Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Porsche 944 Race Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 11:25 PM
mtcarrera
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche 944 Race Car

Year: 1984
Make: Porsche
Model: 944
Cont. Porsche Models: 944
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Color: Red
Price (no $ sign please): $29000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthWest
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

Built on 1984 chassis. Never raced. Engine: 16 Valve, 2.77 liter, 12.5:1 compression, Electromotive Tec2 engine management system, external oil cooler, remote oil filter, custom cooling shrouding, headers, 5” Supertrapp. Body: completely stripped, 2200 pounds, custom dash and instrumentation, electric fire system, 3 quart manual Accusump, full cage, quick disconnect steering wheel, window net, Lexan windshield and hatch, fuel cell, automatic emergency fuel cutoff, quick access panels, transaxle breather, seat brace, new harness. Suspension: 7&8 x 15 Fuchs alloys, Bilstein dampers, adjustable bars.
This is a one-owner car which was driven on the street early in its life, then raced in stock classes for a time. It has never been wrecked. Seven years ago it was given to a race shop with the instructions “turn it into a race car”. What was done is described above. The car was never raced and the only driving that’s been done since that time comprised a few hours of shakedown and track tuning. Business difficulties prevented the owner from further competition and the car was stored until now. I have cleaned the fuel system, repaired a few items that had deteriorated in storage and verified that it runs properly. It runs like a scalded cat!! I cannot make any claims about how competitive it is since it has not been raced. A truly huge amount of money was sunk into its development, though I’m sure you can find areas in which to spend even more.
It should be mentioned, too, that I’m not familiar enough with the various racing venues to know what classes for which it qualifies. I’ve been repairing and modifying Porsches for 38 years and I can at least tell you that the quality of workmanship is very good, and that I don’t see any weak points. I’ll answer any questions you have to the best of my ability. I can put you in contact with the fabricator if you have questions beyond those that I can answer.
I have a clean title in my hands. The owner is starting the bidding at $29,000 and will seriously consider interesting partial “street” trades (street cars, NOT race cars will be considered). I will deliver the car within 700 miles of Great Falls, MT, for FREE. Outside of that circle and shipping is at your cost, but I will assist in any way I can.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Porsche 944 Race Car