Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1992 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (Model 964)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 07:21 PM
flyboy1717
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (Model 964)

Year: 1992
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 964 C2
Mileage (numbers only please): 241200
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Arctic Silver
VIN: WP0AB2969NS420515
Price (no $ sign please): $10000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Tiptronic
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

SOLD!

1992 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (Model 964)
VIN: WP0AB2969NS420515
CARFAX Link: http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailRepor...3D&language=en
Arctic Silver
Grey Leather Interior
Tiptronic Transmission
Sunroof
Trip Computer (standard with tip transmission)
Rear wiper (rare option)
Cruise Control (works perfect, use it daily)
Air Conditioning (Had it charged this summer, old charge held for two years)
Sony CD Player
Turbo Twist 17” Wheels
Mileage: 240,000 (approximately as this is my daily driver)
Price: $10,000
Email: Rog.M.Masson@gmail.com

I have owned this car for approximately 2.5 years and put over 25,000 miles on her. I drive it daily over 60 miles. She starts up every morning and has proven to be extremely reliable. I average 23MPG during my commute. Over the last two years I have sorted out a number of issues bringing this car to where it is today. It’s far from perfect, but if you’re looking for a reliable classic that you don’t feel bad about driving, this is your car.

Major work completed during my ownership:

Rear Main Seal (stopped 90% of oil leak)
Valve Adjustment, including replacement of all valve gaskets
Windshield
Fuel Pump
Sunroof Seals
Sunroof Wire
Drivers Door Seal
Door stay
Oil Pressure Sending Unit
Catalytic Converter
Steering Wheel
Battery
Oil changes every 7500 miles with Mobil One 15-50
Transmission Fluid/Filter Change
Fuel Filter
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S with approximately 25,000 miles on them currently

As I said above it’s far from perfect, but nothing prevents it from being a great daily driver. Here are the problems I’m aware of.

Oil drips – There are 3-4 drips of oil which happen every time I drive the car. I suspect they are coming from the left hand side valve cover. The valve covers are known to warp, and given the mileage of my car, I would suspect that to be the problem.
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ver-leaks.html

Drivers side door strap – The welds have let go on this hinge. The door still functions perfectly, but in order to prevent further damage, I restrict myself and only open the door to the first stop. This is a fairly common problem, but a costly repair ($300-$400)
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...p-problem.html

Spoiler Crack – The spoiler is cracked in the top left hand side. This is also a common problem, and is cosmetic in nature.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...er-repair.html

Low oil pressure light - After the car warms up, the low oil pressure light comes on at idle. This is actually mentioned in the owners manual as being normal, but was disconcerting the first time I had it happen. After having it happen for 2.5 years, I can assure you that no damage has been done because of it. The pressure quickly rises the second the engine revs. This problem might be solved by going to a higher weight oil, but I’ve stuck with Mobile 1 15-50

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...t-at-idle.html

Paint – I’d give the paint a 6 out of 10. The car could benefit from a paint job. The area surrounding the engine has faded some due to the heat and high miles. Again this is cosmetic, and given this isn’t and will never be a collector’s car I haven’t worried too much about it. I do wash and wax it, and it still looks awesome to me.

Accidents - According to the CARFAX which a prospective buyer provided me the vehicle has been in two accidents. I suspect this is why the front bumper shows signs of a paint job. Again the car drives true and straight, and I highly encourage you to drive it if you are local.

I am selling to move on to something different, possibly an M3 or M5. After 2.5 years and 25,000 miles I’ve simply grown restless. I’m not in a big rush to sell, so save yourself time if you’re thinking about making low ball offers.

