Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Sold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Foxdecoy Status Seat sale gone Wrong

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 06:27 AM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $1600
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 996
Location (Region): West
Item Condition: Used

Originally Posted by lowpue
I hate seeing these type of threads....I find that Rennlist is a fantastic community of folks and have had hundreds of transactions with all successful outcomes even those with shipping issues or products not meeting expectations...so reading this is unusual and disappointing. I hope you guys can come to some sort of agreement soon. What is even more unusual is the same thing happening to the same individual within a month as shown in this post:
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...-carriers.html
Now I am not going to take sides especially because I have no vested interest in this nor do I know the players or have any idea about the truth, but I would argue that all the guys here are nice guys so perhaps how you approach issues should be considered.

wow! That's exactly what he did to me paypal'd me before we even agreed to the price! And he immediately started bad mouthing me. So I backed out on the nice, easy and local sale to a friend to sell to this guy who has in my opinion become irrational. This damaged was caused during shipping and I'm taking the proper steps to have it taken care of. Weather you want to comply is up to you. This guy continues to threaten me by saying he will call my employer, bad mouth me on other websites and get me kicked off of rennlist. As for the decklid he has been refunded. He texts me on New Years saying "Where's the claim number, CLOWN." Sorry buddy how about you learn how to speak to people.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Agent Jester
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Fox, you still haven't explained why the seats were not packed properly to prevent damage. Seems to me that, if this was done, none of these other issues would have occurred. I agree that taking out a $2000 policy then shipping the seats in a manner that would almost certainly cause damage is a bit fishy.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:14 PM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

I didn't pack the seats nor did I tell ups not to pack them properly. It literally makes no sense for me to cause an issue like that. I've had once insurance claim from seats and that was 4 years ago. I've sold multiple sets of BBS E88s on this forum not to mentioned countless other high dollar items. I've used the same forum name for 10 years now. Why would I try and screw someone over for a measly $400.... this guy has been a huge pain ever sense the sale and multiple people will agree he is not easy to deal with. Meanwhile multiple people will agree that doing business with me is fast and easy...
Old 01-03-2018, 03:23 PM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fox Decoy please Elaborate on who this I am hard to deal with, I have had nothing but perfect transactions on rennlist , so please do let us all know who says Im hard to deal with?

I have simply asked you to send a return label yesterday so i can send the seats back to you on your dime , not mine but you now refuse to respond to me by text or phone so I am forced to try to communicate with you here.

if you wont send me a return label for the seats so I can send them back to you and then deal with paypal to get my money back then I think we would all agree that there is something else going on here.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:26 PM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

Foxdecoy ...where are you coming up with "a Measly $400" the seats I purchased from you were $1600.00
Old 01-03-2018, 03:32 PM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

I have asked FoxDecoy to facilitate me dropping the seats off at Fedex for the claims department to take delivery of them - he would not
I then asked him to refund me a portion of the $1600 I paid for the seats so i could have them repaired - he refused
I then asked him to send me a return shipping label for the seats to send them back to him so that I would not have to be in the middle of this mess, and could taki it up with paypal to get my money back - he would not respond.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

I've been texting for the past three days. I'm done dealing with you. File a PayPal claim like I told you weeks ago or wait for FedEx to provide a return label. You text me regularly disrespecting me and expecting me to jump through hoops for you. I'm no longer going to entertain your games. All you want is your money back and to keep my seats. If not you would have filed the claim or brought them to FedEx already. Good day my friend.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,140 Likes on 3,913 Posts

This is actually really simple. If a claim has been filed, the carrier should be arranging to pick-up the goods and packaging to anaylyze the damage and determine if they will payout on the claim or not. If there's no packing material with the seats, I'm fairly certain they won't pay the claim. If there is in-fact a claim filed, why has the carrier not arranged to or picked up the goods they delivered. For the Buyer to be successful in his PayPal claim, he's going to need to prove that A) the merchandise arrived damaged (easy to do with photos) and that B) he is no longer in possession of the merchandise, which he can't do until the Carrier has picked them back up and they leave him a pick-up receipt. With the evidence presented in this thread, I have to side with ColoradoCayenne on this one.

Foxdecoy, if a claim exists with the carrier, why hasn't the shipment been picked back up, as it usually only takes a day or two for them to come back and get it once the claim is in their system - they drive their routes every day. ColoradoCayenne, if you have a copy of the claim with a claim number, why not call the carrier yourself and tell them you're trying to schedule a pick-up of the damaged goods from claim # XYZ so they can tell you when they'll be dispatching the driver for the pickup. If nothing else, it at least puts you in direct contact with the carrier so you can get this moving. Alternatively, you can call the Carrier and provide them the original shipment tracking #. If a claim exists, it will be tied to the original tracking # and if it doesn't, you'll have more evidence with which to file the paypal claim, at which point, you should proceed with that.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:51 PM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

Thankfully I have done everything through text and email. So I'm comfortable with saying this is not waiting on me.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:02 PM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

I had to call Shipnex myself as Decoy was clearly having trouble

in five minutes I did what fox decoy coiuld not manage to do in 3 weeks, Fedex is picking his seats and I have contacted paypal to get my money.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:04 PM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

thankfully I took the reigns form this child and fixed the problem.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:20 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

i'm glad to see this has been resolved.

