Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB: 993 C2S OR C4S THE BEST OF THE BEST

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 09:35 AM
Porschmich
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Year: 1997
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 1000
Color: ANY
Price (no $ sign please): $100000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Now this is a car: http://canepa.com/photo-gallery/1998...e-993-c2s5764/

One of the best 993s I've seen...and likely priced accordingly. My guess is high $130s, if not more. Price inquiry in.
Always seems to have nice cars and checks them over and seem to fix any problems before he sells them. Don't know about the paint thing someone else talked about. If you look on his website he only wants
C2S cars not the C4S. My guess would be north of 175,000.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:59 AM
Jerry991
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I remember Canepa had an MGB for sale and they wanted somewhere around $50K for it which was probably double what any MGB had ever sold for.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:55 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by dak125
'98 C2S with 258 miles. Ocean Blue on Grey . Still has the covers on the seats!
What's with the upside down pics?? Thought these cars were meant to be driven..
Old 03-19-2018, 02:18 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by NBoost
Save yourself some airfare and have someone local put a paint meter on it before flying out there. Bruce runs a lot of cars through his paint booth before they hit his showroom. I wouldn't buy an air filter from that guy.

It is a sad state of affairs that I hear that kind of comment about a majority of purveyors of air-cooled Porsches--not all of them, just too many of them. Why don't these people understand that reputation matters. As Warren Buffet likes to say, it takes a long time to build a good/great reputation and just moments to wreck one.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:32 PM
NBoost
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

He doesn't fix anything that actually needs to be fixed, just cosmetics. Look at the undercarriage of his cars, all the cosmoline is removed, new rubber and fittings. He doesn't fix major leaks, I can assure you of that. I bought a PTS 964 from him two years ago after letting him talk me out of putting a meter on it. Lol, really dumb move on my part I admit. Anyway, he had sprayed the entire car to cover up a few rock chips. The car leaked from the main seal and the AC condenser was leaking, both big $ labor jobs. I spoke to many others who had gone through similar ordeals with him. He's a crook who owns the world's most expensive chop shop.

Originally Posted by Porschmich
Always seems to have nice cars and checks them over and seem to fix any problems before he sells them. Don't know about the paint thing someone else talked about. If you look on his website he only wants
C2S cars not the C4S. My guess would be north of 175,000.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:10 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 289 Posts

OP Hasn't posted in a while. Was this a fishing expo? Some great cars- especially the 98 C2s with 258 miles- if that's not "best of the Best" then what is??
Old 03-19-2018, 06:16 PM
L39E
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 127 Posts

He was looking for hardbacks recently so I think he may have found his car.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:43 PM
koby
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the help as well...

just to thanks to everyone who’s been posting leads.

I too have been in the mkt and looking at the cars posted here. Though not looking at quite the prestine examples (as the ocean blue 230mile car), im after low mileage single owner cars to drive.

OP May have found his car, but appreciate everyone’s help here as well! Thanks in advance!
Old 03-19-2018, 09:00 PM
L39E
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 127 Posts

Assuming the OP found his car, we should probably stop bumping this thread and move the discussion and leads over to the Great American 993's for Sale + Price Discussion thread on the 993 board.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:36 PM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

I want to take this opportunity to thank the entire RL community for all the advice, assistance and leads in helping me find the car I ultimately purchased. It did take a lot longer than I had expected but being patient and waiting for what I knew was the right car was ultimately the right decision. For those looking now, just know that I had looked at three other cars seriously and had 3 PPI's done that all turned up issues, some disclosed others not. It is ok to walk away if it doesn't meet your expectations. It is true that there are fewer and fewer "great" cars out there and by that I mean they don't have to have 10k miles to be great. I looked at a car with close to 80k miles that was in amazing condition but just wasn't what I was looking for in the end. Everyone's idea of the perfect car is different. The last piece of advice I would give to anyone and for me the most important is "buy the seller" not the car. The car I purchased below was because the seller was open, transparent and communicative. He answered every question, sent me everything I asked for immediately and was willing to go above and beyond to make the transaction smooth and easy. I wish everyone the best of luck in their search. For me, this is a dream come true and something I have been working for my whole life. I can't wait to enjoy the car!

Quick Reply: WTB: 993 C2S OR C4S THE BEST OF THE BEST