If you want to put one of the most recognizable silhouettes in automotive history in your driveway, while listening to the distinct sound of an air-cooled engine, this is your chance. You never have to feel guilty about enjoying it, because it has depreciated as far as it will go. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to see this classic.
Attached Images      
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
CARFAX 1.pdf (264.4 KB, 218 views)

Last edited by flyboy1717; 12-17-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:28 PM
AC/911's
Banned

Received 94 Likes on 49 Posts
Default 964

I have a freind who might be interested, pm sent
Old 10-09-2012, 07:43 AM
flyboy1717
Advanced

Here is some additional information which I just sent in an email. Other prospective buyers may find it useful:

Tip works great. No issue at all. When I bought the car I changed the transmission fluid and transmission filter, thats it as far as the tip is concerned. Hasn't let me down yet, and shows no signs of malfunction such as slipping. All associated electronics work perfect, meaning I can go into manual mode and easily change gears.

Unfortunately, I don't know if any major work has been done to the engine. I have no proof to suggest that it has been, other than this car runs incredibly good for a car with 240,000 miles. I pulled the engine soon after buying it to replace the rear main seal which was leaking pretty bad. While I had it out I adjusted the valves, but thats it for engine work in the last 25,000 miles.

I purchased the car from an older gentleman. He had his work done by a local indy shop, though he didn't have much work done to it. He drove the car once a week for a round trip of about 7 miles. He purchased the car on ebay from Florida. This is where it accumulated 210,000 of its miles. I think he put about 5,000 miles on it during his ownership.

I'm not a paint expert, and have no proof that the car has been resprayed. The hood, fenders, roof, and door skins definitely look original to me. The front bumper may have been sprayed, as I think I can see some signs around some of the trim.

Last edited by flyboy1717; 10-18-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:09 PM
flyboy1717
Advanced

In response to a couple of questions, here are some additional photos which show some of the good and some of the bad. In these photos you will see the spoiler crack, the slight corrosion which is starting at the bottom of the windshield, and the delamination of the lights found on the oil pressure gauge. Please keep the questions coming.
Attached Images                
Old 10-11-2012, 10:55 PM
flyboy1717
Advanced

Here is a quick video which I just shot today. As you can see, she is running great.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:41 PM
flyboy1717
Advanced

Special thanks to a fellow Rennlist'er who shared the CARFAX which he paid for with me. Unfortunately, the CARFAX revealed two accidents over the cars 20 year, 240,000 mile history. I guess at those kind of miles its to be expected. Neither accident appears to be serious, i.e. the car does not have a salvage or rebuild title.

Regardless, I still highly encourage people to setup a time to drive the car. I promise you won't be disappointing.

Thanks again for the member sharing the report for all of our edification.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 PM
flyboy1717
Advanced

In order to lower the price, I would consider retaining the spare parts and selling those separate. I've had a decent number of offers, but none have hit my magic number yet. If you are a local buyer, please come and drive it. You won't be disappointed.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:10 PM
flyboy1717
Advanced

Car is still for sale. I just finished a 100 mile trip and averaged 25mpg's. This car lives by the saying, "How old would you be if nobody told you"
Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 PM
madskillzcustom
3rd Gear

Default C2

Is the car still for sale?
Old 10-30-2012, 09:59 AM
flyboy1717
Advanced

Yes, the car is still available.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:59 PM
producerjohn
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts

Man, I wish you were in the Pacific Northwest.

Free bump
Old 11-03-2012, 09:22 AM
flyboy1717
Advanced

Thanks for the compliments and the bump. The car is still for sale, and still the cheapest running 964 I can find in the country.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:25 PM
bigfeller
3rd Gear

Default Trade ya?

If you're interested in a fully sorted, 60K Honda Civic SiR (2003) I'd trade you ;-)
Old 11-03-2012, 10:13 PM
madskillzcustom
3rd Gear

Still waiting on that info that i told you about let you know some thing soon
Old 11-05-2012, 06:31 PM
flyboy1717
Advanced

Big Feller, sorry I'm not interested in trades.

Mario, let me know. I'll be traveling the next 9 days, so would be unable to work something out during that time anyway.

Quick Reply: 1992 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (Model 964)