Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2008 911 Turbo 997TT - Manual, Coupe, Aerokit

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 06:29 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts
Default 2008 911 Turbo 997TT - Manual, Coupe, Aerokit

Year: 2008
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 59000
Color: Carrara White
Price (no $ sign please): $70400
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Canada
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

I am listing my 2008 911 Turbo for sale. Funding a crack track addiction with a 987 Cayman S race car I've recently acquired. Looking to take my track hobby to the next level or three this season, therefore I am going to move my 997TT along - hopefully to another enthusiast. Please PM me for questions, VIN number, or contact information.

The asking price is $93,000 Canadian dollars, whether you're Canadian or American. At today's exchange rates, USA buyers are looking at about $70,400 $69,200 (March 6 2019) US dollars to buy $93,000 Canadian dollars. I believe this is a more than fair price that will net a smooth, no hassle transaction for both myself and the buyer.

The car is located in Burlington, Ontario, Canada (45mins west of Toronto) - less than an hour from the USA / Canada borders at Buffalo NY and Niagara Falls NY. Importing to the USA is a breeze, especially if you pay a transport company or broker to do it on your behalf. The duty is simply 2.5% of the purchase price, plus whatever taxes you would pay locally in your state. So USA buyers are looking at ~$72,262 USD to bring this in from Canada. I am happy to assist with transportation logistics, but ultimately the arrangement is up to to the buyer.

The car is available for inspection and PPI at the prospective buyer's expense. Here in the Greater Toronto area we are lucky to have 4 Porsche dealers and a large number of reputable independent and race shops that you can choose from for the PPI process.

Notable options:
  • Factory aerokit car
  • Lots of deviated red stitching
  • Rarely optioned alcantara steering wheel, gear lever, hand brake and seat centers
  • Sport adaptive seats, heated, with painted seat backs
  • Axle differential lock rear
  • Sport Chrono package
  • All red tail lights
Window sticker:

Additional details:
  • 95,000 KM / 59,000 miles
  • I have complete service documentation since new, with no gaps in the service history; can be emailed to prospective buyers for review, along with Blackstone oil analysis reports
  • The car is 100% up to date on all minor and major services, including trans/diff/awd fluid changes, spark plugs, fuel filter, and much more
  • Coolant lines have not been pinned
  • No accidents or stories; clean carfax / carproof
  • Canadian car since new - the speedometer is in KMH but the digital LCD speedometer can be toggled between KMH and MPH
  • I am the 3rd owner and title is in-hand; no loans or liens, and I have owned the car since 2016
  • Summer only car for myself & the two previous owners, never used in the winter months
  • Xpel Ultimate PPF covering entire front bumper, hood, quarter panels, side skirts and in front of rear hips + Opti-Coat Pro covering entire car including BBS wheels
  • The car needs nothing, just turn the key and enjoy
Condition:
  • Exterior: 8.5-9 out of 10; the entire front end is wrapped in Xpel Ultimate PPF, as are the entire side skirts and the front sections of the rear quarter panel hips;
  • The hood has a few small rock chips from before I had the PPF installed
  • The front bumper & side skirts are 100% perfect as I had Pfaff Porsche repaint them prior to taking delivery (to make them perfect, not to fix damage or due to accident...), and immediately had them covered in PPF afterwards
  • No dents, dings or scratches anywhere
  • Interior: 8 out of 10; the bottom outside bolsters have some creasing as you typically see in these cars. All the alcantara on the seats is perfect. Alcantara on the wheel and shifter has minor matting considering they're 11 years old - but still look great
  • Seat backs have a few small chips in them
The car has the following modifications:
  • 19" BBS wheels with 245/35/19 and 325/30/19 Pilot Super Sport tires
  • 30% ceramic window
  • Eibach lowering springs (original springs included with sale)
  • Custom tune by Ultimate Motor Werks (sale includes UMW OBD2 datalogger for flashing the car back to stock if so desired, and to do datalogging, DME readings, etc...)
  • Speedtech 200 cell catted 3" x-pipe with black quad tips
  • Porsche GT2RS intercoolers (purchased new from Porsche, original intercoolers included with sale)
  • RSS adjustable lower control arms, front
  • RSS adjustable toe steer kit, rear
Track history:
  • I took the car to a handful of HPDE weekends in 2018, running in the novice instructed groups
  • I realized I was hooked and bought a 987 Cayman S race car
Current DME Report; Note that the UMW tune increases the rev limiter which means 1's and 2's get arbitrarily collected when running to redline. Please do your due diligence on DME reports and understand that they are not the single most important part of a pre-purchase inspection. They're simply a data point to be considered along with the rest of a thorough PPI process.
  • 1398 operating hours
  • Range 1: 21049 @ 1376 hrs
  • Range 2: 4282 @ 1375 hrs
  • Range 3: 303 @ 1374 hrs
  • Range 4: 16 @ 1368 hrs
  • Range 5: 4 @ 1368 hrs
  • Range 6: 2 @ 1368 hrs
The range five and six values are glitches, and maybe even the 16 ignitions in range four as well. These are insanely small numbers when considering purported engine speed and number of ignitions per revolution; so small that single digit values are typically regarded as a glitch as there would be no way to achieve such a tiny value if the motor was actually spun up that fast. This car has not been mis-shifted into 9,000+ RPM territory, simple as that. Others have also reported phantom single digit values being recorded in the DME, and used the Durametric tool to document that they've been added without any cause. Note that the above values were pulled using my UMW data logging device; values shown on a Durametric or PIWIS could be different (or the same) to what I've listed above (I've read that different devices can show different readings, who knows...)

