Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory GT2 RS Wiessach Allocation

Old 06-13-2018, 10:26 AM
OvertonAutomotive
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default GT2 RS Wiessach Allocation

Year: 2018
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Color: any
Price (no $ sign please): $145000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Just as the title says. GT2 RS Wiessach allocation for $145,000 or best offer. No fees, no commissions, no nonsense. This is the cost for the allocation to buy the car at MSRP, not a built vehicle.

Call or text 865-209-7387
I can respond to texts immediately.

Thanks,

Jon Overton
Overton Automotive Brokers

Last edited by OvertonAutomotive; 06-13-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:27 AM
Mpowered
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! Below MSRP!
Old 06-13-2018, 12:00 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpowered
Nice! Below MSRP!
You got that all wrong. Unless i'm missing something, you pay the dealer $145k for the right to buy one at MSRP.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:08 PM
OvertonAutomotive
Former Vendor

^correct. This allocation is about 25k to 50k less than most others I've seen out there. He's being fair, which is more than I can say for most people.

Last edited by OvertonAutomotive; 06-13-2018 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:34 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,864 Likes on 1,352 Posts

What peaks interested here is the phrase "He's being fair - which is more than I can say for most people" is being used. So we are at $ 145,000 over and above the MSRP price for the privilege to buy the car.

Did the original allocation holder have to pay the dealer for the slot or agree to paying well over MSRP for the car to the selling dealer? Once that number is known, then it can be determined if its "fair" or if its simply profiteering. Nothing wrong with good ole fashioned capitalism, but its been qualified here which changes the game. And its OK if you don't want to respond.....but to those of us that don't play in that end of the Porsche spectrum and don't get offered allocations because we don't buy enough new cars regularly - it's just a curiosity.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:42 PM
OvertonAutomotive
Former Vendor

I do have a sense of humor, but it is not ludicrous, in the least, to add 145k to the MSRP for a car that is selling at 200k over MSRP currently. Would you agree? There are cars on the ground, ready to be picked up, and are selling for 200k or more over MSRP. So to be able to buy the same car at 55k less, I would think, is a fair deal for a car that demands MSRP +.

Person A gets the allocation at no cost, decides to sell it at X amount of dollars, yes to make profit. Those X amount of dollars have varied over the past 8 to 12 months because of the availability of these allocations.

I will not disclose the numbers that any client paid for any allocation or car that is selling, I doubt you would want me disclosing your information in such an manner.

Typically a broker in a position such as mine would be charging $175 to $200k for the allocation and then charging commissions and fees on top of that. I've seen those anywhere from 10% to 18%. My client has agreed to pay me a fee for brokering the deal, however it is not paid by the purchaser of the allocation.

So again I will state - my client is being fair about this. He's not charging the full amount that others in his situation are. I'm also not charging ludicrous fees and commissions on top of that either.

I got into this business because I like cars. Plain and simple. I know the business and have been in and around it for many years. I'd like to make a living buying and selling cars for people and to do that I don't go out of my way to charge ridiculous amounts just to make profit for myself because I don't like how most brokers do that.

If you look at what I charge compared to everyone else for consignment you will see that I'm well below anyone else for consignment fees.

Lastly I will restate the rules of the forum for everyone, not to be mean, just to make everyone aware because it happens on this forum more than any other that I'm a member of.

"Unless there is verifiable misrepresentation, posting negative and irrelevant comments in another member's For Sale thread is impolite and not tolerated on Rennlist.

Unnecessary comments will be deleted. Serial offenders will lose their posting privileges and/or infractions will be given.

Thanks for understanding."

Last edited by OvertonAutomotive; 06-13-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:37 PM
richk
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

^Well stated and I don't understand why its so hard to follow the rules. Plenty of other places to vent on Rennlist.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:41 PM
OvertonAutomotive
Former Vendor

^See the comment above yours? This is all that I ever see on this forum and quite frankly it's gotten way out of hand. The moderators should be doing their jobs, but they don't response to PMs or anything else in a timely manner.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:46 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,864 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Well, you're getting plenty of free bumps to the top, that's not so bad. No one is bashing you, just asking questions....you answered them, that's all. No harm, no foul.

Asking questions and answering them is what you do in sales. I know - I've been in sales and own my own retail business 40 years now.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:39 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

I did a clean up on this thread. Please follow the rules regarding comments in a FS thread.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2018, 04:47 PM
OvertonAutomotive
Former Vendor

Thank you Mr. Rouleau
Old 06-14-2018, 03:03 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,063 Likes on 1,175 Posts

Originally Posted by OvertonAutomotive
The moderators should be doing their jobs
We are all unpaid volunteers doing this in our spare time trying to keep this place civil. It's a community that relies upon everyone to assist, which is why we rely so heavily on the report post function. It's impossible for us to read every post and respond to things instantly.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:14 PM
redleg321
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For anyone thinking this is insane, think about the options market. You buy a Call option for a share of Apple stock, for example, and pay a premium for the right to purchase Apple stock at a price above the strike price.

This opportunity does carry risk. If the prices of GT2 RS's suddenly drop then you are SOL; you paid a premium that evaporated.

If the price of GT2 RS's however, stay at current levels or even appreciate (what if this allocation gets authorized PTS?), then this $145k + MSRP may turn out to be a great investment.

I wish markets didn't work this way but that's just how it is. No dealer would publicly give an allocation away for free when there are people pay six figures for them. It just doesn't make any business sense. The guys paying MSRP are guys with relationships with dealers.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:16 PM
OvertonAutomotive
Former Vendor

^thank you, Mr. Costanza. That's also true, if this car were to be allowed to go PTS this car is easily worth a ton more than any other out there.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:39 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,788 Likes on 2,157 Posts

Originally Posted by redleg321
For anyone thinking this is insane, think about the options market. You buy a Call option for a share of Apple stock, for example, and pay a premium for the right to purchase Apple stock at a price above the strike price.

This opportunity does carry risk. If the prices of GT2 RS's suddenly drop then you are SOL; you paid a premium that evaporated.

If the price of GT2 RS's however, stay at current levels or even appreciate (what if this allocation gets authorized PTS?), then this $145k + MSRP may turn out to be a great investment.

I wish markets didn't work this way but that's just how it is. No dealer would publicly give an allocation away for free when there are people pay six figures for them. It just doesn't make any business sense. The guys paying MSRP are guys with relationships with dealers.
I guess that's where I and many others have a disconnect from your logic...we don't view these cars as investments, we look at them as driving machines to be enjoyed on or off track. If someone wants the car bad enough, they'll pay the asking simple as that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory GT2 RS Wiessach Allocation