Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory 1988 Porsche 944 Anniversary Edition 1 of 250 US Models in Zermatt Silver

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 08:07 PM
roll_the_dice
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Year: 1988
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Cont. Porsche Models: 944
Mileage (numbers only please): 48000
Color: Zermatt Silver
VIN: WP0AB0942JN470796
Price (no $ sign please): $30000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Originally Posted by KEVIN ANDERSON
The interior is awesome and the whole car basically looks like it arrived in a time machine from 1988. The only problem is that when it comes down to it. It's a 158 HP 944 N/A with a price tag of $30,000. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, it's a great car. It's just a tough sell at $30,000. Only the most affluent 944 collector is going to pay that for a 1988 944 N/A when you can get a Turbo S in basically the same condition for that price
Thanks for the free bump.

As you can surmise, I am the owner of this 944. I guess we differ in how I view this car. Where you see 158 HP car, I see a rare original Porsche in great condition. One of 250 built for the US and one of 407 worldwide. You compare it to a Turbo S, Unless I am mistaken, but I think more Turbo S models were made. I believe it was in the range of 1600 worldwide. I have read that over 25000 Turbos were made worldwide.

This car is not meant to appeal to everyone or the big HP crowd, but a Porsche enthusiast that loves the history of Porsche and the rarity of this particular car. As Jon stated, the price is OBO and since one with 10k more miles sold recently for the same money, I think the data is there for the price point in the condition and mileage on the car.

I have spoken to PCNA about acquiring this car, but they are not allowed to purchase vehicles...even though they would love to have it on display. I am toying with the idea of loaning it to them for display for a while. Again this car won't appeal to everyone, but it appealed to me when I purchased it and it will find a good loving home.

Again, I thank you for your bump.

Andy
Old 05-11-2017, 12:03 PM
OvertonAutomotive
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

^I just went to the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta. In the museum portion of it they did have a lot of cars they have been loaned.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:23 PM
KEVIN ANDERSON
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did not mean to knock your price, the car or any disrespect what so ever. The car is awesome, no doubt about it. I just meant that it may be a tough sell. But that's just my worthless opinion. Thanks! Kevin
Old 05-12-2017, 05:25 PM
KEVIN ANDERSON
Racer

It really does look like it belongs in the Porsche Museum
Old 05-12-2017, 07:43 PM
KEVIN ANDERSON
Racer

I'll put it this way. If I was wealthy enough to have the high performance Porsches, I would buy your car in a second. Not even because so few were made. I just love the interior color pattern and I love zermatt silver
Old 05-24-2017, 06:55 PM
roll_the_dice
Rennlist Member

Bump for a great car...
Old 06-01-2017, 10:02 PM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What a great Jubilee/Celebration 944 !
That interior is in stunning shape; few may know the exact replacement cloth is no longer available.
-The special silver carpet was only available in these editions.
-Wheels are staggered 16 inch Phone dials; 7 & 8s.
-Nearly all Jubilees were optioned the same; that split rear seat and matching rear hatch cover ( also non existent new or used ) were used across the entire black or silver Jubilees. Some even came with a phone, as mine originally did. I own a Satin Black Metallic only a few serial #s off of yours. It is also all original with about 10,000 more miles.

These are very unique 944s which surpass the usual thoughts regarding 'collectability' of a normally aspirated Porsche. Personally, I would never take what you are asking for yours.... but then mine isn't, nor will it be in the foreseeable future.

Do you have the special Jubilee/Celebration medallion which came in the glovebox of these special editions ?

GLWS ( if it were me, I wouldn't be selling it )
(-;
Old 06-03-2017, 09:00 AM
roll_the_dice
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrgreenjeans
What a great Jubilee/Celebration 944 !
That interior is in stunning shape; few may know the exact replacement cloth is no longer available.
-The special silver carpet was only available in these editions.
-Wheels are staggered 16 inch Phone dials; 7 & 8s.
-Nearly all Jubilees were optioned the same; that split rear seat and matching rear hatch cover ( also non existent new or used ) were used across the entire black or silver Jubilees. Some even came with a phone, as mine originally did. I own a Satin Black Metallic only a few serial #s off of yours. It is also all original with about 10,000 more miles.

These are very unique 944s which surpass the usual thoughts regarding 'collectability' of a normally aspirated Porsche. Personally, I would never take what you are asking for yours.... but then mine isn't, nor will it be in the foreseeable future.

Do you have the special Jubilee/Celebration medallion which came in the glovebox of these special editions ?

GLWS ( if it were me, I wouldn't be selling it )
(-;
Thanks MrGreenJeans...I appreciate the kind words. It is with reluctance I sell it. You are correct in your assessment...these are very unique Porsches and very misunderstood.

I have seen pictures of your Celebration Edition and it is beautiful.

Unfortunately, I do not have the medallion. I am on the hunt for one, so if you ever see one for sale, please contact me. I had found one, but it was not in the best condition. In hindsight, I should have purchased it anyway. I haven't seen one for sale since.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:30 AM
roll_the_dice
Rennlist Member

Bump...let's get this beautiful car sold.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:02 AM
KEVIN ANDERSON
Racer

Well, we know that the Flux Capacitor on this car works fine because it just jumped from 1988
Old 06-17-2017, 11:12 AM
OvertonAutomotive
Former Vendor

^ Love it.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:46 AM
KEVIN ANDERSON
Racer

That has the coolest interior of any 944 that I have ever seen. I used to think the Silver Rose was the best but this is way cooler. I would love to copy the interior for my car
Old 06-26-2017, 06:05 PM
OvertonAutomotive
Former Vendor

Absolutely. I've only seen two like it ever.

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory 1988 Porsche 944 Anniversary Edition 1 of 250 US Models in Zermatt Silver