Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

► APEX | 18” SM-10 Porsche Wheel Group Buy - Up to $300 OFF + Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 10:58 AM
03EvoIII
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Vendor Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 987, 996, 997, Cayman, Race Car
Location (Region): West
Item Condition: Brand New

Originally Posted by APEXRaceParts
Common question, and happy to provide a bit more clarity. The short answer is that we have a healthy amount of inventory on the shelves. Participants do not have to wait for wheels to be manufactured

Once the deal officially closes out, it will go into a 48-hour optimization phase. If the deal does not reach the maximum discount tier, participants would use this 48-hour window to go back into the deal to either accept the discount achieved by the group or cancel their order. On the other hand, if a deal reaches the maximum discount tier prior to closing (we are so close to making this happen), the group does not need to take any further action during the optimization phase. The GangUp team will begin to process orders, and the product will begin to ship promptly. Many Group Buy participants will start receiving wheels as early as the week after the Group Buy closes, and unless a stock out situation arises on a particular finish, everyone should receive their shipments by the end of the month.

If a particular finish or fitment sells out, we will notify any remaining Group Buy participants promptly with the choice to wait until more units are available, or to switch to another available finish/fitment.

I hope this answers your questions.

- Ryan
Awesome, thanks for the info Ryan! I was hoping you would say that. Just hoping you have a set of Race Silver in stock after tomorrow with my name on them.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:33 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 618 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacob_Seattle
I am in. Is the best size for a 996TT really:

Front: 18x8.5" ET42
Rear: 18x11" ET36
Thanks so much for joining. "Best size" is subjective and completely dependent on how you plan to use the car, the modifications you may or may not have, tire goals, driving styles etc. If you can tell me a little more information, I can definitely ensure that you are directed towards the best wheel and tire setup for your specific needs.

F: 18x8.5" ET42 - 235/40-18 (or 245/40-18)
R: 18x11" ET36 - 315/30-18 (or 295/30-18)

This staggered fitment is definitely a very popular way to go for enthusiasts enjoying their car on the street or as a double duty weekend/track car. We offer several configurations to ensure we are meeting the diverse needs of our customers.

Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
Awesome, thanks for the info Ryan! I was hoping you would say that. Just hoping you have a set of Race Silver in stock after tomorrow with my name on them.

Website - Blog - Instagram - Porsche Fitment Guides

Old 02-12-2019, 10:08 PM
steved0x
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

I pledged, will run them on my Boxster until i can find a 2009 base Cayman with no tan interior
Old 02-12-2019, 10:52 PM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

34x of us so far, 1 more and we trip the -$300 off!
Old 02-13-2019, 01:03 AM
03EvoIII
Instructor

1 more!! C'mon! 😁
Old 02-13-2019, 12:32 PM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 75 Posts

Congrats on hitting the maximum discount, and speeding up the delivery process!!
Old 02-13-2019, 06:08 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 618 Likes on 394 Posts

You Did it, Max Discount + Free Shipping* Achieved!

You’ve just reached the max discount tier of $300 off + free shipping in the U.S. (discounted international shipping). If you’re still on the fence, you should act now since the maximum discount is a sure thing. The longer you wait, the more likely the color or fitment of your choice could sell out. We've got just under 10 hours left for enthusiasts to join in on the savings, and we encourage you to spread the word on the forums, or to any car buddies that may be interested in the deepest discount offered on our 18" Porsche wheels before the season kicks off.

Originally Posted by Difool
Congrats on hitting the maximum discount, and speeding up the delivery process!!
Old 02-13-2019, 07:32 PM
03EvoIII
Instructor

Awesome!
Old 02-13-2019, 10:10 PM
shft22
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Been traveling just saw this. What would be the best size wheels for a 02 C4S, the car is lowered to GT3 height and GT3 alignment as well.

Love Pacific time, gives me a few extra hours to pledge.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:09 AM
Jacob_Seattle
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 02-14-2019, 09:35 AM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Winners! Looking forward to my new wheels- thanks all who joined
Old 02-15-2019, 03:12 AM
Alanine
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought a set of these in Race Silver during the first batch and have been really pleased with them. The paint finish on them is really nice and it turns out that Race Silver is a perfect match for the OEM Porsche silver center caps (though I found that you must transfer the spring clip that comes with the Apex center caps onto the OEM cap to keep it snug). I love the groove that runs either side of the spokes - very nice detail that is much more apparent in person. Apex were great to deal with throughout. Here's a pic on my 987.2 Cayman, shod in Michelin PS4S.

Name:  Tfqp3CD.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  95.2 KB
Old 02-18-2019, 12:13 PM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Alanine
I bought a set of these in Race Silver during the first batch and have been really pleased with them. The paint finish on them is really nice and it turns out that Race Silver is a perfect match for the OEM Porsche silver center caps (though I found that you must transfer the spring clip that comes with the Apex center caps onto the OEM cap to keep it snug). I love the groove that runs either side of the spokes - very nice detail that is much more apparent in person. Apex were great to deal with throughout. Here's a pic on my 987.2 Cayman, shod in Michelin PS4S.

sharp Cayman and I bet there a few nice roads out amongst those hills- look forward to getting mine installed and getting a few pics in the wild as well.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:16 PM
03EvoIII
Instructor

Has anyone heard yet on availability, shipping, billing, etc.? I haven't received any follow-up since the group buy was closed. Thanks!
Scot
Old 02-18-2019, 06:19 PM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
Has anyone heard yet on availability, shipping, billing, etc.? I haven't received any follow-up since the group buy was closed. Thanks!
Scot
i was charged through Paypal already and thought Insaw end of month for delivery. We’re you not charged yet?

Quick Reply: ► APEX | 18” SM-10 Porsche Wheel Group Buy - Up to $300 OFF + Free Shipping