Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 CAYMAN GT4 AVAILABLE SOLD

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 09:37 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Mileage (numbers only please): 20
Color: White
Price (no $ sign please): $104425
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Ok you two, relax and take it offline. If it had bucket seats and I already didn't have one coming my way, I'd be all over this car like a wet blanket. Good luck with the sale.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:41 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Whoa, sorry fellas. Didn't mean to start a flame war.

Is the dealer allowed to price gouge? Absolutely. Is a guy allowed to sell bottled water for $100 per after a hurricane disrupts potable water in the area? Sure. But both are unfair practices that speak to character.

MSRP stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. A car sold at that price not only includes a healthy profit for any dealer, but is the price the maker suggest it be sold at fair market value. The key word there is fair. Any more and it's unfair value.

I'm sure if you were having a kidney stone, at that moment of intense pain, the doctor could charge you $20,000 for that $10 shot of morphine and you would pay it to get rid of that pain. Does that make him a good business man just reflecting the market and good capitalism?

There is a reason car dealers are burdened with a low reputation, one reason is because some engage in price gouging. Some, like myself, frown on that business practice, because it's unfair to the buyer.

And guess what, we can all post here all we want. Telling others to SFTU will not work, so the opinions will fly, especially when the subject is price gouging by a car dealer. Opinions on price are no poorer etiquette than price gouging.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:42 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Are you even a buyer? Offer $94 then. Use the proper forum. Not here. Your opinion on price is irrelevant. No one cares. No one asked you.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Why do you even care? Are you the guy selling the car? Whether I'm a buyer or not is none of your business. The guy clearly stated he wants $10k above price. what did not set right with me was you telling someone to stfu...when all he stated was his opinion...not very cool
Old 07-27-2015, 09:47 PM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CAA
Why not offer it to a loyal / repeat customer at (God forbid) msrp?
^this. i'm sure they had a big list of people who wanted to get an allocation. would be nice if they sorted out one of those people.

that said, i'm somewhat glad to see this because when i realized i wasn't going to get on a list for a GT4 at MSRP and i started doing the math on what a dealer might charge for one, i figured it would be around this price or higher. that made me focus on looking for a 997.2 GT3 instead and have been enjoying mine since March!
Old 07-27-2015, 09:52 PM
fatmatt0116
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The man can is entitled to ask whatever he wants for it. Ultimately, it is worth whatever the market will bear. Let us know what it goes for. From one businessman to another, GLWS. Haters, stfu.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:55 PM
renntech36
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a buyer at MSRP. Email me at harrissnodgrass@gmail.com if you are interested.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:01 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

At the risk of being told to STFU, maybe Lex Van paid $20K over and has some heartburn about it.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:10 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by fatmatt0116
The man can is entitled to ask whatever he wants for it. Ultimately, it is worth whatever the market will bear. Let us know what it goes for. From one businessman to another, GLWS. Haters, stfu.
No one's hating. If the guy selling the car was a private seller than hey so be it...it's his car. That is not the case...he is a dealer trying to price gouge...something some mfr's do not agree with. In the end he can do whatever he wants but it doesn't say much for the industry.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:17 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by CAA
Another smoking deal from Porsche North Houston. Why not offer it to a loyal / repeat customer at (God forbid) msrp?
We would and will sir.. But, this is an open market forum. I could save some grief from some posters and not even offer it up at all here.. Then whom would I be doing the disservice? Look guys, I'm simply the messenger that brings these amazing machines to this particular forum. I know some of you don't care for dealers here, but from the few that I see that actually do offer their specialty Inventory, we set an asking price and then look forward to offers. I can honestly state that we don't always get asking price on most of our listings, but there has to be a starting point.. As for asking a premium on a car that most want, but were not able to procure, ; I don't see it as "unreasonable." It's always "seems to be" the guys that have no intention to buy for whatever reason that have their opinions, however, I can honestly respect it. Thanks for the support from all of the others!
Old 07-27-2015, 10:19 PM
e34nication
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by speednme
No one's hating. If the guy selling the car was a private seller than hey so be it...it's his car. That is not the case...he is a dealer trying to price gouge...something some mfr's do not agree with. In the end he can do whatever he wants but it doesn't say much for the industry.
I'm actually kind of surprised PCNA let's their dealer network get away with it.... I guess because it's technically a "used car" in this case?
Old 07-27-2015, 10:23 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe

Is the dealer allowed to price gouge? Absolutely. Is a guy allowed to sell bottled water for $100 per after a hurricane disrupts potable water in the area? Sure. But both are unfair practices that speak to character.

MSRP stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. A car sold at that price not only includes a healthy profit for any dealer, but is the price the maker suggest it be sold at fair market value. The key word there is fair. Any more and it's unfair value.

I'm sure if you were having a kidney stone, at that moment of intense pain, the doctor could charge you $20,000 for that $10 shot of morphine and you would pay it to get rid of that pain. Does that make him a good business man just reflecting the market and good capitalism?

There is a reason car dealers are burdened with a low reputation, one reason is because some engage in price gouging. Some, like myself, frown on that business practice, because it's unfair to the buyer.

And guess what, we can all post here all we want. Telling others to SFTU will not work, so the opinions will fly, especially when the subject is price gouging by a car dealer. Opinions on price are no poorer etiquette than price gouging.
Actually I believe you can be jailed for selling water at gouging prices during hurricane relief efforts

Small point

I'd imagine this car is long gone if all the forum hype relates to dollars spent
Old 07-27-2015, 10:24 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe

We need a like button on this forum. Thumbs up.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:25 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

John, was the car titled to the original owner or did he not take title to the car?

I'm not a big fan of charging over MSRP but at least this is better than what the CA dealerships are trying to charge. Maybe because I'm buying a GT4 with a small premium I'm biased, but this is within reason in terms of pricing. $20k+ over MSRP....hell no. Good luck on the sale John and please don't stop posting your inventory on here.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:30 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Actually I believe you can be jailed for selling water at gouging prices during hurricane relief efforts
This is true. And for good reason. It doesn't make you a good business man. It does, however, speak volumes to ones character and the lengths some reduce themselves to squeeze the Almighty Dollar out of their fellow man. The behavior should always be frowned upon.

It is illegal because it is amoral.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:36 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH
I could save some grief from some posters and not even offer it up at all here..
It's always the guys that have no intention to buy for whatever reason that have they're opinions and I can honestly respect it!
IMO you would be better off.

From personal experience, I was in the market for a car. I love forums to get some great info and intel. After looking for months and deciding what I wanted to get I finally purchased my current car.

I specifically chose not to give you guys the business for the practice you have on this forum of charging (or should I say asking) exorbitant retails.

You are right. It is capitalism, you are a business, you can do whatever you want. For me it specifically changed my mind and I chose to decide with my wallet. I took my money elsewhere.

So for me you would have been better off not showing all these over MSRP deals you have. I am quite confident I am not the only one in this boat, but if I am who cares.

Quick Reply: 2016 CAYMAN GT4 AVAILABLE SOLD