Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2001 Carrera 4 Red/Cinnamon MANY UPDATES

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 09:04 AM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 248 Posts
Default 2001 Carrera 4 Red/Cinnamon MANY UPDATES

Year: 2001
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 75000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Guards Red
VIN: WP0CA29931S653290
Price (no $ sign please): $24500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Cabriolet
Transmission Type: Tiptronic
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Car is fully mechanically restored, IMS service, water pump, oil/air separator, main seal, coils and plugs, cv boots, hugely expensive brand new genuine porsche airbox. Car purrs like a kitten. The interior is appointed in full leather, rare for a Carrera, and in custom special order Cinnamon. The sound system has been fully updated with a new head unit, new amp, new speakers and new subwoofer. New rear tires. Wheels pictured are ultra rare Turbo I hollow twist racing wheels. Optionally can be replaced with standard silver twists. I have $35,000 invested in this car. My loss is your gain. I'm willing to let her go for around $25k. Any less and I'll just keep her and drive her. If you know what you're looking at and what I've listed as updates, you understand the value and the long term savings buying a car that's this well sorted. I'm letting her go because my kids, who I bought it for, don't want the 911. My daughter has decided she will not be seen in sports cars at all. So I've spent the last 18 months restoring this car for someone else.
Attached Images   

Last edited by ProgRockJunkie; 04-27-2018 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:41 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 741 Likes on 385 Posts

Nice car! Been looking for a tiptronic.
1. Top have plastic or glass window?
2. Do you have a pic of all the option codes?
3. Do you have more pics somewhere?
Old 04-25-2018, 04:21 PM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sasilverbullet
Nice car! Been looking for a tiptronic.
1. Top have plastic or glass window?
2. Do you have a pic of all the option codes?
3. Do you have more pics somewhere?
Thanks!

Glass window with defrost. I'll look for the options list, see if I have it. I know that full leather interior in a custom color was a big option. It has cruise control. Full power seats both sides incl lumbar. Not sure if all those were options but guessing so. The wheels are a big option. They get mixed reviews but I think they look great with guards red. I'll try to figure out what other options she has.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:15 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info. The options list is a bunch of three digit numbers, should be in the owners manual, or under the front hood. Just take a pic of it.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:35 PM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info. The options list is a bunch of three digit numbers, should be in the owners manual, or under the front hood. Just take a pic of it.
Thanks. Checked. The sticker under the hood is completely faded, no numbers in the owners manual. You think my local Porsche dealer could get me the list?
Old 04-26-2018, 10:38 AM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Porsche dealer blew me off, said they were doing system updates and to call back Saturday. Which I will.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:49 AM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 133 Posts

Put it on Bring a Trailer, and it will sell pretty quick at that price.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:11 AM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DC911S
Put it on Bring a Trailer, and it will sell pretty quick at that price.
Not a bad thought. Thanks. I have four or five interested parties, one test drive scheduled for this weekend. At this age, there's a huge difference between sorted and not. Some cars are keepers, some headed for parts. There are enough who know what they're looking at that I'm pretty sure it'll go soon. But this is a great idea and I do want it gone sooner rather than later and will probably take your advice by the end of the weekend if it's still here.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:52 PM
AHnNC
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icspres
Not a bad thought. Thanks. I have four or five interested parties, one test drive scheduled for this weekend. At this age, there's a huge difference between sorted and not. Some cars are keepers, some headed for parts. There are enough who know what they're looking at that I'm pretty sure it'll go soon. But this is a great idea and I do want it gone sooner rather than later and will probably take your advice by the end of the weekend if it's still here.
Always loved the Natural Brown Leather. Here is the build sheet showing the options. GLWS
Old 04-26-2018, 10:25 PM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AHnNC
Always loved the Natural Brown Leather. Here is the build sheet showing the options. GLWS
Awesome, thanks so much.

Previous owner said this interior color was called cinnamon. I'll change the ads where I can to natural brown. Appreciate that.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:09 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Does a 911 with the "delete hardtop" still have the hardware if I purchased one?
Old 05-01-2018, 08:34 PM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Does a 911 with the "delete hardtop" still have the hardware if I purchased one?
Interesting question. I'm no mechanic, gave her the once over today trying to get you an answer but I don't see how a hard top would attach to the car as configured. I could be wrong.

Was great weather for the top down today. The car drives like a dream and the 18 months of leatherique treatments are really bringing the all the leather surfaces back to supple. Got compliments everywhere I went.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:29 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

I don't want to get your hopes up, but out of all the cars I've been looking at I like yours the best. Problem is my current contract ends June 30th and the wifey won't let me buy until I get word they're extending the contract or I have another one lined up. Hopefully the stars will align and you'll still have the car and I'll have a contract!

Oh, and wifey likes that's your in Virgina. Her family is originally from the Morgantown WVA area and she likes the idea of flying up and driving the car back.

Let's see if my prayers will get answered...
Old 05-02-2018, 03:37 PM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

I don't want to get your hopes up, but out of all the cars I've been looking at I like yours the best. Problem is my current contract ends June 30th and the wifey won't let me buy until I get word they're extending the contract or I have another one lined up. Hopefully the stars will align and you'll still have the car and I'll have a contract!

Oh, and wifey likes that's your in Virgina. Her family is originally from the Morgantown WVA area and she likes the idea of flying up and driving the car back.

Let's see if my prayers will get answered...
I hate contracts ending. I completely empathize. I have a small gov't contracting company and I'm always somewhere in that cycle with every employee. I guess we'll see what happens. I've sold quite a number of cars over the years and this one is getting more traffic than any before it, but nobody wants to pay for someone else's maintenance and I'm still asking about 30 cents on the dollar for everything I've done. There's a good chance she'll still be available. Probably accept a little less by then if so.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:27 PM
mikefocke
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Might want to further define "IMS Service" as that can be seals or a $1k bearing and for the '01 era it matters.

Quick Reply: 2001 Carrera 4 Red/Cinnamon MANY UPDATES