Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

91 911 Turbo Finally For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 02:45 PM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Year: 1991
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 65425
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black
VIN: WP0AA2964MS480283
Price (no $ sign please): $89500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by BeachBoy
I was trying to refrain from replying to this thread, but at $150k I would expect the dash not to be all scratched under the key. It's obvious from the picture that some keychain scratched the dash countless times...

This price is in the stratosphere for that car considering the mileage, state, respray, etc.

Good luck with your sale, I guess there could be a buyer somewhere.
$150k??
Old 04-10-2014, 02:47 PM
PKmode
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

BeachBoy: Where did you get $150K? It's listed at $97.5K

As for the 993 vs 964 performance...obviously the newer version always outperforms the previous. After all, Porsche's have always been known for Evolution not Revolution. I'm not talking performance but rather history and craftsmanship.

Guys get all horny about the last of the aircooled Porsches but by then the 993 was already the 1st departure from 'real' Porsche 911s. Just the fact that they were no longer hand built alone is reason enough.

It really all depends what you're after out of your 911. To me, the 964 Turbo was the last of it's kind and judging by values in recent years, many agree. I love the 993 but it was the end of an era (but the beginning of a new one, without which Porsche would have been on hard times). Just my $0.02 and I'm an opinionated *******.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:41 PM
BeachBoy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry from the app I did not see listed price and saw that $150k which was a joke from a user.

$97.5k is still pushing it IMO.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:23 PM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In as much as I like this turbo, upon close review of the pics provided by the OP reveal many cosmetic flaws. Unfortunately this 911 is not a 10 as reflected in the asking price, however, it's an 8 all day long, pending a close visual inspection, as such it is my honest opinion that this lovely 911 Turbo is worth between $65-$68K in the RL market place.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:07 PM
CarjCapt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 96PCarrera993mg
In as much as I like this turbo, upon close review of the pics provided by the OP reveal many cosmetic flaws. Unfortunately this 911 is not a 10 as reflected in the asking price, however, it's an 8 all day long, pending a close visual inspection, as such it is my honest opinion that this lovely 911 Turbo is worth between $65-$68K in the RL market place.
You are exactly right it isn't a "10" 10 meaning a brand new car 23 years old that would be original in every way, a time capsule.

Thank you for judging it as an "8" based on the pictures. There are some cosmetic flaws I'm sure, however, the more I look at this car in the shape it is in selling it will be very difficult.

I've already respectfully turned down an offer in the range you have so thoughtfully assessed.

You are certainly invited to come look at the car and do an in person assessment.

As we say in Texas "Y'all come"
Old 04-11-2014, 11:46 AM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

Lots of comments from the peanut gallery and people who are in no way in the market for this car.

OP - you don't need to justify your price to anyone. The market will let you know if you're off or not, and if you are patient (which it seems like you are), the market might just come to you. In the meantime, don't waste too much time explaining yourself and defending your price to folks who have zero intention (or ability in a lot of cases) to be a buyer. As they say in Texas, all hat and no cattle.

Free markets, guys, free markets......
Old 04-11-2014, 11:55 AM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Better be careful leftlane, you'll be chastised by all the people who feel it's their sworn duty to let everbody know a car may be overpriced....
Old 04-11-2014, 12:29 PM
CarjCapt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by leftlane
Lots of comments from the peanut gallery and people who are in no way in the market for this car.

OP - you don't need to justify your price to anyone. The market will let you know if you're off or not, and if you are patient (which it seems like you are), the market might just come to you. In the meantime, don't waste too much time explaining yourself and defending your price to folks who have zero intention (or ability in a lot of cases) to be a buyer. As they say in Texas, all hat and no cattle.

Thank you for the kind words. Of course you are right we decided to price it based on a crazy increase in the 94 and older aircooled market.

As we have said before the chances of getting even close to that number is nil. But we needed to start some where and we do have a number that we would part with the car. So those who are genuinely interested will come forward and enter into real negotiations and we are ready to do that.

Have the hat and wish I had cattle for my "El Rancho not so Grande"
Old 04-11-2014, 12:56 PM
blackboy
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Lots of comments from the peanut gallery and people who are in no way in the market for this car. OP - you don't need to justify your price to anyone. The market will let you know if you're off or not, and if you are patient (which it seems like you are), the market might just come to you. In the meantime, don't waste too much time explaining yourself and defending your price to folks who have zero intention (or ability in a lot of cases) to be a buyer. As they say in Texas, all hat and no cattle. Free markets, guys, free markets......
Oh thanks so much for explaining it to all of us.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:18 PM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! Really?
Old 04-11-2014, 04:25 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is better then television lol and agree price is too high but hope he gets it.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:18 AM
CarjCapt
Rennlist Member

Default pics

even more pics
Attached Images   
Old 04-12-2014, 11:24 AM
CarjCapt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rmc1148
This is better then television lol and agree price is too high but hope he gets it.
It is a Porsche soap opera and the ending is unknown.

The chances of getting the "ASKING" price, as we have said, is nil.

So the saga goes on until someone steps up and starts to realize that there are a finite amount of these cars. Someone has said there are about 674 actually imported to the USA. With about 2500 built total for the world. Does anyone know for sure???
Old 04-12-2014, 11:57 AM
CarjCapt
Rennlist Member

Window Sticker
Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2014, 09:33 PM
rstarga
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I think with the mods done it's very close to 3.6 performance. Looks like a nice respray with very minor details.
Top end redone which around here would be close to 7k.
The main difference for me between the 993 TT and the 964 is 2wd not 4wd. Just like a GT2.
There are several out there for over 100, depending on PPI and patience he should get somewhere between 85-95.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: 91 911 Turbo Finally For Sale