Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1985 Audi Ur-Quattro 20V

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 02:37 AM
AfroThunder
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1985 Audi Ur-Quattro 20V

Year: 1985
Make: Audi
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 209008
Color: Zermatt Silver
VIN: WAUDC0851FA901256
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Turbo
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

1985 Audi Ur-Quattro 20V
Zermatt Silver (code Y7Y7) / Black Leather (code YN)

You're looking at a 1985 Audi Ur-Quattro finished in Zermatt Silver with Black Leather. This car is an outstanding example of a Ur-Quattro. In 1985 there were a total of 73 imported to the United States. This car was one of the USA production cars built in June of 1985. It started as a European Delivery car where the owner was in the military in Europe before he brought it home to his residence in California.

If you are looking at this car, then you are most likely familiar with the history of the Ur-Quattro and how it came about production for the Groupe “B” Class of rallying of the 80’s. The manufacturer was purposed with pushing the technology and mechanicals to the limits of the day and produced some of the most powerful and sophisticated cars ever seen. At the top came the Audi with the limited production Audi Ur-Quattro, which came to complete dominate the Groupe “B” Rally World. With close to 500 hp and employing legendary drivers like Michelle Mouton, Walter Rohrl and Ari Vatenen to name some, Audi took on the Rally World.

Utter dominance of the Groupe “B” Class, it was so complete, the cars so powerful, that it led to the end of the Groupe “B” Class. Fortunately for us mere mortals, Audi was required to produce a limited number of street versions of these exotic cars to Homologate them for race use as a requirement for qualifications for Group “B”. Only a very limited number of Audi Ur-Quattro’s were produced and even fewer were imported to the United States. For US production, there were 238 produced in 1983, 64 produced in 1984 and 73 in 1985.

Approximately 5 years ago and 3,000 miles ago, this particular example went through extensive modifications and reengineering to an extremely high standard using the 1991 20v Ur-Quattro as the basis for the modifications. Modifications have been made to the engine, suspension, brakes and interior to offer a level of performance, refinement and handling unimaginable in its day while maintaining all comforts and reliability needed for daily street use while offering stunning performance. The car is estimated to be putting out 310hp and approximately 265 lbs/ft of torque and is extremely fast. The car starts on the first turn of the key and comes to a perfect idle. The modified exhaust sounds outstanding outside but is very subtle with no droning on the interior, just the nice turbo 5 cylinder burble we come to expect from a car like this.

The interior remains in excellent condition with most of it being original except for the modifications listed below. Everything works as it should, and as the pictures show, very little wear is visible on any surface. The dash has no cracks, all glass is free of scratches and is correct and the carpets look almost new and the headliner has no sagging or discoloration. The gauges all work properly included the additional ones and the window motors are quick and work perfectly. The exterior is equally as nice with much of its paint remaining original showing good shine and depth with a little dullness on the roof and sunroof. There are a few small marks on the bumpers, but overall is very good. The rear spoiler is a factory spoiler finished in gloss black and the wheels are finished in their factory color of Zermatt Silver and are in excellent condition. The Headlights are a European conversion without any cracks or wear and they light up the road much brighter than the US headlights ever did. The engine bay with its 20v engine looks very close to a stock 20v quattro with things neat and tidy and placed properly and the trunk is clean as well with no stains or worn carpet and looks like it should. The car comes with a binder with many invoices, its original tools, jack, books and a clean Carfax.

There are many detailed pictures below, showing the exterior, interior, engine bay, trunk (and underside in my imgur link below).

Here is a list of the majority of modifications and enhancements that have been completed (all within 3,000 miles ago or less).

Engine and Transmission Modifications:

- Engine block 1994 Audi AAN 2.2 litre 20 valve inline 5 cylinder
- Honed Cylinders, new Rod Bearings and new Valve Guides
- New Cam Chain, Belts, Water Pump and Chain Tensioners
- ARP Cylinder Head Studs
- K24 Turbocharger
- 7A Cams and Oil Pan
- 3B Water Manifold and Intake (more flow than an RS2 Manifold)
- HKS Foam Cone Filter
- Setrab Oil Cooler
- New Cam Sensors, New RPM and Timing Probes
- Firewall mounted Coil Kit
- New OEM Starter
- 034 Motorsport Phenolic Intake Spacer
- 034 Motorsport Medium Density Engine, Transmission and Rear Differential Mounts
- Audi 200 Quattro 034 Motorsport Spec Clutch Kit and Short Shift Kit
- AAN Fuel Rail with integrated Fuel Pressure Regulator
- New Fuel Pump and Injectors
- 034 Full Stage 1+ Custom Tuned ECU with upgraded software
- Upgraded Waste Gate Spring (raising the boost to a peak of 20 psi)
- 3” Custom Mandrel Bent Exhaust with Black Tips

