Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2015 918 Spyder Dark Blue Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 10:26 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Year: 2015
Make: Porsche
Model: Carrera GT
Mileage (numbers only please): 542
Color: Dark Blue Metallic
VIN: WP0CA2A18FS800717
Price (no $ sign please): $1350000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Targa
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Other
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

traffic53

u can vent of course
I don't have the money to buy $600,000 RS 4.0 and no one offered me that kind of money for mine either. if someone does, I'll make sure plenty of that goes to charity.
but there had been two offers on a particular RS at that number and was rejected. not bc the seller was an ahole, but bc he likes his 4.0 and felt no interest to sell. it was an offer I persoanlly brought from one business associate to a friend of mine. I'm fully aware that the buyer was real and could wire as soon as the seller would agree to sell. it was not an offer to buy at any price. offer stopped at $600, didn't go higher.

believable or not, it doesn't really matter.
how one uses his car: concourse, back roads, car n coffee, track, object to stare at.... it's all good. as long as they are happy...
Old 03-31-2015, 02:45 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

WTF guys

Good luck to the OP
Old 03-31-2015, 04:09 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
WTF guys

Good luck to the OP
^^^This.

Not sure why folks have to "****" all over someone's price and a sponsor-dealer no less. At least the seller posted pics and a description.

Last time I checked, supply and demand will take care of the price. BTW, I love these cars.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:19 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Folks, relax, he apologized for the comments that some of us considered offensive. You're re-hashing an old thread, almost.

The car can be priced however they want, but remember, it is offers that end up sealing the deal. If you're a serious buyer, offer what you think is reasonable, and see where it goes. Granted, it is tough when the original asking price is so far from what you think is reasonable, but the worst you'll get is "No" or "Can't, but how about $X?"

For the record, I've done business with PNH before (not John, specifically), and they've been quite reasonable with serious buyers.

Good luck with the sale, John.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:21 AM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
If you're going to show your lack of class by questioning Mooty's integrity, at least show your intellect, and spell his name correct.
oh, please. did you and the guy who's "deeply offended" share a cab ride to this thread? "barely believable" means believable, but just barely. glad to see you were able to absorb the meat and potatoes of my comment.

Originally Posted by mooty
traffic53

u can vent of course
I don't have the money to buy $600,000 RS 4.0 and no one offered me that kind of money for mine either. if someone does, I'll make sure plenty of that goes to charity.
but there had been two offers on a particular RS at that number and was rejected. not bc the seller was an ahole, but bc he likes his 4.0 and felt no interest to sell. it was an offer I persoanlly brought from one business associate to a friend of mine. I'm fully aware that the buyer was real and could wire as soon as the seller would agree to sell. it was not an offer to buy at any price. offer stopped at $600, didn't go higher.

believable or not, it doesn't really matter.
how one uses his car: concourse, back roads, car n coffee, track, object to stare at.... it's all good. as long as they are happy...
one of the other guys is offended for you that i misspelled your handle. i think we worked it out. i used your story to strengthen my point about over-valued cars. that said, i think your anecdote is misleading. i don't doubt that you have a business friend throwing around big offers to some other friend. but it's just a story about a guy who won't sell and a guy who doesn't know better. it's not representative of anything other than that. the difference is this: at $350k, the 4.0 is still in a borderline situation where a reasonable person might say yes. after $350k, the line is drawn and now you're no longer using reasonable criteria to make equipment decisions. doesn't make it wrong by any stretch to pay $600k for a GT3, but you can't use it as an example to demonstrate anything other than human silliness. maybe even a bit of machismo. moral and ethical considerations aside, it's not too different from offering some guy a million dollars to sleep with his wife.

918 is the same. the value of the machine is subjective at this point, as it so grossly exceeds the cost of other machines that more or less do the same thing. the OP was absolutely spot on to remark "what's another couple hundred grand" or whatever. he's right. in a subjective scenario like this, might as well ask 2 million because nobody could, with a straight face, say the 918 is worth $1.4mil, but not 2.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Quicker10u
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
I will say this, I've had awesome experiences buying from Porsche of North Houston. I don't know John Wright, however.

@John, I have some advice for you from someone who is capable of buying multiple Porsches, has bought multiple Porsches (including some from PNH), and still owns a multitude of them. Don't ever say to someone capable of buying a 918 Spyder, or any of these types of cars (even a $100k 911, for that matter): "When you're spending this much, what's another $X thousand?"

No matter how wealthy I am, if I had that attitude with my wealth, I wouldn't stay wealthy for long. This applies to millionaires, billionaires, and thousandaires alike.

Saying that to me is an instant turn-off, and deeply offensive. I worked hard to get to where I am today, as you no doubt have, as well. Respect me, and I'll respect you.

Respect, and earn a loyal customer.
Well Put...Couldn't have said it better myself...

And if all else fails, just post it in the Dubai section of the classifieds...

Ken
Old 04-03-2015, 04:33 PM
marz7490
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1.3m for no Weissach? Silly.

Quick Reply: 2015 918 Spyder Dark Blue Metallic