Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Fresh! 911S 1977 For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 02:42 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 1977
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 75000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Foglamps, Leather Seats, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Guards red
VIN: 9117201246
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): West
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Email received.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:25 AM
JabsZA
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good evening. Can you tell me whether this scorned (scorned because it seems it's being bullied without just cause) beauty is still available? I'm new to the forum...first time buyer, but this could be a perfect specimen for introduction.

Could you email me mjablonskisa@gmail.com
Old 01-28-2015, 01:04 PM
Garmo29
7th Gear

Default A clarification

Gentlemen, and any ladies present, I am the most recent prospective purchaser. I am the guy who ordered the PPI.

After reading the OP comments as to why this car is back on the market I feel I should present my side of the story.

I used the OP's porsche mechanic to do the inspection. He came up with several items on the car. When presenting these items to the OP I offered what I was willing to pay for the car in the then current condition. That was not acceptable to OP. No problem. We then discussed that I would consider the car at his asking price if he fixed the issues identified with the car. He replied that he did not want to fix everything identified with the car, but still wanted his asking price.

I then told OP I would expect some sort of reduction from the asking price if he was not going to fix all the items. He then got all pissy with me thinking I expected him to go fix everything and then thought I would try to re-negotiate the deal. I did no such thing, my conditions were laid out ahead of time. I keep my word.

Next communication from OP was to state the he was going to have most, but not all of the things fixed and now the price was $1500 more. So essentially he did what he was accusing me of. I declined to continue with him.

If anyone wants the original PPI, I will offer it up. But since it turned out to be wasted, I would want to recover some of my costs on it.

PM me if interested.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:36 PM
MTNRIDE
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That's correct

Originally Posted by Garmo29
Gentlemen, and any ladies present, I am the most recent prospective purchaser. I am the guy who ordered the PPI.

After reading the OP comments as to why this car is back on the market I feel I should present my side of the story.

I used the OP's porsche mechanic to do the inspection. He came up with several items on the car. When presenting these items to the OP I offered what I was willing to pay for the car in the then current condition. That was not acceptable to OP. No problem. We then discussed that I would consider the car at his asking price if he fixed the issues identified with the car. He replied that he did not want to fix everything identified with the car, but still wanted his asking price.

I then told OP I would expect some sort of reduction from the asking price if he was not going to fix all the items. He then got all pissy with me thinking I expected him to go fix everything and then thought I would try to re-negotiate the deal. I did no such thing, my conditions were laid out ahead of time. I keep my word.

Next communication from OP was to state the he was going to have most, but not all of the things fixed and now the price was $1500 more. So essentially he did what he was accusing me of. I declined to continue with him.

If anyone wants the original PPI, I will offer it up. But since it turned out to be wasted, I would want to recover some of my costs on it.

PM me if interested.
I certainly don't have any problem with the information Gary provided here. Other than the "pissy" part. I suppose when we disagree with offers, we are considered pissy. But not for any shallow reasons. That's fine.

The PPI had a list of many small items (easily taken care of), the paint work and a part replacement (transmission tail shaft had a broken speedo connection housing). It did not affect the function but I've had it replaced with new parts (about $1000 P&L). Paint repairs will cost me north of $2500. I wanted to do this work to make the car as nice as possible. I was and am not willing to do all this and still sell the car for the same price or less. Gary decided to pass. Not a problem. The car is for sale at $28,000 today with the nearly $4000 of additional items completed bringing the car to a higher level and value .

I do not have any problem with parties who might want to purchase his PPI report. Of course I am also happy to disclose everything done to answer the items shown in the PPI.
The PPI report belongs to Gary however so I may not and will not publish it.

All to say the car has been professionally evaluated and corrected inside and out becoming a much better value. Interested parties are invited to make their own assessments. You won't be disappointed. No sides, just understanding what one buyer feels is (or is not) a value for him. Gary's was a gentlemen and offered what he was willing to pay under the circumstances. I declined. No problem.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:38 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Personally, if I were to buy this or any other car, I would want a new PPI as it stands. But that's just me. The interested party always pays for the PPI in my experience. I have paid for them and not bought cars, too. It's all part of the process.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:48 PM
MTNRIDE
Instructor

Right you are! I agree. The PPI tells you everything you want to learn about any car you're interested in. I too have paid for PPIs and decided the car was not what I was looking for. That IS the process... I don't know any better. ;D
Old 01-29-2015, 07:56 PM
espanolie
Rennlist Member

what a great lil 911s. wish i could add it to my stable, but my wife says no more cars...for now at least. glws
Old 01-29-2015, 08:00 PM
MTNRIDE
Instructor

Default THX

Originally Posted by espanolie
what a great lil 911s. wish i could add it to my stable, but my wife says no more cars...for now at least. glws
Thanks Ric, Interest is high. Showing it tomorrow..
Old 02-01-2015, 08:19 PM
MTNRIDE
Instructor

SOLD...
Old 02-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Congrats!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 01:15 AM