Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 2005 Porsche Carrera GT Guards Red

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 12:32 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts

Year: 2005
Make: Porsche
Model: Carrera GT
Cont. Porsche Models: Carrera GT
Mileage (numbers only please): 9600
Color: Guards Red
Price (no $ sign please): $1314159
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Old 04-23-2015, 12:34 PM
achilles99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hillsdonsmith - I didn't even make that connection. Maybe it's fate
Old 04-23-2015, 12:40 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by achilles99
Never really got into the 918, even though I thought it was gorgeous in person.

leftlane - good question... in my mind, I can convert all three cars to a P1 since I don't really drive that often to begin with. Shouldn't I be happy with 1 car ? On the other hand, I haven't met one CGT owner that's said they were happy with the decision to sell. On the other, other hand, I've never met a P1 owner that wasn't happy either lol.
Keep the CGT, get rid of the lambos, and go buy your hypercar.

If you sell the CGT, you're going to end up back in one anyway, but the price of entry will be much higher 6 months, 1 year.... whatever time it is from now... and that's if you even find one that you love as much as your current car.

The new hypercars on the other hand, you'll buy, have your fun, and move on. They're going to keep creating newer and better versions of these cars and there will always be an opportunity to buy one... but there will never be another CGT.

That's my opinion, and comes from a guy who has only dreamt of a CGT. But regardless of cost, the CGT is the one that fills my dreams... not P1's or LF's or Zonda's.

Whatever you end up doing, this is a good problem to have!
Old 04-23-2015, 12:42 PM
achilles99
Instructor

posche0nut - I think you have very valid points that I will have to consider once I'm not distracted by Karen's avatar.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:46 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Her clothing (can you call it that?) almost matches the car.... it's a sign!
Old 04-23-2015, 03:27 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

These cars have gone from $300K a year ago to now near a million. What will they be when you want to come back? You know you will want to come back. Digital isn't always better than analog
Old 04-23-2015, 03:57 PM
achilles99
Instructor

I'm pretty sure they were more than $300k a year ago, but I see your point. Just to clarify, I know that I prefer analog to digital. It's just that I have to scratch the digital itch. Wish I could do both, and then dump the digital once I tired of it. Good problems to have!
Old 04-23-2015, 04:53 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by achilles99
I'm pretty sure they were more than $300k a year ago, but I see your point. Just to clarify, I know that I prefer analog to digital. It's just that I have to scratch the digital itch. Wish I could do both, and then dump the digital once I tired of it. Good problems to have!

Go to a racing school a few times a year - scratch the itch and tear up their cars for 10k a weekend. Suggest Ferrari Canada.

You can't drive / feel the hyper car beasts without the will to push them and no one pushes a street car in their right mind.

Buy a track car with slicks - HANS and a nice helmet for your melon - 100k all in.

More important - Karen? Someone really needs to help a newbie out here!!!
Old 04-23-2015, 05:00 PM
dariog
Banned

Hi

I am also an analog/manual guy and if I were you I wouldn't sell CGT, I have "only" 997 GT2 and I am not going to sell her anytime! I have always dreamt about Porsche and sinc 2004 it has been mighty CGT (I still have large poster on my wall), but with those prices now it is gone So from my point of view You are really fortune to have that GreaT CGT

Darek
Old 04-23-2015, 06:10 PM
achilles99
Instructor

Nuvolari - track schools (check), track car w/ slicks (check, Hans and cool helmet too)... according to you and Darek, looks like I need to hold my cards.

I may have a few buyback scenarios, that would be ideal... scratch the itch, come back to CGT.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:53 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I am at the opposite spectrum as all of these posts. I have none of the cars you either want nor have...I am fortunate enough to have driven them because of a very fortunate and talented friend. The CGT is great but to really enjoy it takes a skill set I do not posses nor the pockets to truly afford on a track. While I have driven the P1 & 918 of which he has all plus a Veyron I will tell you the digital age makes you a better driver than you really are because the technology is just that good.

I know it's just me but I think once you scratch that itch you won't look back.

Also I would wonder how long this bubble on air cooled and certain other Porsches ( CGT ) will continue. I think those that have them will keep them and those that want them have lots of other choices. My friend has 2 959's which is my dream analog car and considering less than 300 were produced is the only car I think is outside this bubble. Just my opinion but if you can fetch that kind of money for yours you should be delighted.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Ak3249
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It's really quite simple to be honest. If it's performance numbers your after nothing can compete with the new cars, and vice versa, if it's an old school raw supercar experience you want the CGT is your best bet. Older cars no longer posses the numbers to keep them relevant to their modern brothers, however what they do have to offer is character, which I personally prefer.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:47 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ForceReconTrojan
I am at the opposite spectrum as all of these posts. I have none of the cars you either want nor have...I am fortunate enough to have driven them because of a very fortunate and talented friend. The CGT is great but to really enjoy it takes a skill set I do not posses nor the pockets to truly afford on a track. While I have driven the P1 & 918 of which he has all plus a Veyron I will tell you the digital age makes you a better driver than you really are because the technology is just that good.

I know it's just me but I think once you scratch that itch you won't look back.

Also I would wonder how long this bubble on air cooled and certain other Porsches ( CGT ) will continue. I think those that have them will keep them and those that want them have lots of other choices. My friend has 2 959's which is my dream analog car and considering less than 300 were produced is the only car I think is outside this bubble. Just my opinion but if you can fetch that kind of money for yours you should be delighted.
There is a reason MLB doesn't allow aluminum bats.

Only so much room on a road or track - things happen faster than slower especially in a crash so when you go faster you are also and others are in more danger.

Anyway - what other V10 F1 design engine entire CF car choices are there? Not to mention 70 patents were registered for the CGT. Porsche I believe spent 1m per car somewhat like the 959.

Given the other super cars - what factory spent 1M to produce a 440k list car.

I have never seen a car as well designed with so many precious metals - so please share. No offense but the CGT is in a league no car but for the Mclaren F1.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:45 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
There is a reason MLB doesn't allow aluminum bats.

Only so much room on a road or track - things happen faster than slower especially in a crash so when you go faster you are also and others are in more danger.

Anyway - what other V10 F1 design engine entire CF car choices are there? Not to mention 70 patents were registered for the CGT. Porsche I believe spent 1m per car somewhat like the 959.

Given the other super cars - what factory spent 1M to produce a 440k list car.

I have never seen a car as well designed with so many precious metals - so please share. No offense but the CGT is in a league no car but for the Mclaren F1.
There were over 100 Patents for the 918 so that's not really a measuring stick, for me at least. As far as losing money, one would think no manufacturer outside of Ferrari makes money on car runs under 1k of a single model. VW loses far more on every Veyron...it's not why they are made. If you think I don't admire or respect the CGT you misread my intent, it's phenomenal but there are a lot more reasons why these cars don't accumulate many miles too.

I do agree somewhat with your analogy but on the other-hand the safety of the modern hyper car has also progressed significantly. After I stopped stalling the CGT on my first drive I could appreciate it but never loved it. When I drove the 918 I felt completely at ease and absorbed by the car. I will freely admit going from lowly 993t or 987 Spyder I do not have a lot to compare these cars too but I do know what I like 918 every single time!
Old 04-23-2015, 09:54 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

there was a red CGT on ferrarichat listed for $499k with 24,000 miles. Was sold and seller changed mind. Realistically, what is that car worth as it seems like these cars are going up $50k-$100k per month these days.

Quick Reply: FS: 2005 Porsche Carrera GT Guards Red