Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Sold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Foxdecoy Status Seat sale gone Wrong

Old 12-16-2017, 02:39 PM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $1600
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 996
Location (Region): West
Item Condition: Used

You're not familiar with shipnex which is understandable. You cannot file a claim over the phone. Like I said. Claim has been filed with insurance now please do your part and file the PayPal claim. If don't mind, stop making me seem like the bad guy when you still won't do what everyone is saying to do and file the PayPal claim.
Old 12-16-2017, 03:34 PM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Andrew (Foxdecoy ) I will not be filing a paypal claim till I have a the fedex/shipnex claim number - it has been over 2 months and you have not paid out E90steve, there is no way that claim is till pending, and a paypal claim will timeout before then, I am not going to take responsibility for the return shipping or possible damage that may ensue from shipping the seats back so I will not file a claim with paypal till you have provided me with an actual claim number and I can drop the seats off at Fedex claims dept.

Im not trying to make you look like the bad guy - you are the bad guy
Old 12-16-2017, 03:35 PM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

why does E90steve still not have his refund after 2 months????? please explain that.
Old 12-16-2017, 03:37 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

I don't think I'll be doing business with the buyer or the seller. What a ****show.
Old 12-16-2017, 03:40 PM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

You do realize that by filing a claim you receive the refund right? As for Steve im taking care of him.
Old 12-16-2017, 05:06 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,956 Likes on 934 Posts

I feel extremely lucky to have blindly trusted members on this forums and have had zero issues so far.

I am certain this is the exception and not the rule.. but pretty crappy situation all in all..

Good luck to the buyer.. as from my point of view (given information I have) he is the one loosing out in this sh*tshow...
Old 12-16-2017, 05:17 PM
Jferrante
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts

holy **** - go away
Old 12-16-2017, 05:26 PM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

Originally Posted by desmotesta
I feel extremely lucky to have blindly trusted members on this forums and have had zero issues so far.

I am certain this is the exception and not the rule.. but pretty crappy situation all in all..

Good luck to the buyer.. as from my point of view (given information I have) he is the one loosing out in this sh*tshow...

ive done everything I can to make this right. It's up to him to file the claim. What's strange to me is why he refuses to do so. It's like he wants me to refund him and then he just keeps my seats.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:15 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 360 Posts

No affiliation here, but FWIW I use Shipnex all the time. Shipnex provides discounted shipping rates through both FedEx and UPS. It's not unusual to have a parcel packaged at a UPS store, and then shipped by FedEx or UPS as Shipnex designates. Both parties need to cooperate with one another to rectify this matter.

If Foxdecoy paid UPS to box and wrap the seats, that's where clam lies. Buyer should take the seats to a UPS store with Foxdecoy covering the cost for packing and shipping, which will be hefty. Buyer also needs to provide Foxdecoy with photos of how the seats arrived with no packing so Foxdecoy can make his claim with UPS. Buyer can then proceed with the PayPal claim.

It's also possible that the seats don't need to be packed or shipped at all. Foxdecoy may be able to aimply have UPS accept a return of the damaged goods once Foxdecoy gets the claim going.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:27 AM
David993S
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Slakker
I don't think I'll be doing business with the buyer or the seller. What a ****show.
^^ Exactly.

Slakker is the kind of RL'er you want to do business with. I bought a set of MY02's from him and it couldn't have been easier or better.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:50 AM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

How is it that we have a sticky on this web forum by the Mods about making comments in For Sale ads and that the strictest of tolerances will be applied, yet here we have a dirty laundry post that has as much drama as any episode of "As the Rotor Turns" could possibly have.

Seriously...
Old 12-17-2017, 10:59 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

Why were the seats not packaged in the proper way?
Old 01-03-2018, 01:07 AM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

Update : Today fox decoy has informed me that "Shipnex" the third party shipper he used still does not have a claim number to give him after filing the claim 3 weeks ago ... not sure what to believe here...
then he had the gumption to tell me that I should take the seats in to a shop and get a quote for repair, I have told him numerous times, I just want my money back asap. he is dragging this out as long as he can for what ever reason

he still has not refunded the guy for deckled and that saga has been going on for over two months

Moderators, why is this guy still selling parts on renlist ? why is there at least not some kind of warning on the top of the page with the scammers. he is clearly doing something with insurance on the parts he sells and then" they don't quite make it in one piece..."
Old 01-03-2018, 01:11 AM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

Sean R the seats were taken by him to ups store to package, I called the UPS Store as things seemed so fishy the UPS store guy said the guy came in and said put these in a box and paid for the box and no packaging, apparently the UPS Guy even asked him "no packing material ?" he did not pay for packaging material at all

the whole premise was that fox decoy gave me he was taking them to the ups store was so they would be 100% covered incase something happened. but he does not seem to realize that even if that was the case he would have had to have left them there for shipping with ups not picked them and taken them to fedex ...
Old 01-03-2018, 02:40 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 259 Posts

I hate seeing these type of threads....I find that Rennlist is a fantastic community of folks and have had hundreds of transactions with all successful outcomes even those with shipping issues or products not meeting expectations...so reading this is unusual and disappointing. I hope you guys can come to some sort of agreement soon. What is even more unusual is the same thing happening to the same individual within a month as shown in this post:
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...-carriers.html
Now I am not going to take sides especially because I have no vested interest in this nor do I know the players or have any idea about the truth, but I would argue that all the guys here are nice guys so perhaps how you approach issues should be considered.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Foxdecoy Status Seat sale gone Wrong