Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2001 911 Turbo RUF RTurbo Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 08:50 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Year: 2001
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 49300
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Bugatti Strong Blue
VIN: WP0AB29991S685679
Price (no $ sign please): $72000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Originally Posted by melman911
You know the engine hasn't been done like everyone else. But you have to get your shots in..... Nice
Didn't know it wasn't a real conversion. The ad is very confusing when you are trying to decipher if it's real or not. Though, I do admit it reminded me of 911-AL's ad of his non-conversion "RUF" conversion.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:16 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haters are gonna hate and bring down the car no matter what because they think it makes them feel good or something. The car is exactly they way I have decribed it (even with the car fax issue). The car is a one of paint to sample Bugatti Strong Blue (I challenge someone to find another) It is a RUF conversion without the ECU and Turbos. Some RUF cars have the engine mods without the other parts yet claim to be a full conversion. It has RUF parts on it that are rare and hard to find. The car is nothing short of awesome and is priced accordingly. My thanks to all that have wished GLWS I appreciate that. I have been on this forum for a while and have had several cars that bought and sold on Rennlist.

Last edited by SA Mike; 05-29-2016 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:20 AM
911-AL
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by niche
Didn't know it wasn't a real conversion. The ad is very confusing when you are trying to decipher if it's real or not. Though, I do admit it reminded me of 911-AL's ad of his non-conversion "RUF" conversion.
Niche,

You are and have always been an elitist who has chimed in on any thread of people with RUF parts in an attempt to posture. As I have tought you in the past, there are two types of these cars, the first is a RUF vin, the second is a Porsche Vin with afternarket parts, in this case RUF parts were used tastefully. You think because you bought your parts with extra markup and someone gave you an extra piece of paper that you are special?

Fact is that you can call RUF and they will sell you the power kits via mail.

That is all, you and your feeble minded friends are pathetic.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:35 AM
NYC123
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If my memory is correct I think I bot a 91 Turbo in polar silver from the OP in this thread and the car was great exactly as described.

Very nice blue turbo for sale GLWS.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:46 AM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

guys, the issue is its listed as a RUF conversion, if its a RUF conversion than RUF built the car and has a RUF vin, period. Otherwise its a car that someone added RUF parts which is what Al says above.

a RUF conversion is worth a lot more money than a car that someone tastefully added RUF parts

Great looking car, however the ad title is very misleading, its not a RUF conversion.

GLWS and by the way, I am by NO means a "hater"
Old 05-30-2016, 11:30 AM
911-AL
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChristianR
guys, the issue is its listed as a RUF conversion, if its a RUF conversion than RUF built the car and has a RUF vin, period. Otherwise its a car that someone added RUF parts which is what Al says above.

a RUF conversion is worth a lot more money than a car that someone tastefully added RUF parts

Great looking car, however the ad title is very misleading, its not a RUF conversion.

GLWS and by the way, I am by NO means a "hater"
I disagree. Niche chimed in because he has napoleon complex and does not own a vin car. He thinks his car us a "conversion". You must be part of his ankle biting posse?

He was out one day trolling sale threads seeing whose parade he could dim a bit. What a joke.

I actually see it more black and white. A RUF vin is not a conversion but should be referred to as a "vin car". The buyers that pay RUF a high multiple of what Porsche buyers pay deserve this distinction.

This specific Porsche was customized with RUF and stands apart from the rest in quality and design. It's also a one of one paint to sample versus the typical paint to sample which is a redo of something that Porsche has used on the past.

Label wise there is no untruth using the conversion word. You guys are welcome to actually earn the stays you seem by calling RUF and dropping a half million and hope that they will accept you AARP discounts.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:15 PM
niche
Drifting

Not an elitist or hater. Just pointing out what should be easily discernable in a for sale ad. Ruf accessories do not make a Ruf conversion. Seems intentionally miss leading. A Ruf doesn't need a single ruf badge to be considered a Ruf. All it needs is the engine conversion by Ruf.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:31 PM
911-AL
Rennlist Member

Not an elitist or hater. Just pointing out what should be easily discernable in a for sale ad. Ruf accessories do not make a Ruf conversion. Seems intentionally miss leading. A Ruf doesn't need a single ruf badge to be considered a Ruf. All it needs is the engine conversion by Ruf.
You are actually. You should copy and paste your definition and put it on wikipedia because it is based on zero fact. It is made up internet folk lore.

