Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS - 2015 Subaru WRX STI

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 07:35 PM
cgaites
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 84 Posts
Default SOLD - 2015 Subaru WRX STI

Year: 2015
Make: Subaru
Model: WRX STI
Mileage (numbers only please): 13749
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Red
Price (no $ sign please): $31500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): West
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

SOLD

Note to Rennlist readers - this is cross posted from NASIOC (a forum for turbo Subarus) so if any of the Subaru jargon needs clarification please ask. Also, apologies for all the stuff defending the price. It is a bit of a different atmosphere over at NASIOC.

With some trepidation, I’m selling my 2015 STI base with ~13,800 miles (it’s my daily so it will go up slightly) to make room for a 2010 911 Carrera that is currently on a truck on its way to me from CA. I am the car’s original owner having purchased it in April, 27th of 2015. It is an essentially no options car with the exception of the factory installed SPT exhaust. MSRP was $36,445. I still have the original window sticker and can send a photo to an interested potential future owner.

The car is still under its original 3yr, 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty until April, 27th of 2018, and under its 5yr, 60,000 mile powertrain warranty until April, 27th of 2021. The vehicle has never been modified except for the addition of a $99 eBay front lip (to protect the bumper from my steep driveway), and a set of Wedssports SA-55M ($2,106 from SubiSpeed) with red anodized Project KICS lugnuts ($169 from SubiSpeed). OEM Dunlops are mounted to the Weds, and have ~10K miles on them. OEM Enkies are included in the sale with a set of Yokohama Iceguard winter tires mounted which have 2 winters and ~4K miles on them. Full service history is available and listed below. Obviously there is not much due to the low mileage of the vehicle. PPI welcome at the buyer’s expense.

Cosmetic condition is excellent both inside an out. 9/10 outside – a few rock chips which I will document in the pictures, and some light swirling in the paint from washing. 9/10 inside – only flaws are some indents in the leather of the back passenger side seat from my son’s car seat which I will document in the pictures. Vehicle is garage kept. I truly believe this is about the nicest '15 STI base you'll find.

The vehicle does have a lien on it from Chase Bank. Car is based in Denver, CO and for a local sale I’m glad to drive to a mutually convenient Chase branch to carry out the transaction. For a non-local sale the transaction will be carried out through an escrow service to protect both parties, and I will split the cost (~$250) with the buyer 50/50.

Asking $31,500 OBO. No trades as the reason for sale is a new vehicle incoming.

I have a both a Carmax and KBB instant cash offers in hand for ~$29.5K. Those offers do not include the Weds, which I can get at least $1K for on the local Craigslist in a day or two. Since I can essentially walk into the nearest Carmax and walk out with my money in 30 minutes, there isn't a ton of wiggle room on price. Would really love to see it go to another enthusiast though. Will consider selling with only the OEM Enkies and winter tires for $30,500.

Service History Available
• 10/16/15; 5152 Miles – Full synthetic oil change, new oil filter
• 12/16/15 – Winter tires purchased from Tirerack
• 12/21/15; 5721 Miles – Winter tires mounted on OEM wheels and installed on car
• 3/31/16; 7601 Miles – OEM Dunlops mounted on Weds, winter wheels and tires swapped out
• 9/23/16; 9774 Miles – Full synthetic oil change, new oil filter, 12K mile inspection = inspected tires (>50% thread remaining – highest possible rating), brake linings (>50% life remaining – highest possible rating), check and top off all fluids (all OK), check drive belts, steering, suspension, etc. (all OK)

Note: for the 2nd winter I just swapped the wheels and tires in my garage. Estimating similar mileage on the winter tires for 2nd winter as for the 1st (~2K). Remaining miles are all on the OEM Dunlops.

Please email: cgaites@tepper.cmu.edu or PM if interested.

This photos is from last fall. I will post detailed current photos tonight once my kids go to bed.

