Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FVD Brombacher Complete Exhaust System for Carrera S 997.2 DFI

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 03:21 PM
KCROO
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FVD Brombacher Complete Exhaust System for Carrera S 997.2 DFI

Category: Engine - Exhaust
Price (no $ sign please): $3500
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911
Location (Region): SoCAl
Item Condition: Used

Hey Guys,

Moved on to 991 GT3. Up for sales this FVD exhaust system for Carrera S 997.2 DFI in excellent condition, no cracks, dents or scrapes. Prefer face to face deal in So.Cal buyer, but will ship within US.

Kevin
kevin428cheng@gmail.com
626-260-439

Part: BES 997 202 01S8
Original purchased: 9/15/2011
MSRP $9700
Asking $3500

Exhaust System 997 09- "Brombacher" Quiet Version (94db Variante), 200 Cell Cats ,Tips 4x90mm
BES 997 202 01S8
"BROMBACHER" Stainless Steel Exhaust System for the 997-2

FACTS:

- Equal Length Headers with Long Tube Design
- 200 Cell German HJS Sport Catalysts with "U Torque" design
- 2 3/4" Tubing (70mm)
- Sealing Cone Style Connections and Quick Release Clamps
- 4 x 3.5"(90mm) Round Tips
- Made in Germany
-+ 28 Hp & + 20 lb.-ft torque Gain with exhaust system only.
- Weighs 72 lbs.(33,0 Kg).
The stock system weighs 84 lbs (38 kg), savings is 12lbs (5 kg).

FIGURES:

Genuine:
Engine - 6 Cylinder Boxer
Capacity - 3800ccm
Compression ratio - 12,5:1
Max. Power - 283kW (385HP) @ 6500rpm
Max. Torque - 420Nm (310lbf ft) @ 4400rpm
Max. Speed - 300km/h
Max. RPM - 7500rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h - 4.5s

Level 3 Tuning (Includes FVD software, sport airfilter and exhaust)
Max. Power - 311kW (423HP) @ 6500rpm
Max. Torque - 460Nm (339lbf ft) @ 4500rpm
Max. Speed - 310km/h
Max. RPM - 7700rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h - 4.1s

Our "BROMBACHER" system has a 70mm tubing and is modular, meaning that the system components have been designed to work together and any one of the three components can not be installed along with the stock components. This is due to the use of 2 3/4" (70mm) tubing which cannot be restricted.

FVD is proud to introduce our newest line of Brombacher exhaust systems. Brombacher exhausts are engineered for the discerning Porsche owner and offer unmatched performance, unparalleled quality, and incredible value. All of our exhausts are manufactured in Germany and are tested comprehensively for flow rate and characteristics, thermal stress, resistance to cracking, and longevity. To further ensure quality, all of our exhaust systems meet the standards of the German independent testing agency TUV; whose quality standards are among some of the strictest in the world.

Brombacher mufflers are 'factory stamped' externally; unlike our competitors systems. This outer shell dampens and eliminates unwanted frequencies and ensures no resonance or drone in the cabin. The end result is a strong, linear, firing-order dominated flat-6 Porsche sound. In addition, Brombacher exhausts systems are available in both stainless steel, or for the ultimate in performance full titanium. Our titanium system's are nearly 40% lighter compared steel and are available for late model, water cooled applications. Each of our exhaust's have been extensively tested on both a chassis and engine dyno as well as logged thousands of miles on both the street and at the track. All this research, development and testing ensures maximum horsepower gains throughout a broad power band; all while maintaining reasonable sound levels for the street and provide a distinct, sporty exhaust note that is purely Porsche.

We strongly suggest replacing worn gaskets and hardware with our pre-packaged installation kits.
Use Part # FVD MK9 970 02

Like all European Vehicles, FVD parts are TUV approved. What is TUV approval you ask? Basically, German-registered road vehicles may not be operated on public roads without a certificate from the TÜV. Also, all modifications must be approved, from installing tires of a different size to materials used in nuts and bolts. TÜV's safety guidelines are among the strictest in the world, and getting a road permit for thoroughly customized vehicles borders on the impossible.
FVD's parts passed these criteria in order to obtain the TÜV stamp of approval:

Corrosion Test - Exterior metal parts (ie exhaust, brakes, rims, etc.) must undergo a HCL (Hydrocloric Acid) bath, which speeds up the corrosion process. This ensures long lasting, highly durable parts which benefit the end consumer.

Extreme Temperature Test - Items are put through -40 degree's Celcius to + 85 degree's Celcius sudden temperature change. This test ensures that material expansion and contraction does not cause cracking or material inconsistency.

Material Analysis - Chemical and Microscopic material analysis is done to determine the correct percentages of Iron, Zinc and many other elements. This also ensures material consistencey and longevity.

