Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

For Sale: Recaro Profi SPG XL

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 05:26 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default For Sale: Recaro Profi SPG XL

Category: Interior
Price (no $ sign please): $800
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 996, 997, Other Marques
Location (Region): NorthEast
Item Condition: Used

SOLD.

For sale is a Recaro Profi SPG XL with Recaro side mounts and Recaro sliders. I used it for about two weeks in my daily driven Subaru STi, before deciding it was too uncomfortable for daily driving. Side brackets have one hole added to it for seatbelt receptacle attachment. Everything functions fine, fabric is practically new. Seat is good until 2021, longer if you’re just doing HPDE and not spec racing.Reason for selling is that it’s been sitting here for half a year since I removed it, and I don’t want to drag it back to California with me during my move. Seat is $1050 new, slider is $135 new, side mounts are $125 new, for $1310 total. Asking $800 for everything, picked up locally in Pittsburgh, PA. Shipping will be an additional $150. Please PM me if interested, thank you.

Last edited by LateBraking; 06-16-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:17 PM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been considering single Pole Position, SPGN or SPG XL. What is your height, weight, and waist? What do you find uncomfortable about it?

Apologies for personal questions!
I am 6' 190lbs 33" waist
Old 06-14-2018, 07:40 PM
Darkstar1
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 135 Posts

PM sent.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:21 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TouringTeg
I have been considering single Pole Position, SPGN or SPG XL. What is your height, weight, and waist? What do you find uncomfortable about it?

Apologies for personal questions!
I am 6' 190lbs 33" waist
I'm a fairly hefty 275 lbs, and I'm just shy of 5' 11. The seats are perfectly comfortable to actually sit in, I still have these seats inside of my track-use-only BMW. The problem was inherent to the Subaru and how the doors and B-Pillars were sized and located. Getting in and out of the seat was quite difficult, especially with my back injury. As far as sitting in the seat itself went, I've done trips from Pittsburgh to Watkins Glen in my BMW with these seats and they've been fine for long trips. Really came down to ingress and egress, which was a pain for a daily driven car. I'm switching to Bride Euroster IIs in the Subaru as they have low thigh bolsters while retaining folding bucket seat characteristics.

I'd try sitting in all of them, in your case the most important thing would be finding a seat where the harness holes are properly located relative to your height.

Seats are pending sale.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:00 AM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks very much for the response. I am glad you have a pending sale already.

I have sat in Sparco Pro2000, Bride Gias Low Max and will sit in Bride Zeta 2 tomorrow.

Harness hole height is key. I like Recaro PP and SPG as the bolsters are lower and they are considered comfortable for larger gentleman. I will keep researching and butt testing. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: For Sale: Recaro Profi SPG XL