Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2012 Volvo C30 R-Design with Low Miles - Custom Configured - Orlando, FL

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 03:20 PM
DMage
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Volvo C30 R-Design with Low Miles - Custom Configured - Orlando, FL

Year: 2012
Make: Volvo
Model: C30
Mileage (numbers only please): 20500
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Titanium Gray Metallic
VIN: YV1672MK8C2271372
Price (no $ sign please): $21000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

About:

Year: 2012
Make: Volvo
Model: C30
Sub-Model: R-Design
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual
Miles: 20,500
Interior Color: R-Design Off-black
Exterior Color: Titanium Gray Metallic
VIN: YV1672MK8C2271372
Warranty: Until Sept 2016 or 60,000 Miles
Asking price: $21,000

You can reach me via PM or via email @ dgrozio (at) gmail.com with any questions, additional picture requests, etc.

Asking price is of course open to offers. Car is listed in multiple locations and may be unavailable at any time. Local sale preferred, will assist with arranging shipping if needed. Shipping is at buyer’s expense. Cash, wire transfer, or verifiable bank loan check only.

As I dislike car listings that only include 2 pictures and four lines of text, I have included as much information as possible below. I have also been told I am highly critical when I sell cars and fail to properly convey in how good of shape they are in. With that said I’d rather a buyer be happier with the car when they see it than disappointed that something was left out.

Details:

This was my first ever brand-new car purchase that my wife and I completed via overseas delivery. However, due to a mix-up in the factory, the original car was built wrong (with a comfort chassis rather than sport). Since my delivery date was set and tickets purchased, we ended up going to Gothenburg and the car wasn’t there for delivery – they gave us a loaner to use. Instead the car was delivered directly to me stateside and not used or driven in Europe.

Since the car was purchased via overseas delivery, it has custom options not available via the ‘packages’ sold by Volvo US.

The car contains the following options:
• Air Quality System
• Automatically Dimmed Mirror
• Blind Spot Information System (BLIS)
• Power Foldable Door Mirrors
• Electronic Climate Control
• Homelink Remote Control
• Humidity Sensor
• Keyless Drive
• Load Cover (Hard)
• Electronic Glass Sunroof
• Rain Sensor
• Active Bending Lights
• Headlamp Cleaning
• Laminated Side Door Glass (for noise insulation & safety)
• Premium Sound Audio System
• Sirius XML Satellite Radio
• Disconnected Daytime Running Lights

As you can see, there are some variances from the US packages if you have been shopping for C30’s. Specifically, the car does not come with power seats (I found rear access was slow with them and the manual seats were easy to use), nor does it come with the navigation built in (system was outdated in 2012, smartphones are easier to use), and the DRLs were disabled at the factory.

Additional aftermarket modifications I’ve made to the car are:
• Bell Upgraded Intercooler
• Eurosport Tuning High Flow Cat / Downpipe
• Elevate Upgraded Engine Mount
• Elevate Stage 2 Tune (93 octane)
• Elevate Rear Sway Bar
• CURT Trailer Hitch 1 ¼”
• 4-pin Trailer Light Adapter
• Debadged C30 from trunk
• Window tinting, 3M ceramic 25 percent sides and rear
• Added Covercraft custom fit windshield shade
• Added OEM C30 door sill protectors
• Added OEM drivers side sunglass holder
• Added OEM C30 branded trunk carpet

All mods were done with the intent to keep the car as close to OEM as possible while improving upon performance, handling, or functionality. The downpipe and high flow cat add a nice gurgle to the exhaust when idle but cause no additional in cabin noise or drone at any speed. Along with the larger intercooler the tune brings out additional horsepower and torque from the engine. The rear sway bar plants the back end better for cornering, and the engine mount provides better shift feel. The trailer hitch was added to tow a small boat (total of 12 times towing 2-3 miles max) and can be useful for anyone with a bike rack or other small tow needs.

The car is in excellent condition. The car has low miles for its age due to lack of use, I was moved to a job where I work at home 3 of the 5 days out of the week, so it’s only used twice a week on average unless I also use it for the weekends if I am not in the family (read: minivan) car. The car has always been garaged or protected (carport) when at home. When driven to work (or for pleasure) the sunscreen is always used regardless of season, and the car is parked far away from any other vehicle (I am one of those parkers). This has resulted in zero door dings anywhere on the car.

The car came with the Volvo Safe & Sound 5 year / 60k mile warranty plus service. All service has been done at The Volvo Store of Winter Park. I have documented receipts for all service completed. In addition to standard maintenance service, the car also went in for warranty repair on the following:
• Rear control arms due to alignment camber, replaced with tech bulletin parts
• Sunroof stuck open, motor replaced due to binding
• Front bearings replaced and upgraded bracket installed, due to bearing shifting causing a sensor issue

The car has its last 60k mile Safe & Sound service remaining. I am not sure if this transfers to the new owner but I will gladly take it in for service prior to sale if needed. In addition, the OEM Volvo battery gave up last month and was replaced with a Bosch AGM replacement from PepBoys that has a four year pro-rated warranty.

