Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 CAYMAN GT4 AVAILABLE SOLD

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 06:26 PM
epsdan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Mileage (numbers only please): 20
Color: White
Price (no $ sign please): $104425
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH
This amazing car has found her new owner! Off to another Rennlisters garage!!

Thanks for all of the comments and support guys

I see what you did there - "...comments and support..."

Congrats to all involved.

Dan
Old 07-28-2015, 06:44 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

$10k over is a good deal in this current market. Congrats! Last I heard any available GT4's are fetching $20k plus over in the Los Angeles area.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:07 PM
kab1994
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 CAYMAN GT4 AVAILABLE SOLD

Originally Posted by audipwr1
I mean take a step back - 997RS selling for 2x msrp and people paying and going crazy

People have had cheap debt thrown into their bank accounts and businesses for 5 years now - people getting these silly IPO valuations and paying 3m in cash for a dump 3 bedroom house in SF that was worth 900k 4 yrs ago

This guy wants to make $10k on a cool car - it just is what it is in this market

Build up your war chest cause the financial market pain is a coming and when it does I'll be a buyer again
You sir are on the money. Stockpiling cash for the next crash, at which point I will build up the toy chest!
Old 07-28-2015, 10:32 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Congrats John.

#TimeToLockThisThreadSeveralPagesAgo
FIFY!
Old 07-29-2015, 02:14 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

I guess it's true - there is a sucker born every minute.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:32 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

One constructive way to look at this, leaving aside the broad distaste for 'gouging above MSRP', is to simply ask oneself... absent anything else, is this car worth $104K to me??

Brand new Porsche, best mid engine Cayman ever, with PAG Motorsport fingerprints, stick shift, rev match, 385-400 HP, 991 GT3 trick front end, sub 3000 lbs. Good color, (not perfect) but very good equipment...

For most of us... if we did not know the MSRP... would absolutely say YES YES YES. Especially with a 991GT3 being $160K... this car is easily 2/3s the car that the GT3 is...maybe even more fun to drive when used in the way it's designers intended...
Old 07-29-2015, 05:21 AM
halik
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Supply and demand; I'm still shocked that people do pay the "market adjustment" or whatever is the euphemism for it, but this does happen quite often.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:49 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Most franchise agreements forbid charging over MSRP on a new car. If had to guess, this dealer sold the car to a friend for the sole purpose of them buying it back and splitting the profit. Pretty common practice in the car business for a hot car. I believe it gets them out of the franchise rules since now the car is considered "used".

I don't understand why Porsche just doesn't build more. Obviously the demand is there.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:33 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan87951
Most franchise agreements forbid charging over MSRP on a new car. If had to guess, this dealer sold the car to a friend for the sole purpose of them buying it back and splitting the profit. Pretty common practice in the car business for a hot car. I believe it gets them out of the franchise rules since now the car is considered "used".

I don't understand why Porsche just doesn't build more. Obviously the demand is there.
Now you need to STFU too!

You're making stuff up (selling to a friend and buying back). The seller already stated how the car became available for re-selling.

And a trip to your local library or university law library will tell you that no manufacturer can tell a seller or retailer what price an item must sell for.

But I guess it's just easier for you to pull things out of your ***.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:19 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Now you need to STFU too!

You're making stuff up (selling to a friend and buying back). The seller already stated how the car became available for re-selling.

And a trip to your local library or university law library will tell you that no manufacturer can tell a seller or retailer what price an item must sell for.

But I guess it's just easier for you to pull things out of your ***.
Anyone know what this guys problem is? Does he have some kind of vested interested with this seller? Sounds like he runs his house like a dictatorship...

Yea, I believe the story on this GT4 as much as I believe the story on the yellow 2004 GT3 that ended up being for sale a week later at a Volvo dealer in Cailfornia and was supposedly "off to another rennlister's garage".

Fellas things aren't always as they seem. Tread carefully out there lots of silly money being thrown around on Porsche's lately.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:10 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan87951
Anyone know what this guys problem is? Does he have some kind of vested interested with this seller? Sounds like he runs his house like a dictatorship...

Yea, I believe the story on this GT4 as much as I believe the story on the yellow 2004 GT3 that ended up being for sale a week later at a Volvo dealer in Cailfornia and was supposedly "off to another rennlister's garage".

Fellas things aren't always as they seem. Tread carefully out there lots of silly money being thrown around on Porsche's lately.
Unless you have hard facts, I'd suggest you keep your musings to yourself. I certainly don't think people on this forum want or need you to protect them from themselves. Plus it's rude at best to accuse a dealer or anyone for that matter of lying or deceit based on what you suspect or believe to be the facts. They are free to offer up vehicles for sale at any price. People are free to pay for said vehicles at any price. It's a free world and a free market. If you don't like the price, fine. I highly doubt youre in the market for a GT4 or even know that market. You just here as the self anointed protector of us innocent lambs?
Old 07-29-2015, 11:23 AM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Congrats John.

#TimeToLockThisThread
Ok guys I'll be the one to have the 101 post..

Thanks for the interesting conversation and we'll see you on the next one!

Quick Reply: 2016 CAYMAN GT4 AVAILABLE SOLD