Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Wtb durametric cable

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 04:07 AM
limitedslip
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 68 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $123
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Used

Originally Posted by Cbst09
The Durametric Group Buy is on life support at this point. Here's the deal, when I contacted the folks at Durametric they told me they don't do group buys. However they offer a standard discount of 20% if you purchase 2 or more BUT they will only ship to 1 location and bill a single credit card since they don't want to provide a discount if they have to divide the order up. They have had this standard discount now for a few years already. The group buy kind of died once it was determined that someone had to order the items and then re-ship the units individually out to the other group buyer/buyers. Seemed like a lot of work and the possibility of someone on either end getting burned took the steam out of things.

The net cost for the enthusiast kit if anyone wants to pair up and purchase would be $287 minus the 20% discount = $229.60 plus the shipping cost of $11.35 for a total of $240.95. That's a darn good price considering that a used unboxed durametric sold on ebay this week for $238.59 and regularly sell for http://www.ebay.com/itm/151217044862...84.m1423.l2649

So.... I am willing to pair up with someone to purchase two of these in order to get the discount. I will purchase 2 units upfront and re-ship to the other buyer. I am located in Raleigh, NC and ideally would then meet up locally or I could ship out once I receive payment. If there isn't anyone local then preference is to have someone at least in the southeast-ish to minimize the shipping cost.

Terms
I can do the initial purchase from Durametric or if you are more comfortable doing the purchase I'm fine with that too. Price would be $240.95 plus about $5.00 to re-ship it. This is much better than the total shipped cost to buy a single tool from Durametric of $298.35.
I will re-ship the Durametric Enthusiast tool to you once I receive payment via check and it clears. (I have a paypal account but prefer not to use paypal since they charge a fee, if you want to use paypal then you pay the fee ). Or can meet locally to exchange if you are in the Raleigh Area.

If someone wants to pair up with me send me a PM. Thanks
This is a pretty solid discount!

Last edited by limitedslip; 03-29-2014 at 02:44 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:35 PM
RedRSA
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRSA
PM sent...Interested in the Enthusiast model, located in Fairfax.
Anyone else in the Washington DC Metro area interested?
Old 03-29-2014, 08:15 AM
mkaunitz
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

DC area interested
Old 03-30-2014, 03:17 AM
RedRSA
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mkaunitz
DC area interested
Sent an email with my contact info...