Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Blue 1990 Porsche 928S4 Auto

Old 05-04-2011, 03:59 PM
mrzdallas
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Blue 1990 Porsche 928S4 Auto

Year: 1990
Make: Porsche
Model: 928
Cont. Porsche Models: 928 (all)
Mileage (numbers only please): 190000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Blue
Price (no $ sign please): $9000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Tiptronic
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Due to possibly re-locating and some other life changes its time for us to sell our 928. This has been daily driver for my girl over the last year or so, a great solid reliable car. If you took possession and did nothing for the next year other than drive it you would likely have no problems at all. It could use a few small things detailed below...

Timing belt is good for another 20k+ miles before needing replacement. I have not checked t-bent tension since May of last year but it was fine then. Ac was working but blew a hole in the condenser, I will include a replacent condenser with the sale of the car but it needs to be installed and recharged. I can recharge the AC as it is now but it will only last for a few days before leaking out. You can easily see the hole at the condenser inlet tube where it is leaking.

We purchased the car from Sean (Ratts) and his wife over a year ago and have enjoyed it very much! Several road trips and high speed runs well above 140mph and the car handles very solidly. For its age and mileage it is in good condition. Based on other 928’s with this kind of mileage I would say it’s well above average. Over all and being picky I would rate the cosmetic condition at a 7.5 out of 10. It has a few rock chips, wear on leather, could use new floor mats, has a few dash cracks, all standard stuff for a 928. For a car that is a Daily Driver this car is in GREAT condition. One of the headlamps and fog lights has a rock chip in it. It was like this when I purchased the car and it never bothered me enough to replace them. The powder coat on the engine intake is flaking which is also common for these cars. Mechanically I would say this car is a 9 out of 10. Obviously the AC condenser needs to be replaced, but the alignment and handling of the car is perfect. About the only real mechanical repair I would suggest is replacing the oil pan gasket with a new silicone gasket. It currently has the original cork gasket and is seeping very slowly. I would not call it a leak but every now and then when it gets really hot you can smell a drop or two of oil hit the exhaust and burn off.

It has a rear muffler bypass installed, upgraded Derlin Steering Rack Bushing, new BFG front tires (will need new rear tires soon), rear wiper delete, 17” turbo twist wheels (genuine Porsche) with a few scuffs, new window guides on drivers side, new battery in January, new headlamps and signal lamps. It also has an upgraded 5speed look leather shifter, not the dated T handle automatic shifter that was standard in this car. I also replaced the AC blower motor last summer, and replaced the T-Belt shortly after we purchased the car.

Oil was last changed about 2,000 miles ago and I will include one new oil filter with purchase. I have some additional spare parts and a set of workshop manuals that I will also include if sold to a reenlist member.

Other than replacing the condenser, it could also use new window guides on the passenger side. I did the driver’s side myself and it took less than an hour to complete and I think the parts were about $40. The passenger side window goes up and down fine but sometimes it sticks due to worn guides. It also needs a new Hatch Receiver Liner (Less than $30).

If I keep the GPS Stereo head unit I will deduct $500 from the price of the car. The speakers installed in the car are not that great, but they are what was in the car when I purchased. I stuck the current head unit in and did not have time for any other audio upgrades.

As I said this is a solid reliable daily driver car. From 5’ away it looks fantastic but it’s not a show or collectors car. This is the 7th 928 I have owned and has been completely problem free for me other than a few very minor details as mentioned.

We have a clear title on hand and ready to pass this car on to a new owner. If you are interested or have any questions please contact laura@dhsystems.net and one of us will get back to you quickly.

If not sold by this weekend I will upload some photos.
Attached Images  

Last edited by mrzdallas; 05-14-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blue 1990 Porsche 928S4 Auto