Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: Cayenne Turbo S Rear Bumper with Aluminum Trim

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 12:12 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,161 Likes on 3,926 Posts
Default FS: Cayenne Turbo S Rear Bumper with Aluminum & Stainless Trim

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price (no $ sign please): $1000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): Cayenne
Location (Region): SouthEast
Item Condition: Used

As part of the Misha Widebody build on my low-mileage 2009 Cayenne Turbo S, I replaced the rear bumper, so I'm offering it up for sale for someone who needs a good replacement for their Turbo S or someone who would like the more aggressive rear look of the Turbo S bumper, which also has the large oval exhaust openings to run the better looking, dual side-by-side exhaust tips on each side (OEM, Fabspeed, etc).

What you see in the photos is what's included, which is:
  • the upper polyeurethane bumper in gloss black
  • the lower valence in textured black (OEM finish)
  • the left and right plastic side support grids
  • the metal center support structure
  • all the aluminum trim (bumper top strip, lower large plate, and oval trims around the exhaust openings

Not included are:
  • the rear parking sensors (but the holes are there to remount yours)
  • the wiring harness
  • the pieces of the OEM fender flare kit which were previously sold off (the remnants of the attachment adhesive are still visible, but can be easily cleaned off)

The bumper has a very small defect that I've highlighted in the photos just under the top metal plate near the center, where a couple of the plastic tab receivers are damaged. Installed they are unnoticeable, and weren't even discovered during the PPI I had done on the vehicle prior to purchase. We only found them once the bumper was removed from the car as part of the widebody build.

957 Turbo bumpers with all of the aluminum trim and plates removed are going for about $1,500 shipped. I'm listing mine with all the trim included for $1,000 and figure we can ship it via Greyhound freight pretty reasonbly (probably around $150) or local pickup can also be arranged.

If I don't get any takers for the complete bumper, I might be willing to deinstall the aluminum trim pieces and sell them separately, which would be the outer top trim plate (top of the bumper where the hatch opens, the lower metal large trim plate, and the left & right exhaust bezels.

Last edited by Petza914; 08-23-2017 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:51 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,161 Likes on 3,926 Posts

So I've done some additional research on the rear bumper, also looking at a 957 Cayenne S for comparison and it looks like the complete bumper is made up of 3 primary sections.
  1. There's the top section that includes the metal loading ledge top bumper trim strip) along with the holes for the parking sensors, but it looks like the shape of this section is common across all 957s (differs depending on whether you have the metal trim or park assist options). The top section terminates just below the run of parking sensors. Looks like these go for around $260 used and another $100 for a used metal trim strip. If this section of your car is in good shape, you can reuse it.
  2. Below that is the main bumper section and this is where the exhaust openings are. The Turbo bumper has nice, large oval exhaust openings where you can use the aggressive dual tip styles from Fabspeed, Tech-Art, Cargraphic, FVD, or similar. This is also the section where I have the other stainless skid plate, which Suncoast sells new for $499. This bumper section without the skid plate is a bit tough to find and runs about $900 used, and not in great shape. Mine also includes the aluminum look exhaust trim bezels ($200 / pair used) the inner grid supports at about $40 each, and the inner metal frame (?). IMO, this is the section that gives the rear end of the Turbo & Turbo S models their aggressive look, but the tips for these cars have the same bends as the other models, they just need the oval openings for the aggressive dual tips. This means you can upgrade the look of your S (maybe even a non-S) to Turbo / GTS look by changing out this center section of the rear bumper and installing nicer tips.
  3. Below that is the lower section of the lower rear bumper ($471 new) which go for around $250 used.

So for the complete bumper, my listed price is below market value, but I'd also be willing to sell only the middle and lower sections if you want to pair those to your existing top section if your car doesn't have the park assist feature.

With this bumper, you can use OEM Turbo or Turbo S tips, or any of these for your desired finished look.

OEM Turbo S

OEM Turbo S

cargraphic

Fabspeed

FVD

FVD

Interlocking Ovals

Interlocking Ovals
Old 12-11-2017, 05:03 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member