Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1998 RUF Turbo R (993TT)

Old 06-21-2013, 01:52 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 1998 RUF Turbo R (993TT)

Year: 1998
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993 Turbo
Mileage (numbers only please): 35500
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: White
Price (no $ sign please): $99000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

This is my own personal car (I am not a dealer, not that dealers are bad) and I am an avid adult car enthusiast, this is my second Porsche and I am a PCA member...email directly at stephen.ramponi@yahoo.com if not able to PM

1998 Porsche 993 RUF Turbo R Conversion….On record at RUF Germany and have RUF Receipts/Paperwork...
Clean Title (in hand)
Exterior – White
Interior – Two tone Navy Blue/Black with Carbon Fiber accents.
Miles Total – 35,500 on car, Conversion done at 24K miles....so only roughly
12K range on RUF Turbo R package engine installed at time of conversion...
I bought the car in summer 2012 from a Porsche PCA Member who was the second owner and has owned the car since July 2000; first leasing through his business and then buying out the lease. (I am the third owner.)
RUF Turbo R conversion done in April 2001, car at the time had roughly 24,000 miles. This was a new engine sent from Germany from RUF with RUF techs to do the conversion. This engine now has about 12+K miles on it bringing total 35,500…. Conversion Documented and on Record at RUF Germany; I have paperwork.
Prior owner added many upgrades and available to talk by phone if needed with serious buyer; Bilstien PSS9 Adjustable coil overs, stainless fabspeed exhaust (car sounds amazing... ), check valve kit, serpentine belt upgrade, 993 to power 996 seat conversion with white painted seat backs, also many genuine RUF parts...

*RUF front bumper/facia
*RUF rear bumper/facia
*RUF steering wheel w/airbag
*RUF stainless exhaust tips
*RUF badging front and rear

The car has Rain gutters shaved (this is a big job), prior owner also added Porsche TURBO S Ducts (the look amazing) and the Gemballa side skirts.......
When I bought the car I immediately wanted to go through it top to bottom, so we removed engine just to address light oil damp on timing chain covers etc (normal stuff with these cars)..check turbos etc…(again normal issues with these cars after 15 years). We had the Turbo’s fully rebuilt by one of the best shops in the country (have receipts), we replaced cylinder head #2 (all with Porsche OEM part(s)), did upper seals, new seals on all timing chain covers, replaced flywheel and clutch, new engine mounts, new Turbo hoses, and more… detailed engine ticket/receipts in the $25,000.00+ range (Done by TOP notch local shop www.eurotechracecars.com) I also went through the chassis/car replacing stereo (ipod, hands free, etc)+ new speakers, adding RS Leather door panels, hardwired V1 up by rear view mirror, all new Carbon Fiber Dash+CF Ruf ebrake lever+ have carbon fiber RUF logo sills not yet installed (all CF made in Germany by Marcus Buhler, many know him on RL, his CF is top shelf). We also did steering rod boots and some other things.... I added more RUF parts as well noted below... I have detailed receipts of all work done. I also added...
* RUF Euro gauges (done by Palo Alto Speedometer )
* RUF shifter
* RUF pedal kit,
* RUF 19 wheels powder coat black (matte)
* RUF Carbon Fiber e-brake (custom)
* RUF Carbon Fiber sills (custom not yet installed)

I had calipers (These are Porsche Big Red Turbo Brakes) removed tuned and professionally painted yellow and added RUF script, replaced brake lines, some faded trim pieces replaced on car, a malfunctioning rear view mirror control replaced, removed stock CD changer and factory amp etc.. (have stock parts and door panels etc) All this work and parts was over $15,000.00.
We finally sent the ECU to RUF for a go through as wasn't reading in DME, and decided to buy a new RUF TURBO R/Porsche ECU all again documented with RUF and have receipts...

