Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory 2019 GT2RS rare PTS and Weissach * spec-able position

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 12:46 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Year: 2019
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Color: any
Price (no $ sign please): $195000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Originally Posted by AMG USA
This position is guaranteed and is already spec'd with a build sheet issued that is a PTS color and Weissach. Just because you've never seen one before doesn't mean it doesn't exist. This is the real deal.
Ok then what is the color?
Old 06-30-2018, 01:47 PM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Pors9, If you're a serious buyer, email me and I can share the current spec'd color and all other info.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:25 PM
tebbnsx
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This position is guaranteed and is already spec'd with a build sheet issued that is a PTS color and Weissach. Just because you've never seen one before doesn't mean it doesn't exist. This is the real deal.
Sorry means nothing yet because if buyer doesn’t like the color then it has to be resubmitted and approved and again there are no concrete guarantees.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:25 PM
pors9
Banned

Pors9, If you're a serious buyer, email me and I can share the current spec'd color and all other info.
I will call you on Monday. But I will say in advance that the car cannot be locked in for PTS and still specable. That is not how it works. The build sheet goes in with the PTS color request and you cannot change it once it is locked in. The only thing you can change is the color if you are ultimately not granted PTS. So your post title seems amiss?
Old 06-30-2018, 09:07 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by pors9
I will call you on Monday. But I will say in advance that the car cannot be locked in for PTS and still specable. That is not how it works. The build sheet goes in with the PTS color request and you cannot change it once it is locked in. The only thing you can change is the color if you are ultimately not granted PTS. So your post title seems amiss?
If your not planning on buying the car why do you keep on commenting on another site sponsor's post. Additionally, another site sponsor who paid up to get this allocation. I am ok with car dealers making a living. Most of us here are big boys and will do our own due diligence before paying $195k over for an allocation.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:17 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

The ask seems reasonable give the prices these cars are commanding. I would sure want a clause in my contract though saying the premium goes down by $50-100K if Porsche says no to the new buyer's PTS request.

J
Old 07-01-2018, 12:41 AM
pors9
Banned

Originally Posted by richk
If your not planning on buying the car why do you keep on commenting on another site sponsor's post. Additionally, another site sponsor who paid up to get this allocation. I am ok with car dealers making a living. Most of us here are big boys and will do our own due diligence before paying $195k over for an allocation.
I am sharing the information about how the process works so that other RL members know the score .. what's the matter with that exactly? I am pointing out a discrepancy in is post so that he can correct it in the case it is an oversight on his part. SO again ... what's the matter with that exactly?
Old 07-01-2018, 01:02 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

i am sure its real deal
however, to lock a PTS, a color must be submitted.
THAT color is the ONLY color that's approved.
depending on the Vxxx status, you MAY request to change color.
and whether PAG allow the new color to be approved is not guaranteed.
only the CURRENT color on your spec sheet is guaranteed.
say if i pay you your asking price and request arancio borealis or daytona violet, it's highly unlikely those will be approved.

just sharing info. i have had quite a few PTS and hated the process.

and finally, they can pull your PTS any time they feel like it despite approval.
manymany GT3 PTS approved on spec sheet where pulled a few months ago. (though this is very rare)

if by "spec-able" you mean options BESIDE PTS, you are correct. you can change any option you want (PAG have to approve it, if the paint is already ordered: that's on the internal build sheet you can pull) as long as it's not related to the PTS color. for EX. if you picked mex blue and appropved with paint already purchased, you cant not even add painted nipples, or painted key or any thing however small that required "paint"...
Old 07-01-2018, 01:33 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Exactly what pors9 stated already.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:56 AM
richk
Drifting

Originally Posted by pors9
I am sharing the information about how the process works so that other RL members know the score .. what's the matter with that exactly? I am pointing out a discrepancy in is post so that he can correct it in the case it is an oversight on his part. SO again ... what's the matter with that exactly?
The way I read the ad was that it was approved for PTS. In my mind that means a color has been approved. When he refers to specs I didn't think that included changing the PTS.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:10 AM
pors9
Banned

The way I read the ad was that it was approved for PTS. In my mind that means a color has been approved. When he refers to specs I didn't think that included changing the PTS.
Fair enough .. but here is the catch 22 with the way the GT2RS is being handled. When you submit for your PTS you must include your build spec. That build spec cannot be changed by you - this is in writing from Porsche. So if the PTS color is not approved the only thing you can change is the color. Not the build spec. This is why allocation holders trying to flip PTS allocations are having a hard time. The buyer cannot be guaranteed the PTS if they take the deal but want to order their personal build spec - that is then locked in. On the other hand the allocation holder does not want to get stuck with the buyers build spec if the deal fails for the sole reason that the buyer cant get their PTS color or PTS at all if Porsche so decides. So either the buyer risks getting stuck with a car without their PTS (or PTS at all) and having paid too much or the PTS allocation holder is stuck with the buyers build spec on a car they now own ... that they don't want. And the clock is ticking for locking in or losing the allocations.

There is a big game going on out there right now ...
Old 07-01-2018, 02:45 AM
richk
Drifting

There is one certainty...you are getting a PTS/Weissach GT2RS. And the current market on these cars is nuts. Its like the 911R.2!

I personally think these cars will hold value better than the R. Look at the the values of the 2011 GT2RS.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:36 AM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts

If you want the car, buy it. If not, don’t. There is a famous line in a skittles ad; “SHEEPBOY, quit your jibber jabber”.

JK - love sitting on the sidelines with this 90 degree heat and sucking on my non-PTS, popsicle.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:15 AM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by F1tifosi
If you want the car, buy it. If not, don’t. There is a famous line in a skittles ad; “SHEEPBOY, quit your jibber jabber”.

JK - love sitting on the sidelines with this 90 degree heat and sucking on my non-PTS, popsicle.
I see both sides of this and have no problem with the OP turning profit as a business and also Rennlist Sponsor and letting the market/availability dictate pricing however this is a Porsche forum and most come on here for information and to share ideas, thoughts and experiences. Some more subtle than others LOL. This information is usually quite helpful especially when it comes to certain builds & options especially PTS which is still difficult to understand and the "rules" are always changing.

Based on this this thread and the wording and what is being promised and since it is being posted on a forum I also agree on the side of the posters who are asking for more clarification.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:55 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,798 Likes on 2,165 Posts

There is one certainty...you are getting a PTS/Weissach GT2RS. And the current market on these cars is nuts. Its like the 911R.2!

I personally think these cars will hold value better than the R. Look at the the values of the 2011 GT2RS.
I'm sure someone who wants the car badly enough will set up and pay close to the OP's asking price, but I think the pricing will head the way of the 911R in terms of pricing as cars on the ground are being flipped. There are only so many people out there that will be willing to pay $100k+ over MSRP for a used car that isn't the newest shiny toy anymore. haha

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory 2019 GT2RS rare PTS and Weissach * spec-able position