Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2003 996 Cup - World Challenge "Forza" car

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 10:32 AM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 93 Posts
Default 2003 996 Cup - World Challenge "Forza" car

Year: 2003
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 999999
Color: Gold / Blue
VIN: WPOZZZ99Z3S698074
Price (no $ sign please): $79000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

I purchased this car on a whim in August of 2015. The only reason I am selling it is that I have no time to drive it, have a 991 cup car already, and plan on building another car.

Here is a brief history of the car. Owned and campaigned by Mike Fitzgerald in 2003 and/or 2004 in World Challenge series. One of the original cars that Microsoft used in Forza. At some point after the car was retired from pro use, it was purchased and raced in PCA by a gentleman named Forrest Bowen. During his ownership (and mine) the car has been serviced by Autometrics.

At some point in 2011 or 2012, the engine let go and the prior owner decided to park the car (less engine/ecu) in a barn, where is sat for a few years before I bought it without engine/ecu in August 2015.

TO my knowledge (and to prior owners) the car has never been in a serious incident and all body panels are in good shape. The front bumper has been repaired due to the splitter pulling apart the plastic support.

The car was taken to Autometrics for restoration and to get track worthy. We sourced a 3.6 engine from another rennlister (Analogman) and installed it. As you can imagine, quite a bit of work went into bringing the car back. Here is a short list of work done, and all receipts from Autometrics can be provided:

- The transmission was rebuilt (Autometrics)
- a brand new Bosch Motorsports ECU with custom tuning
- recharged and tested fire system
- new fuel tank (OEM fuel cell was bad and replaced with stock tank)
- new ignition coils
- new brake pads all around (this car has huge endurance brebmo brakes not stock cup brakes)
- new battery and battery kill switch
- new throttle cables
- new 02 Sensors
- new air jacks
- new clutch master cyl
- new OMP HTE-R Seat and new harnesses
- transmission refresh (8-9k)
- rebuilt JRZ shocks
- new fuel pump

Again, full receipts can be provided from Autometrics.

Regarding the engine, it is a 3.6L that was originally built as an engine for the former Farnbacher Loles team. It is not the original super high compression World Challenge motor. I think we have a dyno reading from Autometrics but will have to find out. Not sure of hours on engine you are welcome to have them perform a leakdown.

I can tell you that the first time we had it on the track for testing at VIR, the car ran a low 1:57 with Cory driving and I did a 57.7 later in the day. This is probably a mid to high 1:56 car at VIR, to put the performance into perspective.

This is a car for someone that wants a manual gearbox car with a bit of unique history at a reasonable price. It could be a platform for a GTC3 car but not without some work.

I do not have other photos of the car but could arrange to get some as needed. Car will come with 2 sets of wheels (one on the car) and they are BBS one piece magnesium wheels which are super light and (were and probably still are) expensive.

Please contact me via email (not PM) at christianbrown - at - carolina dot rr dot com for more information.
Attached Images  
Old 10-20-2016, 04:43 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

Great car for future vintage racing with HSR, etc!!!!
Old 10-23-2016, 03:00 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Man, what am I doing lurking around here
Old 10-24-2016, 11:53 AM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
Man, what am I doing lurking around here
Exactly! Me too