Notices

Keeps blowing DME fuse

Old 06-25-2019, 09:21 AM
newkie
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GPA951s View Post
So someone removed them? They were standard on 1989's and if so, they had to jumper out The harness behind the glovebox. If its not soldered and shrink-wrapped and they just jumped the pins then there is an intermittent connection there possibly.
This has always bothered me. Why are there no airbags. Car is registered as 1989. The receipt from the factory says 1989. It also has the wrong steering wheel for airbag.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:31 AM
Dan Martinic
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

"Porsche introduced its driver and passenger airbag passive restraint system on the U.S. 1987 944 Turbo, making it the first vehicle with driver and front passenger airbags fitted as standard equipment. This system, standard on all 944 Turbos destined for the U.S., was also available here as an option on 1987 944s and 944Ss. By the 1990 model year, dual airbags were standard on all Porsches, as they have been on every production Porsche since." https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...airbag-systems

Since you're in Sweden, might be that your car didn't come standard with airbags
Old 06-25-2019, 01:56 PM
GPA951s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I Guess The way to tell is look Behind the Glovebox under the cowl portion, (almost directly under the battery) inside the car and see if that Orange Box is still there. Of course, above the Glovebox It should say "Airbag" on the dash and have that cutout thing-a-ma-bob...

The reason Im am interested in this, is that with "Airbag" cars in the event of deployment it will Cut power to the Fuel Pump. So If there is something going on with that orange controller box or someone took the bag out and did not jumper the pins properly with solder and shrink wrap the car will not run with that circuit open. I have taken Two Airbag controller units out for racecars and had to jump those pins every time..
Old 07-02-2019, 03:41 PM
newkie
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so

Dme relay swapped out
Dme computer swapped out
There is power to the coil
Coil messured and i also tried a known working one

Still no spark. I did how ever spot a potential problem the other day. The turbo pressure guage does not react at all. It has always worked before.

so read up and it (like tach bounce) is an indicator that the DME computor is not getting power.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:03 PM
Dan Martinic
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Weird that it was running then died like that. I guess I would check the grounds... kinda start from scratch
Old 07-02-2019, 04:08 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you getting a spark out of the coil? Or you just checked it has +12V power?

If not getting spark out of the coil, unplug KLR and short pin #9 and #16 on the connector. If you do get spark, the the KLR or KLR chip are the suspects.
If you do not get spark when bypassing the KLR, then your DME may be the issue.

Of course the speed/Ref signals must be working, and you must hVe power at both DME & KLR.

Your car may not start as you may have flooded the engine. Check your plugs if you get spark but no start.

Originally Posted by newkie View Post
so

Dme relay swapped out
Dme computer swapped out
There is power to the coil
Coil messured and i also tried a known working one

Still no spark. I did how ever spot a potential problem the other day. The turbo pressure guage does not react at all. It has always worked before.

so read up and it (like tach bounce) is an indicator that the DME computor is not getting power.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: