Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Super Clean, 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo, Fuchs, Sport Seats - stored for past 16 years!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 04:54 PM
'86-951 barnfind
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLD Super Clean, 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo, Fuchs, Sport Seats stored for past 16 years

Year: 1986
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Cont. Porsche Models: 944 Turbo
Mileage (numbers only please): 66400
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Guards Red
Price (no $ sign please): $18750
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Turbo
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

CLEAN and CLEAR Title

If you looking to buy a great car, with low miles, new timing belt, water pump, tires and battery, than this is the PERFECT car for you.

We are selling a super clean, all stock (except Alpine AM/FM/CD stereo), no wrecks, no leaks, no dash cracks, no limited slip 951 with a fiberglass sunroof. Everything on this car works, sunroof, power windows, very cold A/C, power seats, front wipers, headlights and rear wiper. It also has the factory 16” Fuchs wheels with satin lips. If you have any questions please ask away.

The red paint is glossy and has minimal rock chips primarily on front clip below lights and between headlights (see assorted front clip pictures). There is a spot a little smaller than a quarter at the top corner of the hood on the DS where the clear coat is peeled (see picture). Paint was buffed through the paint but not to metal above each door near roof (see two pictures of thin white lines).

The interior shows very well with no dash cracks or rips in the leather. The leather sport seats are still nice and soft and very comfortable. In my opinion the car looks great for being 31 years old which is a testament to how well this car has been cared for.

The current owner bought the car used with 63,578 miles on June 18, 1999 from Wilde Motorcars in Milwaukee (see attached odometer statement). It had previously been owned in IL and MN. Unfortunately he was diagnosed with cancer and died in the summer of 2001.

For the two years he drove the 951 he babied it. With only 66,048 miles on the odometer, and thinking that one of his young girls might want it when they grew up, before he died he had it washed, waxed and stored in a garage underneath a Plushweave California Car Cover. Now that the girls are in college, and neither wants to drive a stick, his widow has asked me to help her sell it.

In April she spent about $4,000 getting it moved to Fischer Motors on a flatbed to have all fluids changed along with installing a new waterpump, timing and balance shaft belts, thermostat, tensioners, battery and filters (see Fischer invoice). They also mounted and balanced 4 new Continental tires (see Tire rack invoice). New hood support lifts were added. The car runs and drive like it was new, and is in excellent condition. Here are the option codes for this car:

C02 Catalytic Converter
L01
158 Radio Blaupunkt "Monterey" 1986 (we do not have the original radio)
395 16" Forged alloy wheels (944/944S/951)
431 Leather steering wheel, 363mm (Not available with airbags)
533 Alarm
650 Detachable roof, electrical
946 Leather front seats with leatherette rear side
Order Type 951 352

What’s Included?
- CLEAR and CLEAN Wisconsin title ready to sign over.
- 1 Porsche ignition key, 2 factory car alarm keys
- Original owner's manual, Alpine stereo manual, 2 Haynes repair manuals, and the case for Alpine stereo detachable faceplate
- Service records dating back to 1999 including what the dealership did prior to sale
- Original floor mats that are in very nice condition.
- Plushweave California Car Cover

How does the car drive?
Car accelerates and shifts into gear smoothly without hesitation or any issues. There are no weird noises or smoke on startup. The car tracks straight down the road and feels very tight in the corners and at highway speeds.

Any flaws?
There are a few rock chips on the car that are typical for a car of this age. The only mechanical fault I am still working on is getting the windshield wiper fluid to spray. The upper motor works and I have yet to test the lower motor for the headlights, so I am thinking maybe the line is clogged. Wipers work fine, but since they are not spraying I wanted to let any potential owners aware of it. I have nothing to hide and a PPI is welcomed.

The most bizarre thing we recently found is that the Carfax report shows a total loss on Nov 17, 1987 by the insurance company for flood damage. This was when the car was only a year old. Since running the report, I have looked beneath the carpeting, behind the dash, behind the radio and I don’t see any signs of flood damage. ALL electrical items work and there are NO signs of rust or corrosion. I am willing to send you any pictures you would like to see to make you comfortable with this. I honestly cannot tell you if this is accurate, but the car has been owned by three people and driven close to 67,000 miles since that date. I WANT TO STATE AGAIN THAT THE TITLE IS CLEAR, NOT SALVAGE, NOT TOTALED.

Dave: PM or email davezuelke@gmail.com or call/text 262-210-6299

THANKS FOR LOOKING!
Attached Images                                                          
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Odometer Statement 06_18_99.pdf (592.7 KB, 201 views)
Tire Rack May 2017 purchase.pdf (835.1 KB, 117 views)
Fischer.pdf (852.6 KB, 116 views)
Carfax.pdf (1.17 MB, 125 views)

Last edited by '86-951 barnfind; 06-26-2017 at 10:25 AM. Reason: SOLD
Old 06-20-2017, 02:58 PM
'86-951 barnfind
5th Gear

Does anyone want to see any other pictures?
Old 06-20-2017, 03:05 PM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 94 Posts

wow time capsule.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:40 PM
Luminator
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I would love to check it out if i was closer. Ironically i grew up in Wind Lake and have been to The Bunker in Waterford. Good luck with the sale .
Old 06-20-2017, 05:06 PM
'86-951 barnfind
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Luminator
I would love to check it out if i was closer. Ironically i grew up in Wind Lake and have been to The Bunker in Waterford. Good luck with the sale .
Luminator, Thanks. It is a beautiful car that just needs to find someone looking for a great 951. Both of my younger boys want me to buy it, but my garage just isn't big enough. Let me know if you think of anyone still in the area that might be interested. We've been in Waterford for 16 years and I've yet to make it into the Bunker. Maybe this will be the summer...
Old 06-21-2017, 11:29 AM
'86-951 barnfind
5th Gear

Originally Posted by 177mph
wow time capsule.
Thanks 177mph! It has been a lot of fun taking it from hiding beneath a cover in a dark garage for 16 years to driving it 35 miles to work and watching heads turn. Someone will truly love to drive this daily!
Old 06-21-2017, 11:52 AM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

A couple things:

1) Those are not sport seats, they are the standard seats

2) The car (or at the very least the hood and portions of the front have been resprayed. The guards red they would have painted the car in 1986 was single stage paint, so it would be impossible for clear coat to be peeling

3) Even if the title is clear the car may only be able to be insured as a salvage car because of the history, I ran into that once in the past with a car with a clear NC title, but based on the history insurance would not insure the car for collision, liability only. Your mileage may vary on that last point.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:06 PM
Vandalizer
Advanced

I work with the seller and have had a chance to look the car over and drive it. It is accurately presented here. It drives great and presents well. I didn't notice anything that would indicate previous water damage. If I could shake the 928 bug, I would be a buyer.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:31 AM
'86-951 barnfind
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Vandalizer
I work with the seller and have had a chance to look the car over and drive it. It is accurately presented here. It drives great and presents well. I didn't notice anything that would indicate previous water damage. If I could shake the 928 bug, I would be a buyer.
Thank you Vandalizer. Let me know if you shake the 928 bug...

Quick Reply: Super Clean, 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo, Fuchs, Sport Seats - stored for past 16 years!