Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2007 RS

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 08:15 PM
Sman
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS market

Year: 2007
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 35500
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: orange
VIN: WPOAC29987S792566
Price (no $ sign please): $199000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Two months ago, Isringhausen offered a black/orange 07 RS with 1900 miles for $199k and was sold within weeks. A white 07 RS with 1700 miles is currently being offered by sanfranciscosportscars for $189k. These two cars seem to be top of the market. Any seller can ask for what they want but the market will dictate the selling price.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:04 PM
burningpetrol
Instructor

Great car, price is a joke
Old 06-19-2015, 09:08 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RodKnock
OP, please ignore the schmucks that comment on price. I'm always amazed at the lack of proper etiquette around here. Hopefully sellers DON'T move over to other venues for selling their cars where pricing comments or any comments for that matter aren't allowed.
Agreed.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:00 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Sman
Two months ago, Isringhausen offered a black/orange 07 RS with 1900 miles for $199k and was sold within weeks. A white 07 RS with 1700 miles is currently being offered by sanfranciscosportscars for $189k. These two cars seem to be top of the market. Any seller can ask for what they want but the market will dictate the selling price.
orange and green are trading for at least a $50k premium over other color 997.1 GT3 RS
Old 06-19-2015, 10:38 PM
Sman
4th Gear

Default Colors

$50k more?
Mexico blue or PTS, I believe it.
Green, may be.
Orange, no way. It is the most common RS color.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:08 AM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

$50k more?
Mexico blue or PTS, I believe it.
Green, may be.
Orange, no way. It is the most common RS color.
If you don't like the price, then move along. Everyone thinks they're a market expert.

"Common" is a relative term. There are/were 122 Orange 2007-2008 GT3 RS's. Don't know how many are left. But I'm sure you realize that Porsche may have built more orange GT3RS's because the demand was higher for orange. More buyers wanted orange.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:41 AM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RodKnock
If you don't like the price, then move along. Everyone thinks they're a market expert. "Common" is a relative term. There are/were 122 Orange 2007-2008 GT3 RS's. Don't know how many are left. But I'm sure you realize that Porsche may have built more orange GT3RS's because the demand was higher for orange. More buyers wanted orange.
Well said. Silver is the rarest but I think it's a much harder sell. White and black also rarer than orange but green aside, Orange is the most sought after color; at least for me it was. I do believe green is the wholly grail that will command a higher premium than orange. However good luck finding a green one so for now I can see a premium for orange for the simple reason that's what people want, then and now.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:08 AM
Sman
4th Gear

I am no market expert but may be you are. Simply stating prices that I see them. Love to see the price comparison showing $50k hike in orange as compared to other colors.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

each car has a buyer
each buyer is different
the car at SFsportscar is NEW. i seen it and i have seen and driven more RS/GT3 possibly more then most on the board. the only reason i did not buy it was i never drive with window down except when required on track as such i need AC which that car lacked.

the blk car at isringhause while great i would not pay 120 for it, simply b/c it's blk. that alone is a non starter.

i know a lot of ppl love green, luckily for me i do not. a green car to me is 50k deduct.

what's the point? none of the RS makes sense now. old car cost more than window.
these are now emotional buys.
if you are trying to figure out if its worth it, you missed the point.

the only way to buy is what i called the hardness meter. stare at the car of the pic of the subject car.... is your pants getting tight? if not, pass on it. if pants pop open, pawn the kids, sell the house, rob the bank, buy it. my bird has never been wrong while my brain has never bought a car i liked.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:42 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am no market expert but may be you are. Simply stating prices that I see them. Love to see the price comparison showing $50k hike in orange as compared to other colors.
I'm not an expert. I have no idea what the market value of this car is or isn't, but I'm NOT the person commenting on the price. If you don't like the price, then why "**** on" another member's ad. It's a free market economy, the seller can choose to sell or not sell at any price he (or she) chooses.

As for the GT3RS color choices, I'd only buy orange or green. No black or white for me. If I'm buying one, and I'm not, then I want a bright hue.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:26 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
each car has a buyer each buyer is different the car at SFsportscar is NEW. i seen it and i have seen and driven more RS/GT3 possibly more then most on the board. the only reason i did not buy it was i never drive with window down except when required on track as such i need AC which that car lacked. the blk car at isringhause while great i would not pay 120 for it, simply b/c it's blk. that alone is a non starter. i know a lot of ppl love green, luckily for me i do not. a green car to me is 50k deduct. what's the point? none of the RS makes sense now. old car cost more than window. these are now emotional buys. if you are trying to figure out if its worth it, you missed the point. the only way to buy is what i called the hardness meter. stare at the car of the pic of the subject car.... is your pants getting tight? if not, pass on it. if pants pop open, pawn the kids, sell the house, rob the bank, buy it. my bird has never been wrong while my brain has never bought a car i liked.
Agreed on all points! I would add that when I was looking for my .1RS last year I wasn't interested in a like new garage queen type car. I wanted one that had some miles it; I found one with 10k. A car that's been sitting around for 8 years with no miles on it sounds like trouble. These cars are meant to be driven. Get out there and beat the **** the **** out of them.

Last edited by Big Al HURT123; 06-21-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:46 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Al HURT123
Agreed on all points! I would add that when I was looking for my .1RS last year I wasn't interested in a like new garage queen type car. I wanted one that had some miles it; I found one with 10k. A car that's been sitting around for 8 years with no miles on it sounds like trouble. These cars are meant to be driven. Get out there and beat the **** the **** out of them. ents.
Same here- found one with 14k on it in late 2013. Now has 21k on it. ****s given about price going down due to miles = none. Bought it to drive it. Buying cars in a speculative manner is way above my tax bracket.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:58 AM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

the '11 RS posted with 30k less or so miles and roughly the same price is not doing this ad any favours...
Old 06-21-2015, 02:47 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default respect

Any FS thread that doesn't want people commenting on how high it is and wants "respect given" may want to respect the forum and don't post dumb *** prices...
go fish on ebay or other. Sorry this price is ****ing dumb.....

asking a high price is one thing, a price NOT a soul here would consider is another.

happy fathers day all....
Old 06-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Any FS thread that doesn't want people commenting on how high it is and wants "respect given" may want to respect the forum and don't post dumb *** prices... go fish on ebay or other. Sorry this price is ****ing dumb..... asking a high price is one thing, a price NOT a soul here would consider is another. happy fathers day all....
With all due respect you are wrong on this one. We teach our kids that if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything. Why we forget this as adults is beyond me. Every time someone posts a classified every know it all jumps in tearing the seller down because he asks what they believe is too much. I say shut up and let the market dictate. I think it's time this forum stop allow people to comment on classified ads as is the case with most other forums.

Quick Reply: 2007 RS