This was a near open check book full top to bottom sorting of a very unique and rare Porsche RUF automobile. Very few RUF Turbo R conversions in existence in the states and even less as a 1998, white in color, with so many RUF parts, low miles (only 35.5K on car and not even 12K range on RUF engine) + rear wheel drive! Many unique upgrades from S Turbo ducts, rain gutters removed etc....
*Original Porsche turbo books, binder, tools, Full organized folder of receipts and documentation included...
*Clean title and in hand
*Autocheck report clean
*Carfax shows Minor accident in 2007 < I have original police report that says what happened and will provide... minor. Flat tire caused wheel to come off rim and brush along car next to it. The car had some paint scrapes on one side and dented rear fender, needed a new wheel etc... no dents filled, body shop replaced rear fender with OEM Porsche fender and painted... I talked to shop that did the work and they confirmed the same and again the police report that outlines what happened (which I have)....full disclosure seller here.
(prior owner also available to speak with as noted prior)

.... Car comes with two sets of keys, I have many parts left over like the original door panels, I have a TON of pics of engine work in progress, I have a big piece of matching blue leather hide, car cover, both a Porsche Turbo S wing and a 993tt wing....

What does the car need? The car IMO needs some paint work to be perfect.... the side skirts added 12 years back the prior owner had fitted to the car and starting to show some light cracks where they meet the car, paint is now 14 years old etc so other areas also could touch upon a pillar, sills/mainly side skirts etc... I am leaving paint touch ups to be done by new owner as someone else may want to do something else with the paint or other ...(I have estimate for about 3K to do the touch ups + areas near rockers etc + installing and painting to match the turbo wing that I have swapping out the Turbo S wing).

open to answer any questions.
.. ... my mechanic thinks I should keep after all this work.

NOTE - Fresh inspection sticker from Porsche Dealer (Inskip Porsche Warwick RI) just added a few months back....only person that touched the car at dealer is a 25 year air cooled tech that has worked on other RUF cars... also available if needed to talk with serious buyer...

Why selling? I am into this car for much more then I have ever imagined... I was planning to keep the car for ever so the work that was done got done right but simply exceeded budget. That said, I can pay my bills, and far from a car poor guy here, not forced to sell but choosing to sell... Just have family and son in private schools and I keep my toy budget to a certain $ cap... and this has gone past that point..... it happens!

I wrote the above the way I like to see adds with as much data as possible. Any questions PM me directly... car can be seen in Newport RI... I am hoping to get better pics done soon... but for now hope these are OK..
Attached Images                

Last edited by mickfluff; 10-23-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:56 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default 993tt Thread.....

There is a LONG thread in the 993tt forum that goes through my purchase of this car and full sorting over the past year... I am not sure how to post a link to it but sure someone more tech savy then me maybe able to and interested buyers maybe interested in the read...

Not an easy decision that is for certain...

Last edited by mickfluff; 09-16-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:57 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default in motion....

One more Video... hopefully again better pics soon...

Last edited by mickfluff; 09-16-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Tony.CO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Incredible car at very attractive price Mick. Not easy decision to sell.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:10 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default thanks

Thanks, and yes you are correct! But will enjoy while I have it, taking a ride today......

Originally Posted by Tony.CO
Incredible car at very attractive price Mick. Not easy decision to sell.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:38 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 281 Posts

I dream about this car when I go to sleep. Absolutely gorgeous!

Great ad too - exactly how I like to see listings, with all the info, lots of pics, and great disclosures. Just wish I had the coin to make you post "sold!"
Old 06-22-2013, 12:42 PM
luckyJ
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

amazing car ....best of luck w sale
Old 06-22-2013, 04:57 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default CF sills included

Included in sale, not yet installed...
Attached Images    
Old 06-24-2013, 02:59 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default quick run to the market

2 minute ride to get milk for the family brings me home 45 min later after a nice ride!

Last edited by mickfluff; 09-18-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Marshy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great writeup and disclosures. This price is a steal in light of the work put in to get it sorted to this point. GLWS Mick ! Enjoy her in the meantime.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:19 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default Thanks

Marshy thanks a lot... much appreciated...really is one rare and unique RUF R!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:41 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default Update

Still available...

Thanks... hope all had a nice 4th!
Old 07-13-2013, 02:04 PM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow- just wow! Glws