Next time, try not resorting to mature name calling as it only take you look like the unprofessional one.

Here's what I don't understand. If you subsequently found the seats for $1,600 new, why didn't' you just buy them new? Why send him $1,400 without him agreeing to take $1,400 for the seats. Why the subsequent call to him telling that you sent him only $1,400 and that you want him to give you a $200 discount. Your way of purchase transactions seems strange.

I agree that, here on Rennlist, we should be able to pay via F&F. However, as with my last transaction, I realize that this isn't always the best move. I pride myself on honest and trustworthy transactions. I will take a loss any day of the week to protect my name.

Money comes and goes on a regular basis. Reputation comes and then when it goes, it goes forever!

In the end, I feel that Fox Decoy should have just paid you back to protect his name, which is now tarnished forever. CC, you should have filed with PP on day one and saved the drama. Post up once to let everyone know and handle business on getting your cash returned to you.

Hope everything works out.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:42 PM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
i'm glad to see this has been resolved.

Next time, try not resorting to mature name calling as it only take you look like the unprofessional one.

Here's what I don't understand. If you subsequently found the seats for $1,600 new, why didn't' you just buy them new? Why send him $1,400 without him agreeing to take $1,400 for the seats. Why the subsequent call to him telling that you sent him only $1,400 and that you want him to give you a $200 discount. Your way of purchase transactions seems strange.

I agree that, here on Rennlist, we should be able to pay via F&F. However, as with my last transaction, I realize that this isn't always the best move. I pride myself on honest and trustworthy transactions. I will take a loss any day of the week to protect my name.

Money comes and goes on a regular basis. Reputation comes and then when it goes, it goes forever!

In the end, I feel that Fox Decoy should have just paid you back to protect his name, which is now tarnished forever. CC, you should have filed with PP on day one and saved the drama. Post up once to let everyone know and handle business on getting your cash returned to you.

Hope everything works out.
I wouldn't have had a problem refunding him in the correct manor. But he didn't pay via friends and family and didn't cover fees like I asked. He acted very irrational from the beginning so if I were to refund him without a PayPal claim nothing stops him from continuing to act irrational and just keeping my seats. PAYPAL strictly advised against me refunding him without having my seats as I would no longer be protected. It's a shame than because of this guy acting as if I haven't been communicating, sending emails to FedEx and shipnex that I may come out as the bad guy. Even though at the beginning of al this I TOLD HIM TO FILE THE CLAIM WITH PAYPAL AND I WILL DEAL WITH THE INSURANCE ON MY OWN. Now that he finally does it, he is the genius. Okay I guess that's how it works. This will be my first PayPal claim in 10 years. I'm far froma scammer..
Old 01-03-2018, 04:45 PM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

Radio Driver I would have lost my shipping money if I had filed with paypal as they would have made me pay to ship the seats back. also I could have been liable for shipping the seats without packaging material.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:55 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,140 Likes on 3,913 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxdecoy

I wouldn't have had a problem refunding him in the correct manor. But he didn't pay via friends and family and didn't cover fees like I asked. He acted very irrational from the beginning so if I were to refund him without a PayPal claim nothing stops him from continuing to act irrational and just keeping my seats. PAYPAL strictly advised against me refunding him without having my seats as I would no longer be protected. It's a shame than because of this guy acting as if I haven't been communicating, sending emails to FedEx and shipnex that I may come out as the bad guy. Even though at the beginning of al this I TOLD HIM TO FILE THE CLAIM WITH PAYPAL AND I WILL DEAL WITH THE INSURANCE ON MY OWN. Now that he finally does it, he is the genius. Okay I guess that's how it works. This will be my first PayPal claim in 10 years. I'm far froma scammer..
The problem is that sequence of events doesn't work well either, because PayPal won't usually find in the buyer's behalf if they still have the merchandise, so he really shouldn't file a PayPal claim until he can prove the damaged merchandise has be reclaimed by the shipper as part of the claims process. Otherwise, people would file claims with PayPal, get their money back, and still have the goods (damaged or not). There's a sequence of events that needs to be followed here to protect both the Buyer and the Seller.
  1. Buyer receives damaged goods and sends photos to seller (Buyer keeps all packing materials and shipping carton)
  2. Seller / Shipper files a damage claim with Carrier using buyer's photos
  3. Buyer makes the goods and shipping materials available for carrier pickup
  4. Once goods are reclaimed by the Carrier, seller issues a refund to the buyer (at least this is how it should work as the buyer is no longer in possession of what he bought and the shipping claim will only be paid to the shipper once he proves proper packing diligence and value of shipment).
  5. If Seller doesn't reimburse buyer by reversing the PayPal payment, then the Buyer has the recourse to file the claim with PayPal, but really shouldn't do this before the Carrier has reclaimed the goods. The PayPal claim should never really need to be filed unless the Seller is being uncooperative or believes the Buyer has somehow damaged the merchandise after it was received in good condition from the carrier. The reason is that the Buyer has nothing to do with the contract between the Shipper, the Carrier, and the claim, so you repeatedly insisting that ColoradoCayenne file a PayPal claim when you hadn't yet successfully arranged for your seats to be picked back up by FedEx is where things went wrong in my opinion.

Maybe others can learn from this thread.

Quick Reply: Foxdecoy Status Seat sale gone Wrong