Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 911 GT3RS 9 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 08:58 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: Race Cars
Mileage (numbers only please): 9
Color: GT Silver Metallic
Price (no $ sign please): $308000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH
These are still being offered by other dealers for $120k to $130k over.
I hate rentiers and artificial scarcity as much as the next guy, but to be fair to the man, the above does seem to be the case, which makes this look like not a bad deal.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:36 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
I hate rentiers and artificial scarcity as much as the next guy, but to be fair to the man, the above does seem to be the case, which makes this look like not a bad deal.
Yes, I agree.

I see the "everyone does the wrong thing and is screwing everyone anyway, so now that makes it OK" mentality all the time, from the front pages of the news to how people drive around town.

Two wrongs may not make a right, but two hundred million wrongs make up a modern culture.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:39 PM
TTKan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is like the movie Ground Hog Day. A dealer or individual has a car that is in very high demand. In fact, the car is in such high demand that at the MSRP demand significantly outstrips supply. The natural market response is an increase in the price to align demand with available supply. Personally, I don't see a problem. Keep the ads coming and ask what you think the market will bear!! The market will surely tell you if you are wrong . . . the car will not sell at that price. That is the beginning and the end of the story.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:43 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
My question is indirectly aimed at the above ad. How can a dealer sell a car for $100K over sticker? I understand that they usually have shill buyers that they buy the most desirable cars for and then quickly sell them as used vehicles. But isn't this a bit over the top with only 9 miles on it? I know that PCNA can care less but they are quickly becoming the new douche'y Ferrari.
READ. They bought it on the open market from another person.

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
True. I have a person I setup their travel on a euro delivery that turned down $350k cold..pretty damn strong IMO.

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Yes, I agree.

I see the "everyone does the wrong thing and is screwing everyone anyway, so now that makes it OK" mentality all the time, from the front pages of the news to how people drive around town.

Two wrongs may not make a right, but two hundred million wrongs make up a modern culture.
No one is getting screwed. This is not some shady dealer scamming someone. They are offering a new car at a price. Sorry if $100k makes a difference in your world like it does mine.. in some ppl worlds $100k is a rounding error or ATM change.

Listen guys- I think this is all guys. I tried to get a RS they aren't out there am I on the VIP list - **** yeah.. just like a hot elmo doll or new xbox the MARKET sets the price not the seller. Everyone on here instantly jumps on someone if a good deal comes up below MARKET! I really question how some of you (not specifically you just complainers in general about free mkts) made it all the way to Porsche cars and bitch and complain about a supply/ demand issue causing increases in mkt pricing. Of course if you all wore scrubs and had debt to your eye ***** I'd understand.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:02 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

The dealer here paid a premium as well. Adding their margin as well.

They're asking market value OBO. The free market will speak.

Assume for arguments sake, they sold it to the first guy at MSRP. You'd see it listed here the day after at the same mark up!! They're not a charity here.

The problem is Porsche, not the dealers...

Let the sponsors list in peace. Want to vent, there's some good discussion here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-issue-10.html
Old 10-09-2015, 11:11 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Any track usage??

Pampered 9 miles I hope?
Old 10-09-2015, 11:30 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

german saint is onto something. i have several friends who paid over, SUBSTANTIALLY (how do i make the font 100x bigger?) over. unfortunately i am not in that position but i have clients that 100k is smaller than his margin rounding error. they often just buy stuff. sometimes, they forget that they bought an RS and buy another then both show up...

oh, you think i am joking.....

move to silicon valley and you will understand.....
Old 10-09-2015, 11:33 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991

The problem is Porsche, not the dealers...
Amen
Old 10-10-2015, 12:09 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's nice to have it and ppl want it vs having it and being able to go get another tomorrow anywhere.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:13 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Amen
So it's Porsches fault that one of their dealers is selling a car for $100K over MSRP? Interesting. I don't care about the $ amount. If I wanted one I'd buy it. Am I a billionaire, no but if I wanted it I'd buy it, but not for $100K over. Silly is silly in my eyes. Look at the air cooled market, people wouldn't pay $hit for those cars just a few years ago. Now they'll fight each other to see who's willing to pay the most. It's the principle. I'm looking for a 997.2 RS but not for $250K...
Old 10-10-2015, 12:24 AM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i have clients that 100k is smaller than his margin rounding error. they often just buy stuff. sometimes, they forget that they bought an RS and buy another then both show up...

oh, you think i am joking.....

move to silicon valley and you will understand.....
I live in Silicon Valley (even before there was one) for forty years, and all I can afford is a GTS….. but my house is paid off!
Old 10-10-2015, 12:54 AM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

On one hand you have to love the free market, but on the other, there is something distinctly uncomfortable about a dealer adding a huge markup. There just is..
Old 10-10-2015, 01:00 AM
brian0473
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a free market economy guys. It sounds like these guys also paid over MSRP to acquire the car and who here wouldn't sell their car for as much as they could?? Someday most of you will sell your Porsche's too...and want as much as you can get for them. Probably more than some people think they're worth. Just sayin.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:21 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So it's Porsches fault that one of their dealers is selling a car for $100K over MSRP? Interesting. I don't care about the $ amount. If I wanted one I'd buy it. Am I a billionaire, no but if I wanted it I'd buy it, but not for $100K over. Silly is silly in my eyes. Look at the air cooled market, people wouldn't pay $hit for those cars just a few years ago. Now they'll fight each other to see who's willing to pay the most. It's the principle. I'm looking for a 997.2 RS but not for $250K...
Very nice 993 in your picture. Is that yours ? I'm not fond of 993's but tell you what. Sell me your 993, 1/3 BELOW market value, and the price has to be BELOW original MSRP for a "used" 20 year old car and i'll wire tomorrow. 20k sound fair ?
Old 10-10-2015, 01:36 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

i am with you on principal but ....

it took me over 10 years to buy a house. not b/c i didn't have moeny but b/c my principal was that if asking is x, i will only pay X-y. i needed to haggle. everyone else here pays over asking some times 25-35% over asking (and that's not a small amount when a 3 bed room 2000sf home is $1.75MM, btw that's the cheap part of town. my place is smaller than that, i park my car in the bed room and sleep in the car b/c bed wont fit) oh and they sell in a month or less. with that principal i was homeless for a decade. i only got my wish b/c mkt tanked in 08, so i paid asking instead of over.

i am not saying paying over is smart. but sometimes, the environment forces you to do things....

Originally Posted by Rick-A-Shay
I live in Silicon Valley (even before there was one) for forty years, and all I can afford is a GTS….. but my house is paid off!
you and i are a bit too mature for FB, GOOG and such.... ti's the young bucks who makes $3MM a year eating hot pockets and doing whatever it is GOOG and FB do.

Quick Reply: 2016 911 GT3RS 9 Miles