Last edited by cgaites; 08-06-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:28 PM
Viajero
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Beautiful example! GLWS!
Old 07-23-2017, 07:58 PM
Double Z
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Nice. GLWS
Old 07-23-2017, 08:57 PM
viprklr
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You might want to consider some high-res pics. That's what will sell this car.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:20 AM
cgaites
Rennlist Member

Thank you for the positive comments

Lots of pictures here on the NASIOC for sale thread:
https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2847072

Some of the highlights:

Name:  w3WF9th.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  2.68 MB

Name:  gCjpPtB.jpg
Size:  3.00 MB

Name:  pyekxJf.jpg
Size:  3.25 MB

Name:  yH4T3Eq.jpg
Size:  877.4 KB

Name:  fUzMkt9.jpg
Size:  675.8 KB

Name:  AcQdN2T.jpg
Size:  1.77 MB
Old 07-24-2017, 10:45 AM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice, GLWS.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:40 AM
CP911
Rennlist Member

For those looking at these cars, they are fantastic. I have not driven the STI, but I just sold my '16 WRX 6 speed (for financial/life reasons) and man what a chassis/suspension combo did that thing have! The motor on the standard WRX left a little to be desired in terms of how it revs and its ability to deal with heat on the track, but it was still an extremely fun and 100% reliable DD for me. I'm sure the STI, despite having the "outdated" EJ25 motor, would provide a better on-track experience without the overheating issues while still maintaining DD capabilities. It's the suspension and handling, however, that really shines with these new WRX cars. Shifting, clutch, and steering action are all superb as well.

Just wanted to chime in since this is mainly a Porsche forum, and I thought it might be helpful to fellow Porsche owners if they got some feedback from someone who has owned both cars. I will end my rant by saying my WRX did a lot of things better than my 997.1 C2S, FWIW.

GLWS, OP!

Cheers!
Old 07-24-2017, 10:26 PM
cgaites
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the positive feedback on these Subies.

Realize the Venn diagram of Porsche owners and those looking for a economy car based rally machine shows limited overlap, but these really are great cars once you get over the image the big wing and hood scoop put out. It's an open question in my mind whether or not my incoming 997.2 C2 will be more capable point to point then the STI. What is not an open question is the STIs ability to swallow three kids + car seats + gear for a trip up to the mountains will not be equaled by the Carrera.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:10 PM
cgaites
Rennlist Member

Midweek bump.

Some interest from Nasioc, but only serious buyer to date has been unable to secure financing.

Changing pricing to OBO. 911 is supposed to arrive later today and it makes me sad to think of my car ending up at CarMax next weekend. I would feel much better about it going to a fellow enthusiast. Not going to give it away for less than what the dealerships are offering, but will seriously consider any offer that starts with a 3 and has 5 digits.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:44 PM
Katanashi
Track Day

Always a Subie fan since I got a 2000 2.5RS coupe as my daily and my first car. Perhaps you can hold it longer if you got parking outside and find an ethusiast.
GLWS and congrats on the 911 arriving. Did you custom order it?
Old 07-29-2017, 12:48 AM
cgaites
Rennlist Member

Planning to bring the car to Car's & Coffee with a for sale sign next weekend. If no interest by mid-next week I think I'll have to either go back to a dealer or find somewhere to consign it. For now my autocross Miata has been banished to the driveway. Unfortunately the Miata's roof is not 100% water tight so that isn't a long term solution.

To answer your question, the 911 wasn't a custom order. It's a CPO 2010 C2, and was one of only three manual, CPO 997.2s in the whole western US that was in my budget. I'd been looking at 997.1 C2S's, but spooked myself by reading too many IMS and bore scoring stories on the forums. Fortunately this one proved to be in fantastic condition, so I pulled the trigger and had it shipped.

Anyone know a good place to consign a car in the Denver or Boulder areas?
Old 07-29-2017, 01:13 AM
Katanashi
Track Day

Glad to hear it you manage to find a CPO 2010 C2 within your budget and a manual one too. Ah sorry to hear your Miata is outside. Out here in California we don't worry about rain as much.
I wonder if you garage is big enough to put a lift like this Youtuber:

He was able to squeeze 3 cars into his garage. GLWS Sadly I'm dealing with own issue on car so just window shopping.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:24 AM
eddielasvegas
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Want to sell your SBY?

Eddie

Quick Reply: FS - 2015 Subaru WRX STI