Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1997 Porsche 993 C2S Factory Aerokit coupe, Glacier white/black

Old 04-22-2017, 06:40 PM
palladio
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Year: 1997
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 55000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Glacier White
Price (no $ sign please): $89000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SoCAl
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

The car has sold, pending payment.
Thanks for the all interest here on Rennlist.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:55 PM
Jay777
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

The windows look tinted. Too dark could be a problem here in CT. Any more info on the tint job?
Any chance the car will be coming to the east coast?
Old 04-25-2017, 07:54 PM
palladio
Rennlist Member

Jay, read the previous post.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:13 PM
cwcsvt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you to palladio! Great seller and excited to have such a great car added to the stable. The car will be staying on the west coast and more specifically the Pacific NW. The car is undergoing a few things that I wanted to address by a great tech and then will make its way home! Will get some updated pics when the work is done and add it to a 993 thread. Good day gents!
Old 04-26-2017, 09:30 PM
pnuts
Instructor

I beg to differ about Palladio being a great seller. Agreed to sell me the car Wednesday morning for $88k only to pull back Wednesday evening after all the interests. He then promised me a chance to match the offer but didn't have the courtesy to call me with the opportunity to match it. Sounds like a renn-bayer to me.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:37 PM
cwcsvt
Racer

Default I can only speak for myself

Originally Posted by pnuts
I beg to differ about Palladio being a great seller. Agreed to sell me the car Wednesday morning for $88k only to pull back Wednesday evening after all the interests. He then promised me a chance to match the offer but didn't have the courtesy to call me with the opportunity to match it. Sounds like a renn-bayer to me.

My apologies pnuts, I contacted OP within one hour of his post. I understand he had a lot of interest. I can just say my transaction with him went well. I recently had an issue with a seller myself on another car and worked hard to get a deal done and he finally agreed and then retracted the offer an hour later. I let him know of my disappointment, but respect his right to not sell to me. It is an unfortunate thing in these dealings at times. At the end of the day OP has the option to do as he chooses. My dealings with him were very good.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:26 PM
pnuts
Instructor

cwvsvt, thank you. While I understand you had a nice transaction, I just wanted to express my experience with the seller. I also understand you contacted him first, but all indications from him was that I was the first to present an offer he accepted, verbally and through text messages. We agreed to $88k because he thought the tires needed to be replaced. He even agreed to pick me up from the airport and I would drive the car home.

At the end of the day, it is what it is. I've been burned many times in my quest to add to my collection, but I've also met many stupendous people who stuck to their promises (even with better offers afterwards). I hold NO grudges towards anybody, not you, not the seller. Just expressing my experience and my disappointment. Sellers do what they want, nothing you or I or anybody can do anything about it. Congrats on the car and maybe I'll have another chance at it again in the future.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:04 PM
palladio
Rennlist Member

I had literally dozens of inquiries within 24 hours of listing the car here. I am not a dealer nor do I follow the Porsche market, so I had little info to go on when I priced the car. It seems my original listing was below current market. I had a bunch of offers well over my asking price, including from dealers, and it was a bit crazy. I decided to go with the buyer I felt most comfortable with after a lengthy phone conversation, and I did not go for the highest price I was offered. My intent was to get price I was happy with, while selling the car to a fellow Rennlister and enthusiast. Had I listed it on Autotrader, Ebay, etc., I'm now certain I could have gotten a higher price. If someone is upset with how I handled it, I apologize. It was my car, and until money exchanges hands or a contract is signed, I feel I have a right to sell it to whom I choose.

Thank you CWCVST for a smooth transaction.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:47 PM
tomdimarco
Track Day

@ terrencea I am in ATL as well if you are interested in looking at my 1998 C4S; Room in my price.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...e-911-c4s.html
Old 04-27-2017, 03:09 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

cwvsvt, thank you. While I understand you had a nice transaction, I just wanted to express my experience with the seller. I also understand you contacted him first, but all indications from him was that I was the first to present an offer he accepted, verbally and through text messages. We agreed to $88k because he thought the tires needed to be replaced. He even agreed to pick me up from the airport and I would drive the car home.

At the end of the day, it is what it is. I've been burned many times in my quest to add to my collection, but I've also met many stupendous people who stuck to their promises (even with better offers afterwards). I hold NO grudges towards anybody, not you, not the seller. Just expressing my experience and my disappointment. Sellers do what they want, nothing you or I or anybody can do anything about it. Congrats on the car and maybe I'll have another chance at it again in the future.

feel your pain. i have had verbal deals to buy cars and sell my cars "disappear"

the % people that you can do a deal with that way are shrinking by the day
Old 04-27-2017, 03:15 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

would text message be documentary evidence in court ?
Old 04-27-2017, 03:54 PM
pnuts
Instructor

Originally Posted by ohenryinatlanta
feel your pain. i have had verbal deals to buy cars and sell my cars "disappear"

the % people that you can do a deal with that way are shrinking by the day
ohenryinatlanta,
Can't agree with you more, but don't lose faith in the human race. For every car I missed out on, I can honestly say I gained three from great honest people. I still have all of my cars, haven't sold any yet. Have a great day, gentlemen.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1997 Porsche 993 C2S Factory Aerokit coupe, Glacier white/black