Exhaust Temperature Test - Exhaust items are also put through a series of extremely high temperature tests in order to assure the consumer that parts can withstand cracking and splitting. Test temperatures exceed 1,400 degree's Celcius!! For reference normal exhaust gas temperatures are only 800 degree's Celcius.
Attached Images    

Last edited by KCROO; 11-06-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:42 PM
KCROO
Rennlist Member

Still available $3500 obo w/ free US ground shipping
Old 11-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

That is an amazing deal !! That is the most power you can get with exhaust on this car, PERIOD. That system is made by M&M in Germany who is the manufacturer for the boys in Weissach.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Old 11-18-2014, 09:59 PM
KCROO
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
That is an amazing deal !! That is the most power you can get with exhaust on this car, PERIOD. That system is made by M&M in Germany who is the manufacturer for the boys in Weissach.
Hi Rhonda,
We purchased 2 systems from you in 2011. M&M FVD makes highest quality product from Germany. I'm surprised no one jumped on this yet.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:24 PM
SomebodyDial911
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin,

I am interested in your exhaust system. I have a few quick questions:

1) You listing says "for Carrera S," but it is my understanding that this system will fit a 997.2 C2 as well. Is that so?

2) I've been trying to find information on the sound/growl of the "quiet" version that you have listed, but I have only been able to find user reviews/comments on the "sound" version. What can you tell me about how this sounded on your car? Any insight into how it sounds relative to, say, PSE, Fabspeed, or Tubi? I guess what I'm getting at is, how mean does this get? Does "quiet" mean "tame," or does it simply mean that you won't awaken every baby in the neighborhood and be ejected from AX events, etc.?

3) Any issues with the check engine light or other displays? I have gone back and forth on the prospect of getting a full exhaust setup, but have been a little hesitant due to these issues.

4) Did you require an ECU tune to get the full benefit?

5) How many miles do you have on the system?

Thanks for your time! I look forward to your answers. (And, Rhonda, I would be curious to hear of any insight you may have as well!)

Daniel
Old 11-19-2014, 05:36 PM
KCROO
Rennlist Member

Hi Daniel,

1) You listing says "for Carrera S," but it is my understanding that this system will fit a 997.2 C2 as well. Is that so?

Yes, it will work with C2.

Car Type Fit for:
Mod. 997-2
Carrera 4S, 3.8L, 283kW (09-)
Carrera 4, 3.6L, 254kW (09-)
Carrera S, 3.8L, 283kW (09-)
Carrera, 3.6L, 254kW (09-)

2) I've been trying to find information on the sound/growl of the "quiet" version that you have listed, but I have only been able to find user reviews/comments on the "sound" version. What can you tell me about how this sounded on your car? Any insight into how it sounds relative to, say, PSE, Fabspeed, or Tubi? I guess what I'm getting at is, how mean does this get? Does "quiet" mean "tame," or does it simply mean that you won't awaken every baby in the neighborhood and be ejected from AX events, etc.?

It's quiet in the low revs, tame at half throttle and get out the way mean with nice deep tone WOT. I live in a gated neighborhood with small children and it's important to get a system that's not a nuisance. Had Fabspeed x-pipe installed prior and it's night and day in sound and performance is night and day even though it's not a fair comparison. I'll PM you if I find a sound bite.

3) Any issues with the check engine light or other displays? I have gone back and forth on the prospect of getting a full exhaust setup, but have been a little hesitant due to these issues.

Softronic tune was installed prior, so I can't guarantee CEL. Please check with Rhonda. Do yourself a favor and get the full system so you're not left wondering if could extract more power.

4) Did you require an ECU tune to get the full benefit?

ECU will help, but if I was to do it over again it'll be on the bottom of my list. I was left driving stock car for a month after IPD Plenum and FVD exhaust was taken off and it's complete different beast with it.

5) How many miles do you have on the system?

25k. System is in excellent condition with zero issues

Kevin
626-260-4039
Old 11-20-2014, 12:46 AM
SomebodyDial911
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Kevin. I would love to hear a sound clip if you have one.

Cheers,

Daniel
Old 11-20-2014, 07:52 PM
KCROO
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SomebodyDial911

Cheers,

Daniel
Hey Daniel,

I'll have the clip ready for you tomorrow. Thanks
Old 11-22-2014, 04:49 PM
KCROO
Rennlist Member

i apologize for the delay. here is the sound clip from the exhaust

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efc6kbm7c6...4a?n=235308856
Old 11-29-2014, 06:18 PM
KCROO
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SomebodyDial911

Cheers,

Daniel

1st until sold to SomebodyDial911. Another set available in excellent condition.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:40 PM
emtell
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello Kevin,
Based on previous comment you have a second ES 997 202 01S8 available.
Could you please confirm this is correct and provide mileage and condition of the second unit?
Also, I have so far been unable to confirm that the system works with PDK equipped cars, if you have information on this it would be helpful. I am interested.
Thanks,
Michel
Old 12-15-2014, 01:49 PM
KCROO
Rennlist Member

Hi Michel,

The info you requested was sent. Please let if you like to proceed. Thanks

Kevin
626-260-4039

Originally Posted by emtell
Hello Kevin,
Based on previous comment you have a second ES 997 202 01S8 available.
Could you please confirm this is correct and provide mileage and condition of the second unit?
Also, I have so far been unable to confirm that the system works with PDK equipped cars, if you have information on this it would be helpful. I am interested.
Thanks,
Michel
Old 12-19-2014, 02:54 PM
KCROO
Rennlist Member

Sold. Thanks

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher Complete Exhaust System for Carrera S 997.2 DFI