Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory 2016 Cayman GT4 - Just Arrived! Full Bucket Seats!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 09:44 PM
X2Board
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Mileage (numbers only please): 13
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Carrera White Metallic
VIN: WP0AC2A82GK191351
Price (no $ sign please): $121300
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

SMH! That price is going to cost you more than the markup, in the long run. But, somewhere out there, is someone with more money than sense, so good luck with the sale. I'm pretty sure your dealership does not need my money.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSinghJDPorsche
Cold feet, we were originally selling the vehicle at MSRP, and due to certain circumstances the customer had to withdraw from the purchase.
Just sell it for MSRP Ahole. It it was so hot you would have a lineup of buyers.
P.S. I'm sure you kept his deposit too so this is even more a douchebag move on your part to charge over MSRP.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:26 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Maybe you can relay a message to Mike or John Daniels since you are the messenger.

Earn our business by being fair in pricing and it will pay dividends in the long run. Too many dealers in the NYNJ Metro area to chose from. Some are taking advantage of the demand and marking up the pricing big time.

Mike and John can do what they want but $20K over MSRP is simply wrong in my book and leaves a pretty sour taste in my mouth for Jack Daniels Porsche.

Agreed - pretty myopic to mark up a car $20K.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:30 PM
Cream
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on avoiding this dealer moving forward.. At least give us some pictures to Cream over
Old 02-17-2016, 10:35 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Funny how no one comes to defend this dealer however there are plenty of other dealers on here doing the same crap but heaven for bid you speak poorly about their price gouging.

Double standards are hilarious.

Either all dealers charging over MSRP are stealers or not. Just because you have been on this forum forever it gives you the right to gouge without ridicule but if you are a new dealer you are not allowed.

Personally put them all on the stealership list and don't buy anything from any of them and they won't be able to sell higher than MSRP.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:54 PM
GSinghJDPorsche
Banned

The current market will dictate the pricing of the vehicles, and if there's a drop in pricing we will adjust the price accordingly. I will undoubtedly bring everyone's thoughts and opinions on this subject matter to upper management. It's hard to defend myself as everyone has some valid points.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:10 PM
beachwooddave
AutoX

Default Interesting

The market surely dictates used car prices? New car prices are listed on the MSRP sheet... no? In certain places, Europe...cough cough...it is illegal to do what you are doing on a new car. I get that you need to make a few bucks, no one on here will begrudge you that. You should have listed it as a used car and you would not be getting pounded the way you are currently. Some companies cant sell a new car at over MSRP...the way it should be. Good luck. You will sell the car. The rennlist market will probably find you a buyer but the majority of true Porsche enthusiasts will never touch your dealer again. Gaining one sale while losing 20. The end.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:20 PM
Coupe31
Rennlist Member

All this BS is why I gave up on buying a limited release Porsche and put a deposit on a BMW M2 @ MSRP
Old 02-17-2016, 11:28 PM
Carsly
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

short term gain, long term loss.

I live in NJ and I'll never take my 996 Turbo to Jack Daniels for service and don't expect a call when I'm ready to replace it. Will recommend the same to everyone I know.

Just business, I'm sure you understand.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:47 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 593 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by GSinghJDPorsche
Hello Rennlisters...The story behind this vehicle is that the customer had cold feet, and decided to pass on the vehicle.

Original Price: $101,300
Asking Price: $121,300

Looks like our friend GSinghJDPorsche has heard enough.

Personally, I do not begrudge anyone (dealer or otherwise) for asking or selling for whatever price will clear the market. Nor do I believe that MSRP is sacrosanct. After all, (1) the "S" stands for suggested and (2) the last time you bought a car below MSRP did you raise a similar stink about it? I doubt it.

What I do find outrageous about this post and sale ad is the incredulity of it. Even if the customer "got cold feet" are you saying that you had no other customers on your "list" who paid a deposit and were willing to take the car at MSRP (likely the price at which they understood or agreed to buy the car on which they placed a deposit), especially given the increasing likelihood that new GT4 allocations are scarce and may dry up?

Ask whatever price you want...but also honor your list, or don't bother creating one in the first place.

...On a slightly different take on this topic, the Internet has changed many things, mostly for the better, but one thing it's changed dramatically is to shrink the entire country such that anyone can source goods from anywhere and prices become more transparent. No doubt there was a time when your local Porsche dealer cared about developing relationships with local clientele; too bad it doesn't appear to be the case anymore, at least with some dealers.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:31 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 135 Posts

Buyer of a 991 gt3 backed out of the order from a tristate porsche dealership. The person who ordered it introduced me to the dealer that then sold it to me at msrp. That is a classy move and the dealer is on my good dealer list.

You should offer the car to the next person on your list for msrp. And if you don't have a list, then perhaps demand isn't as high as you think, in which case it should be sold at msrp (or less).
Old 02-18-2016, 03:41 AM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Jesus, what a mob.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:42 AM
Yellowbyrd
Advanced

Originally Posted by maroli
Jesus, what a mob.
Jesus also threw the moneychangers out of the temple.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by maroli
Jesus, what a mob.
Jesus has a Lambo and a GT3 he passed on the GT4 , too gay
Old 02-18-2016, 08:01 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

I'm so outraged that I'll stop drinking Jack Daniels whiskey in protest.

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory 2016 Cayman GT4 - Just Arrived! Full Bucket Seats!