Electrical System:

- New OEM Wiring Harness
- Stock factory AAN Engine Harness integrated into the OEM Electrical Platform
- All new Relays added and Connections Heat Shrink for safety and reliability
- OE Copper Connectors where applicable
- The electrical layout mimics a factory Ur-S4 layout (with relays, breakers, etc. behind the glove box)

Cooling System:

- Ron Davis Radiator with Auxiliary Radiator Delete
- Apikol Intercooler

Suspension, Tires and Wheels:

- Bilstein Shocks
- H & R Lowering Springs
- 034 Sway Bar Bushings and Delrin Control Arm Bushings
- 034 Aluminum Subframe Bushings
- TOYO Proxes RA1 Tires on Factory Ronal R8 8” X 15” Wheels

Brakes:

- OEM Audi 4000Q Vacuum Booster
- OEM Audi V8 Master Cylinder
- Porsche Boxster Front Brake Calipers and Upgraded Brake Pads
- Audi Ur-S4 Rear Brake Calipers and Upgraded Brake Pads
- Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Interior/Exterior:

- Additional Gauges include, Audi Coolant Temp, VDO for Boost Pressure, Oil Pressure and Voltage
- Recaro Trophy Black Front Sport Seats
- Personal Fitipaldi Steering Wheel
- Custom Floor Mats
- Alpine Head Unit and upgraded Speakers
- European H4 Headlights
- Smoked front Turn Signal Lenses
- Factory Gloss Black Rear Spoiler

This car must be driven to truly appreciate the performance, the handling and how modern it truly feels on the road. It feels so fresh like it just came off the showroom with more performance and tuning than they could have dreamt of when it was new, it's super dialed in and hands down the best 20V I've ever driven.

For a full gallery of interior, exterior, and underside shots, please visit my imgur link as the images are too large to upload on this thread: https://imgur.com/a/BASPzSt

Watch a video production of the car here!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the car or if you'd like to reach out to talk about the car. Thank you for viewing.

Last edited by AfroThunder; 11-27-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:26 AM
robroy72
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hot damn, I always loved those cars!
Old 11-17-2018, 11:19 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

do you have any emissions issues with this car? as an audi dealer i LOVE IT
Old 11-17-2018, 02:53 PM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Oh man - wow. What a car - this was one of the cars I wanted when I was a teen. They were too expensive for me when I got my DL and just loved these. I need more garage space.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:43 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice car!
I owned an '83 for years. Went like stink in bad weather.
I still have vivid memories of watching a pair of TransAm Quattros leap out of T5 at Rd America past everything else!
GL!
Old 11-19-2018, 10:14 AM
AfroThunder
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robroy72
Hot damn, I always loved those cars!
Thanks! I like to think a proper, dialed in 20V is a good choice

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
do you have any emissions issues with this car? as an audi dealer i LOVE IT
No emissions issues, no lights or running rough/rich/lean. Emissions system in this thing is super dialed in, thanks for the compliment!! Love your stores, and your inventory.

Originally Posted by Misplacedyankee
Oh man - wow. What a car - this was one of the cars I wanted when I was a teen. They were too expensive for me when I got my DL and just loved these. I need more garage space.
Right?! Definitely on the list of nostalgic cars for a lot of folks, myself included! I wish I grabbed mine when they were even more attainable than they are now - and even still, they continue to climb!

Originally Posted by GTEE3
Nice car!
I owned an '83 for years. Went like stink in bad weather.
I still have vivid memories of watching a pair of TransAm Quattros leap out of T5 at Rd America past everything else!
GL!
Thanks for sharing!! That is just super cool. Hearing stories like that just makes me wonder, will Audi enthusiasts be looking back at my B8.5 RS5 the same way they're regarding the UrQ in general?

Quick Reply: 1985 Audi Ur-Quattro 20V