Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2002 C4S with LN 3.8L RWD conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 08:16 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 2002 C4S with LN 3.8L RWD conversion

Year: 2002
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 107000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: silver
VIN: WP0AA29932S622131
Price (no $ sign please): $25000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

For Sale: 2002 Carrera 4S Arctic Silver 107,000 miles and counting.
I bought this car from a Rennlist member in North Carolina just over 8 years ago with 38,000+- miles on the odometer. The 996 has been a big part of my life ever since and I've enjoyed it thoroughly but it is time to move on.
I modified the car as needed over the years. At 70k the engine failed due to a dropped valve seat which damaged #5 cylinder wall. (Search D chunk failure) I decided to upgrade the engine with the 3.8 liter LN Engineering "Nickies" nikasil cylinders & forged JE Piston package. I added additional LN parts to fortify the new engine including: billet chain tensioner paddle, deep sump kit, low temp thermostat. I also sent the IMS shaft to LN Engineering for modification to accept their Triple ROW bearing. This IMS modification could only be done in house by LN. Yes, there is a triple row bearing in the engine. The engine has performed flawlessly after the rebuild. The car seen has 10 track days between Homestead Raceway and Sebring. I slowed down my track visits a few years ago. I suppose I could say I got it out of my system. In recent years the car has only seen 5-6k miles. Most of which consist of 2 trips to the Tail of the Dragon, from Miami and back. I must admit.... those trips changed my life. I finally understood why 911s exist. These cars are built for mountain roads. Unfortunately, I live in Miami and began to realize I wouldn't have drives like that but once a year. Ever since then the car sits in my warehouse and only gets driven on the occasional weekend sprint. I will return to the dragon and surrounding roads once more this spring if the car hasn't sold. Ok on to the good stuff......and the not so good stuff.

The car sustained front end damage due to hydroplaning incident, I hit a concrete barrier as car began to spin while traveling/sliding parallel to barrier. Not a big impact. No airbags deployed but it resulted in replacement of front hood, front bumper cover, radiator, brackets and new headlights which got chipped. Body shop replaced all necessary items with new Porsche parts. Front fenders are intact. Rear bumper cover has been replaced also as car spun and touched barrier leaving minor damage. All other panels are original to car and show very well aside from an attempt by my engine builder to sand an area they scratched rear of driver door. No other dings to speak of. Normal wear and tear on front bumper and hood to be expected. Incident happened at 50k miles.

Full disclosure... this damage does not show up on Carfax. I only want to be clear of its history for the new owner.

The good stuff: Dyno sheet shows impressive power after rebuild. The car has not been tuned. We allowed the ECU to "learn" of the increased displacement and this is what we got. I am not an expert test driver... but I could immediately feel the increase in torque, its noticeable. RWD drive conversion was done because I got tired of fixing the leaking differential. I dropped 80 lbs off the car enough said. The car absolutely rips.... come see for yourself.

Additional Mods include:
ARP rod bolts
Porsche RS engine mounts
Fabspeed 200 cell Xpipe - coupled with PSE exhaust, no switch = glorious howl at WOT
H&R Performance Street coilovers - corner balanced and aligned: front camber -2.8, rear camber -2.3, front toe 0, rear toe 2mm toe in - Total weight: 3,248 lbs. (-80lbs now after rwd conversion)
Tarret front camber plates
Rennline fire extinguisher and mount
GT3 front brake ducts
Rear wheel drive conversion - *still have front differential and axles in storage
Rear seat delete with correct leather rosettes to fill seatbelt gap in pillar - seats stored in AC and will come with purchase
7mm & 15mm wheel spacers
*I have 2 sets of wheels, the original solid spokes and a set of hollow spokes for the track. The hollow spokes will not be included in sale price but are available. Both sets are painted gloss black. Newish Yokohama ADO8R installed on hollows. Newish Sumis are mounted on solids.

Replaced component list at time of engine rebuild:
AOS, Water pump, All gaskets, cam plugs, coolant expansion tank, oil filler neck, drive belt, main bearing, rod bearing, rebuilt heads, spark plugs, coil packs, oil pressure sending unit

Replaced components during ownership:
Rotors, pads, windshield, cv boots, O2 sensors, front hubs, wheel bearings, radiator fans, speed sensor, alternator, clutch, clutch release arm, clutch slave cylinder, rear main seal, batteries, electronic ignition switch, numerous fluid changes of course
*Im sure there is more but you get my drift.... I have records going back to 2004 from previous owners. The entire 3 ring binder will be supplied to buyer.

Forgot to mention AC stopped blowing cold recently, I can fix. & I have the sunroof stutter these cars get, must hold open button for sunroof to retract. I'm used to it no big deal.

I will take more pictures of the car over the weekend for those interested. Feel free to make requests or contact me via PM. I will reply to everyone.
If you've made it this far thanks for looking!!!
- Carey

Last edited by Hardback; 03-16-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:24 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Default Open PDF for dyno numbers and option list

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
996.pdf (1.13 MB, 242 views)
Old 03-15-2018, 08:30 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Beautiful car... GLWS
Old 03-16-2018, 10:45 AM
e36c63
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking and well set up 4S! Very interested in some additional pictures, especially of the interior and any imperfections in the paint/body.

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2018, 11:52 AM
PorscheTech993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking car at a very reasonable price. This should sell fast!
Old 03-16-2018, 12:07 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the kind words.

I will post more pictures on Saturday of interior and exterior.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:15 PM
jllphan
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

Great car at a great price. For anyone looking at this thread, good luck finding a better deal. Bought the same car last fall for what i thought was a deal at $22k (same color, miles, oem options, etc.). By choice, i've replaced a lot of wear items and spent about $7k in the process. I'm now $4k higher than this car and have the stock motor and stock suspension. GLWS, but you shouldn't need it, should sell quickly.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:44 PM
e36c63
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hardback
Thanks for the kind words.

I will post more pictures on Saturday of interior and exterior.
If you could PM with some contact info that would be great. I’d do it, but just joined and don’t have the ability yet (joined specifically for this). Thanks again.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:34 PM
DD GT3 RD
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 199 Posts

If this car was in LA I’m pretty sure I would just come get it. Cant imagine having more fun for 25k
Old 03-16-2018, 03:48 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Received 927 Likes on 440 Posts

Bravo. Excellent build. Any well-done LN, Raby, Vision, Bodymotion, or BGB-powered 996 is absolutely the best bang for the buck 911 on the planet. GLWS. This must be an absolute blast to drive. Belongs on the track.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:10 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Thank you sir . More pictures for the interested buyers.

Old 03-17-2018, 03:13 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

more
Old 03-17-2018, 03:17 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

and more....
Old 03-18-2018, 05:23 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Sale pending. Thanks to all those who have expressed interest.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:07 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Sold thanks for all the interest fellas.

Quick Reply: 2002 C4S with LN 3.8L RWD conversion