Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Sold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Foxdecoy Status Seat sale gone Wrong

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 11:46 PM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Foxdecoy Status Seat sale gone Wrong

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $1600
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 996
Location (Region): West
Item Condition: Used

Status Seat Sale Update:

I would strongly Sugest you do not purchase anything from Foxdecoy!!!
I have had an experience that has only gone downhill fast!
I had enquired about the seats and offered $1600 , I then found the seats new for $1600 and sent him $1400 asking him if he would do that price for his used seats, he then said he would , stating that I would have to wait till the weekend for him to ship the status seats, I said no problem, a day later after he had had my money already, he informed me that he had now sold the seats locally, Naturally I was upset and responded on the thread associated with the seats(not this one)
He then Agreed to send me the seats if I paid him an additional $200, I really wanted the seats, so I sent him $200 more, this was on Friday the 1st I asked him By Text to please make sure the seats are well packaged so no damage occurs, I even asked him if he would please wrap the carbon fiber uppers seat backs with some saran wrap to avoid scratching, he says he is going to have the UPS Store pack the seats professionally and not to worry! (more on the damage later!)

He then told me he would have the seats shipped out for sure on Monday
monday the 4th rolls around and I enquire about a tracking #, He sends he a fedex tracking # which was not active, it was not active the next day either , so I contacted him , he spins me some BS about his card being declined by UPS Store

He swears top me the Seats were shipped on monday the 4th I ask him for a picture of the Shipping label... He sends me a picture by test of the shipping label but taken at an angle to obscure the date.

I got the box on wednesday the 13th the ship date was only the 7th of December after he promised me the box had been dropped off on the 4th and there was some issue with his payment and thats why it did not go out till the 7th. I was confused by his shipping technique.. He printed the shipping and paid for shipping through some site called shipnex, had the box packaged at the UPS store then took the box to Fedex for shipping???? weird

Upon opning the box I discover the seats were just put in the box on top of each other with absolutely zero packaging material, no one bubble, not a single piece of paper and yes... Damage had occurred!

the seat rail poked right through the alcantera in two places, and the lower seat cushion was ripped off and the frame was sraped and scratched, both carbon fiber seat backs had scratches and rubs, and delimitation in four places

not to mention the seats WERE FADED ( nothing to do with the shipping) I was surprised as he had advertised them as" nearly new, and used for only one Road trip"

that aside I sent him pictures.

he promptly told me he had insurance through shipnex for $2000
and that fedex would pick up the seats for inspection of the claim, I told him I would dop them off at the fedex claims department so he could refund me, I questioned him about the packaging, he sent me a recipt from the ups store showin ghta t the seats were not packaged till the 7th of December in the late afternoon!!! incrimating himself in the lies he had been spinning me

this is only the Beginning!
these seats were to be aa Christmas present, so I wanted to get the refund so I could pursue other options for seats
he now does not want me to take the seats for inspection at fedex, he now wants me to send them back to him and file a claim through paypal.
I refused to send the seats back for fear that He will blame my shipping the seats for the damage, I also called the UPS store and smoke to David there who remembers the seats coming in for packaging, he told me the shipper only asked him to put them in a box quickly and did not pay for packaging material even when asked if he wanted the seats to be packaged up safely.

I then offered another option for him to refund me $1000 and I would have the seats repaired and the covers replaced and deal with it, be refused that option also.

I am not sure what to do at this point, I dont want to risk shipping them back to him.

more to follow

but I would highly recomend not purchasing any used parts from this Bozo.

He has told me all kinds of stories by text about how he is in a tough place right now and does not have the money to refund me,
Old 12-16-2017, 01:15 AM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you pay initially via PayPal? If so file that claim with them now without returning the merch.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:43 AM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As stated in the last thread.
I refuse to talk to you on the phone because you are acting irrational calling me a ***** and an idiot for not talking to you over the phone. I have no problem going through PayPal for a refund. That is the way that both of us will stay safe. You want me to refund you without me having any security that I will even receive the seats back. I'm sorry but you're coming off very irrational with the aggression and name calling. What's stopping you from saying screw him once I refund you and you just keeping the seats. Business is done through PayPal for a reason. And that reason is if something like this is to occur then the buyer and seller is protected. I have no problem with you following through with a PayPal claim so you get your refund and I then get my seats. As for the initial sale of the seats I said and I quote "IF I were to accept your offer would you be ok with me shipping on the weekend." By the time you replied I had a local buyer for the seats. And you decided to send me your lowball of an offer. Then started bad mouthing me like you are now. After bad mouthing me and not getting your way you sent me another 200 to agree to the original price we agreed on. As far as me not being able to ship them out on time he asked for a partial refund of $100 because he had to wait an extra 5 days. Which honestly is kind of ridiculous to me but I honored it anyway. I have used this forum name for 10 years now on multiple forums and never had anyone bad mouthing me. I have done sales on here that have been exceptionally easy. Like I've stated earlier I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you have been put it but I prefer we do this the right way and go through a PayPal claim.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:44 AM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