Call RUF, they will sell you two things. Cars with VINs or PARTS. You have parts. I feel sorry for you niche. GTFO
Old 05-30-2016, 12:57 PM
niche
Drifting

Arguing here is pointless. Anyone interested in a supposed Ruf should call or email Claudia Mueller at Ruf Germany. They have all real conversions and vin cars on file.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:11 PM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by 911-AL
I disagree. Niche chimed in because he has napoleon complex and does not own a vin car. He thinks his car us a "conversion". You must be part of his ankle biting posse?

really dunno how you are comparing me with Niche, pretty silly. All i said is its misleading to a novice, Like i said, very nice car but the add shouldn't say RUF Conversion even if a RUF dealer applied the parts, if it was a RUF conversion it would also have a RUF vin. Plain and simple.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:05 PM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You have someone here who is trying to sell a car. Who doesn't garage POS cars. I've been a member on here since 06 and have seen lots of cars on here that I disagree with one way or another. Out of respect for other members unless it's a compliment I don't comment. The OP has had several calls in this car. I challenge anyone of them to come foward and say that he has misled them on what this car is. He is just not that type if person. People like Niche (and his buddies) love this. It's a shame.

P.S. Go to the Ruf thread on the 993 turbo page. Most of these people are claiming Ruf conversions and 99% do not have Ruf VINs.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:27 PM
niche
Drifting

Dear sweet baby jesus! This has nothing to do with whether the car is a Ruf Vin or a Ruf conversion. This has to do with the title of this post being:

"2001 911 Turbo RUF RTurbo Conversion"

It is NOT an RTurbo conversion. I've been a rennlister for over 10 years and I love this site as well as made a lot of great friends on here. If I see a red flag I'm going to point it out.
The car is beautiful and may be worth the asking price on its own merit. But to say it's something it isn't is just misleading and wrong. If you don't want to be called out on your B.S. you can post on Pelican or moderators here can make it impossible to comment and let this place become just like every other website. I sure hope the OP is just misinformed.... I know others here know full well and word their ad accordingly.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:42 PM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Dear sweet baby jesus! This has nothing to do with whether the car is a Ruf Vin or a Ruf conversion. This has to do with the title of this post being:

"2001 911 Turbo RUF RTurbo Conversion"

It is NOT an RTurbo conversion. I've been a rennlister for over 10 years and I love this site as well as made a lot of great friends on here. If I see a red flag I'm going to point it out.
The car is beautiful and may be worth the asking price on its own merit. But to say it's something it isn't is just misleading and wrong. If you don't want to be called out on your B.S. you can post on Pelican or moderators here can make it impossible to comment and let this place become just like every other website. I sure hope the OP is just misinformed.... I know others here know full well and word their ad accordingly.
Ok this my last post on this. What is a true conversion? Just engine mods? What does a true conversion that comes out of Ruf in Germany look like? Is it just a car that has the Ruf engine mod with nothing else. Just the turbos and ECU? Do you think Ruf is going to call a car that comes out of their factory with just those two items a true conversion? My guess is no. Yet you have people on this site that have just those two (and no other Ruf mods) calling their cars full conversions. You are making your own assessment of what a true conversion is and stating it as fact. Jesus has nothing to do with it.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:49 PM
niche
Drifting

What is a true conversion? Just engine mods?
Yes. With paperwork from RUF documenting the work was full engine RUF specs. That's all you need. Anyone can call RUF pfaffenhausen and confirm. It's not complicated. Many if not most RUF cars are completely stock looking Porsches. Many owners like having sleepers.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:58 PM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Yes. With paperwork from RUF documenting the work was full engine RUF specs. That's all you need. Anyone can call RUF pfaffenhausen and confirm. It's not complicated. Many if not most RUF cars are completely stock looking Porsches. Many owners like having sleepers.
Ok I lied. Lol. Your wrong. The paper work just confirms they did the work. How about fuel lines, intake etc. Have you ever talked to Ruf? Their conversions go beyond turbos and ECUs. What you just agreed to as a full engine conversion. Lol. I can't believe I'm getting caught up in your misguided opinion.

Quick Reply: 2001 911 Turbo RUF RTurbo Conversion