Warranty on the car is good until Sept 2016 or 60k miles, whichever comes first. Carfax reports incorrectly that the warranty expired, it has not. When I purchased the car via overseas delivery the warranty period was 5 years/60k miles, after the mix-up when they built a second car they changed it to 5 years/50k miles. That has since been corrected with Volvo to reflect the correct (5/60) warranty. For some reason Carfax lists the warranty as 4/50 which is incorrect.

The car has never been in any sort of accident or had any body shop repair work done. I have a copy of the Carfax available upon request.

The car also has a toll pass and parking sticker on the windshield that will be removed prior to sale.

Exterior condition:

I have always cared for the paint by hand myself. The car, with the exception of its delivery detail, has never been through an automatic car wash nor has been washed by the dealer. When washed I use only microfiber products and the two bucket method.

Car products used include:
• Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (yearly)
• Collinite Carnuba Wax #845 (every 4 months)
• Detailers Pro Waterless Wash
• Detailers Pro Wheel Glaze
• Detailers Pro Gloss Tire Gel
• Invisible Glass & Invisible Glass w/Rain-X (for exterior windows)

This, and the garage/carport parking of the car has the paint and plastics in very good condition with no heavy swirl marks to speak of in the darker paint. See several close paint photos below.

Rims are in excellent shape, never curbed. See photos below for each.

Exterior blemishes to call out are: 1) Truck tire chunk hit front bumper to the right of the passenger headlight, mark has been touched up with Volvo OEM touch up paint but is obvious when up close. 2) Rock chip at the top edge of the windshield that is barely obvious unless you are looking for it and due to its location not visible from the inside. 3) Rear hatch tint has two small spots where the tint was clipped and removed. All photos below. 4) Road rash on lower passenger side of bumper.

Interior condition:

Like the exterior care, the interior has been well cared for also. It has been cleaned with microfiber cloths and light water or Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Cleaner, I have never used armor-all or other greasy product.

Carpets, dash, and seats are in excellent condition, no rips, tears, etc. Wear is extremely light on the seating surfaces. Car seats have been present in the back of the car over seat protectors, and LATCH straps have been padded from the interior with black cloth. The seat back reachable by my son has been protected with Volvo OEM seatback protector (included if requested).

Seats will have a slight indentation from child seats that will come out naturally over time and as the car interior is heated up. Pictures do not depict headrests (removed for safety reasons with car seats) but both will be included and have been stored inside protected.

Rear trunk trailer wiring has been added to the hatch area and is stored under the spare tire cover. Trailer wiring is sheathed in a black microfiber cloth so as to when it is in use hanging over the bumper no paint damage will result from rubbing.

Interior blemishes to call out are: 1) Small mark in center console decorative surround located in the rear seat drivers side area.

Photos:

Many more photos at: https://flic.kr/s/aHskszzwGu

Additional Info (after initial post):

• Title is free & clear, no liens
• Car has spent its entire life in Florida, never been exposed to snow or salt
• No accidents

Last edited by DMage; 01-14-2016 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:32 PM
carnahanbb
Instructor

You aren't by any chance interested in trades are you?

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-or-trade.html
Old 01-18-2016, 11:15 PM
DMage
AutoX

Originally Posted by carnahanbb
You aren't by any chance interested in trades are you?

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-or-trade.html
Thanks for the offer, and beautiful car you have there, but I already have a replacement "family car" on order.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:42 AM
carnahanbb
Instructor

Thank you and same to you! I completely understand. Best of luck, I've always had a soft spot for C30s.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:41 PM
BoulderGeek
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, that's sexy. The C30 is a really nice utility compact, and the cabin feels like it has the same amount of room as my V70. Only that you can't stretch out to sleep in the back. :-)

I would vastly prefer this to a Mazdapseed 3 or Golf GTI/r32. Super cool.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:44 PM
DMage
AutoX

Originally Posted by BoulderGeek
Wow, that's sexy. The C30 is a really nice utility compact, and the cabin feels like it has the same amount of room as my V70. Only that you can't stretch out to sleep in the back. :-)

I would vastly prefer this to a Mazdapseed 3 or Golf GTI/r32. Super cool.
Thanks. Cross shopped both of those and just fell in love with the Volvo. The inline 5 cylinder just sounds lovely and the C30 has a very nice interior like the V70.

Last edited by DMage; 01-19-2016 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:20 AM
DMage
AutoX

About one week left before I trade it in if anyone is interested!

Quick Reply: 2012 Volvo C30 R-Design with Low Miles - Custom Configured - Orlando, FL