Old 12-16-2017, 01:46 AM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

^a couple vouches from my thread earlier
Old 12-16-2017, 03:22 AM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

This just in from another Renlister who just pm'ed me

im going through the same thing with this dirtbag. He sold me a part that arrived damaged. Almost looked intentionally damaged and poorly packaged. Going through so much run around with him regarding claims refunds etc. I think he’s running a scam with insurance. Or he’s just a complete dirtbag. I’m out $300 with him who knows if I’ll ever see it. Been at least 2 months. I posted almost the same thread you did but in his for sale post. He deleted the post and also deleted the member message I posted on his profile wall warming others to not buy from him.

needs to be kicked off the forum!
Old 12-16-2017, 03:25 AM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

I totally Agree , this guy is doing something with insurance claims, I paid him $1600 for the seats, he insured them for $2000 and stuck them in a box with no packaging... then also lets on that he is having financial trouble and is in a tight spot and can't refund me $1600
Old 12-16-2017, 03:31 AM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

I have so many Texts from this guy all full of Bull**** I called him out for lying to me about shipping the Seats on mnday the 4th and then does not have them packaged up till the 7th and they dont leave the fedex shipping dept till the 8th,

I made him admit to lying to me.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:41 AM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 247 Posts

Old 12-16-2017, 09:03 AM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

Jesus I literally refunded you $100 for being 3 days late on my shipping and apologized. Accidents happen things get damaged during shipping I literally have ups pack my items. Insurance claim are not fun for any party why does it make any sense for my to make the transaction difficult. I've done thousands of dollars of legitimate business through here. Sadly these two packages have gotten damaged. If I didn't give a **** about it I wouldn't be messaging both of you. But I have claims currently open with both cases. And I've sent confirmation of these open cases to both of you. Idk how much insurance claims you guys got through but it's not an easy task especially with my schedule. I'm communicating with you everyday about the seats. You have acted like a lunatic sense this transaction has started like if I don't jump through rings of fire to please al of a sudden I'm a bad business man. It's the holidays for Christ sake have some patience. I've told you AT LEAST 10 TIMES. File a PayPal claim so we can do this the right way but you will not do that so instead you make this post trying to tarnish my name. Sorry my friend but I've dealt with guys like you before and I should have known from the start when I tried offering you a refund and you changed your attitude completely saying nooooooo I want the seats dude.
like I said I have open case for both packages I'm not ignoring either of these people. It's rare that things get damaged during shipping but unfortunately it happened to both of you and I will continue to try and take care of it. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:13 AM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

And btw still no PayPal claim filed on the buyers part. Never in my life would I think I'd be asking a person to file a claim against me. And I've never had a claim filed against me. But this guy is asking me to refund him while he still had my seats that were damaged in shipping after being packed by ups. If you wanted a refund sooooo bad then you would have filed a claim and got a refund back. Instead because things are not going exactly your way you throw this temper tantrum online trying to make me look bad it's crazy. I already have a insurance claim open and I'm about to open a PayPal claim for you I guess I have no idea how that would even work.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:06 AM
e90steve
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

I've asked the original poster to remove my PM comments from this post until my transaction with Foxdecoy is resolved, for better or for worse. I will happily chime in publicly and timely when a resolution in my transaction with Foxdecoy is or isn't achieved.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:11 AM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

Thank you Steve I will continue to try and keep you updated as I go. I apologize for the delay and hope to get this off both of our plates very soon. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:15 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

A claim should be filed with PayPal. The shipping carrier (UPS) will not process a claim payment without picking the merchandise and packing materials back up and inspecting it, so the buyer (coloradocayenne CC) will need to make it available for UPS to reclaim, and they will leave a pickup receipt when they do, so CC can prove he's no longer in possession of the merchandise. However, it's the shippers (Fox decoys FOX) responsibility to adequately package and protect the merchandise being shipped following the shipping guidelines for UPS, which clearly wasn't done in this case, which MEANS in the end, the claim will most likely be denied by the carrier. With the shipper being g the UPS store, but them remembering FOX denying to agree to adequate packaging materials and their costs, the onus is still going to fall on FOX.

UPS will only pay the claim to the shipper, not the receiver, so even if they PAY out, which I don't believe they will, CC will still need to wait on FOX to refund the payment, but if the claim is denied, I can see from these messages what's going to happen here.

CC, that's why you should file the PayPal claim. Take pictures of the damage, you'll need to show you're no longer in possession of the seats with the carrier reclaim receipt, and then they will refund the money you paid to FOX while he works out the claim with UPS, since he's the one they're going to pay anyway.

Good luck guys.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:17 AM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

Im sorry that after two insurance claims out of over 50 transactions on this site alone in the past year makes it seem like "I'm doing something with insurance claims" I set the insured value higher than the purchase price so I can refund the buyer a larger amount than initially paid to help alleviate the headache that comes with a claim like this. Sadly big companies like FedEx and UPS do not necessarily make it easy for claims to be followed through with.

Quick Reply: Foxdecoy Status Seat sale gone Wrong