Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Sold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

BUYER BEWARE OF TRENDY996

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 05:19 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 81 Posts

Category: Engine - Exhaust
Price (no $ sign please): $1700
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911
Location (Region): NorthEast
Item Condition: Used

Originally Posted by mtbnutty
trendy996 has been involved in public disputes here on this forum before. He's already on my ignore list.

wow, thank you for chiming in.................. you wont find a single soul on here with a bad thing to say about me (i hope) i have helped many many members and feel i am an asset to the community, i can sleep well that i always do the right thing, even when no one is looking
Old 02-15-2018, 05:24 PM
Rvca3112
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
I didn't ask for him to reimburse shipping, or the money i spent on labor, or on powder coating, i am taking that on the chin, all i am asking for is to be reimbursed for the parts i returned that didn't fit my car and weren't as described. The fact that hes trying to use the powder coating as a reason to not refund me is deplorable.
bu all means I wasn’t chiming into the discussion. I think it’s a ****ty situation for both parties. I was just replying to the commenter shoves opinion. Hopefully this gets resolved amicably soon.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:31 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,368 Likes on 792 Posts

some additional concerns with this seller.

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-c...-c-o-weat.html
Old 02-15-2018, 05:32 PM
trendy996
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, mtb, I was involved on you refunding my money on parts s I bought from you and then telling me I needed to pay double if I wanted them...... Then I didn’t pick the rollbar up bc it took to long. It was a bad deal on your end. Not mine might I remind you. I’m sure people can use the search button for that.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:40 PM
olegd
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by trendy996
A sharpie marker carries not merit. I know no one would believe something just bc it’s written. Would someone buy a baseball with some signature that said, Babe Ruth?
I went off the actual website
https://www.x-ph.com/enzo-performanc...-pipe-exhaust/
Well correct me if I am wrong, the part you sold as 997.1 exhaust turned out to be a 997.2 exhaust, so the sharpie writing is correct. But you chose to ignore it and caused this whole fracas as a result.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:44 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Rvca3112

when I’ve returned a item I’ve purchased from any company... they NEVER reimburse shipping.
I mean this in a purely curious way but if a company sent you the wrong item you're telling me you would expect to have to pay shipping back to them?

in case you really are looking for companies with better customer service I can tell you that ECS tuning and Amazon would be pleased to pay your return shipping even if it's not their fault
Old 02-15-2018, 06:16 PM
mtbnutty
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trendy996
Ya, mtb, I was involved on you refunding my money on parts s I bought from you and then telling me I needed to pay double if I wanted them...... Then I didn’t pick the rollbar up bc it took to long. It was a bad deal on your end. Not mine might I remind you. I’m sure people can use the search button for that.

Hey bud, total BS. None of this ever happened with me. I have NEVER transacted with you.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:30 PM
moveswiftly
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I feel for OP - he was told the parts fit a 997.1 turbo and acting on that statement, he prepared the product for his vehicle. If you saw that the pipes said 997.2 and knew that those parts aren't compatible with your car, then I'm less sympathetic. However, I don't think the seller is a scammer or misrepresented the situation. He seems to be making a good faith effort to correct the situation and it's not entirely clear that he was even aware that you were going to modify the product. This is a transaction gone sour because of misinformation from both sides and this was not a professional or reasonable manner of handling the dispute in my opinion.

Last edited by moveswiftly; 02-15-2018 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:55 PM
vroomevo
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

agree with moveswiftly, i feel OP's point but on the other hand, exhaust has been altered to the point where no point of return, without the logo, how much will this exhaust worth now?(i am sure there may be some buyer with 997.2 who wants the exact setup with powder coated tips).
even if the seller refunded the money, it will take a while for the buyer to see the money in their account.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:21 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by vroomevo
agree with moveswiftly, i feel OP's point but on the other hand, exhaust has been altered to the point where no point of return, without the logo, how much will this exhaust worth now?(i am sure there may be some buyer with 997.2 who wants the exact setup with powder coated tips).
even if the seller refunded the money, it will take a while for the buyer to see the money in their account.
Im in this camp as well. Both parties are to blame here. id guess 60/40 seller to buyer. Spending that kind of money on an exhaust the OP should have test fit it to make sure it fits before any modifications were made. If you modify a part you bought before making sure it fits your car, you are gonna be in for a bad time.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:28 PM
Agent Jester
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Trendy, where did you obtain this exhaust in the first place since you clearly had no idea what the correct model it belonged to? From what I've read into this thread and other links contained within, you buy parts low then sell them for quite a profit not really knowing what you have or what kind of condition it is really in. Is that your business model?
Old 02-15-2018, 08:03 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Old 02-15-2018, 08:09 PM
Rvca3112
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
I mean this in a purely curious way but if a company sent you the wrong item you're telling me you would expect to have to pay shipping back to them?

in case you really are looking for companies with better customer service I can tell you that ECS tuning and Amazon would be pleased to pay your return shipping even if it's not their fault
yeah I didn’t take that into account... durrr on my part
Old 02-15-2018, 08:11 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

I think if the buyer had not gotten so irate and paranoid that it all would have worked out. But he chose to pick a fight and is dealing with the consequences. Trendy is a vendor on Rennlist and I do believe he tries to act like he's not horse trading parts but really that's all he's doing. I've bought several things from him early on and it went decent. He's not one of my preferred sellers by any means but I do believe if the buyer hadn't panicked and refused to ship without refund that this would have all been a non-issue.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:27 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

First, I don't have a dog in this fight, just a long time member who's bought and sold lots of stuff here since 2003. I've dealt with trendy996 in the past without issue. I don't think he was out to rip anybody off, however he should've known the part was for a 997.2., especially when it's written on the part. At the same time, a buyer must inspect and verify the used part is correct before installing, or modifying in any way. Once you got the part and it said 997.2, antennas must go up, must verify. At the very least your mechanic should've been suspicious when he saw 997.2. Painting the tips was probably a mistake.
This is always the risk in buying used parts, yes you save a ton of cash but there's always some degree of risk. Sometimes you're better off buying new.
Maybe a compromise, full refund minus $200 bc the pipes were painted?
just an outside observer thinking out loud
hope this mess gets sorted, perhaps the mods in charge of the fs section can chime in on this one.
c

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE OF TRENDY996