Photos (all taken at the end of the 2018 season in October right before storage):

Last edited by cstyles; 03-06-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:30 PM
dak125
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Gorgeous car and a real nice deal for US buyers, make a road trip out of it. GLWS
Old 02-20-2019, 01:59 AM
DYSL
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Wow. Killer options....you simply don't see 997.1 TT optioned like this.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:03 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

interesting options.

I have a plain jane regular joe black 2008 turbo with the same mileage. love the car. Great car for the money.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:45 AM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I've received quite a few PM's which I think I've responded to them all this morning. Appreciate the interest.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:00 AM
Dodaleca
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

GLWS - hope to see this gorgeous Aerokit TT go to another Rennlister enthusiast!

Assume it will go quickly and hopefully for what you want to get out of the deal.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:20 AM
Kevin5236
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

AMAZING!!!

Never seen anything like this in .1 TT.

Somebody jump on this ASAP!

Build sheet attached:

GLWS!!!

Old 02-20-2019, 12:56 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevin5236
AMAZING!!!

Never seen anything like this in .1 TT.

Somebody jump on this ASAP!

Build sheet attached:

GLWS!!!

Thanks!

FYI the Porsche digital build sheet is missing most of the Porsche Exclusive options which are shown on the original window sticker, in my original post. Hence why I posted the original window sticker instead of the digital build sheet. Cheers!
Old 02-20-2019, 02:04 PM
Kevin5236
Racer

The original window sticker you posted definitely shows the special interior options on the car which are the coolest options I've seen on a TT.

I wish I had painted seat backs in my TT.

I don't think this will last long, especially given your pricing.

GLWS!
Old 02-20-2019, 02:23 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Letter of compliance for importation into USA from Porsche Cars North America in hand. Drive the car over the border yourself for no costs other than 2.5% duty. The direct line to the CBP vehicle importation information center for all Ontario / NY state border crossings is (716) 843-8348, which will provide all the information you will need.

Last edited by cstyles; 03-06-2019 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:31 PM
puddy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW the new owner will not be disappointed, this is an incredible car inside and out, owner is a solid guy.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:13 PM
willskiGT
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

US buyers will owe 2.5% duty and will need a customs broker and 1 time customs bond to import. Figure around $500 for broker fees, another $500 for the bond. You will also need a letter of conformity from Porsche.

Total cost for a US buyer would be:

$1760 in duty ($70.4k * 2.5%)
$500 customs bond
$500 broker fee
$1000-2000 shipping cost

Could also fly up and drive it back, avoiding the last 3 costs. I find this option to be easier than trying to coordinate activities between broker/shipper/seller.

Nice car!
Old 02-20-2019, 05:22 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Hi everyone, thank you for the positive vibes & feedback.

Last edited by cstyles; 03-06-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:48 PM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

Congratulations to both buyer and seller. This is one heck of a turn key car. Between the interior / mods and those wheels, whats not to love.

And Good Lord, that build sheet! WoW.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:56 PM
Kevin5236
Racer

CONGRATS!!!

Quick Reply: 2008 911 Turbo 997TT - Manual, Coupe, Aerokit