Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Very nice Boxster for quick sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 11:46 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Year: 1999
Make: Porsche
Model: Boxster
Cont. Porsche Models: Boxster
Mileage (numbers only please): 82000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: silver
VIN: wp0c2982xu627929
Price (no $ sign please): $9800
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Cabriolet
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

^ I feel you. the new porsche buyer is not the same ppl we used to be....
Old 09-19-2018, 11:50 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

MB- I buy cars just like you do, no games, no BS. I unfortunately don't find too many buyers like you and me when I go to sell, all people seem to care about any more is getting a good deal. Selling a good car at a fair price no longer seems to be part the equation. Hang in there looks like a great car at an very fair price.

Phil
Old 09-20-2018, 10:03 AM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ I feel you. the new porsche buyer is not the same ppl we used to be....
Mooty. I remember watching you sell GT3's like they were going out of style! The good old days.

Originally Posted by pu911rsr
MB- I buy cars just like you do, no games, no BS. I unfortunately don't find too many buyers like you and me when I go to sell, all people seem to care about any more is getting a good deal. Selling a good car at a fair price no longer seems to be part the equation. Hang in there looks like a great car at an very fair price.Phil
Yes sir. We are a dying breed I think! Long live the 'ol timer!
Old 09-20-2018, 10:22 AM
BF951
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Culture, pace, workload, no idea what really contributes but I find so many people fickle and constantly changing their minds on everything. Character is not the foundation it used to be for a lot of people.
Personally I love your car and think it would be a great long term owner for my about to be licensed 16yr old daughter, but the dad in me thinks she needs a slow Subaru.

When someone steps up it will be a new addition to their family not just a car. Best of luck.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:38 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BF951
Personally I love your car and think it would be a great long term owner for my about to be licensed 16yr old daughter, but the dad in me thinks she needs a slow Subaru.
These early 2.5L 986 Boxsters aren't that quick. They are all about driving a slow car fast, maintaining your momentum, shifting at the right rev ranges, etc.

Between the mid engine design, the fact that the drivers seat is right at the center point of the turning radius, and the wonderfully intuitively spaced gearing of the 5-speed manual transmission, these cars are a joy to drive. Not at all dull and very analog and intuitive. Oh, and it is a convertible with a prancing horse on its crest too...

This would be a superb car to introduce your daughter to the joy of driving sports cars with manual transmissions. Plus she can only take one friend in it at a time, limiting the amount of trouble she might be encouraged to get into.

Just my random unsolicited advice...
Old 09-20-2018, 03:37 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by BF951
Culture, pace, workload, no idea what really contributes but I find so many people fickle and constantly changing their minds on everything. Character is not the foundation it used to be for a lot of people. Personally I love your car and think it would be a great long term owner for my about to be licensed 16yr old daughter, but the dad in me thinks she needs a slow Subaru.
When someone steps up it will be a new addition to their family not just a car. Best of luck.
Great dad! I would luv to see her in this but I get it.

Originally Posted by Spyder_Man
These early 2.5L 986 Boxsters aren't that quick. They are all about driving a slow car fast, maintaining your momentum, shifting at the right rev ranges, etc.
Between the mid engine design, the fact that the drivers seat is right at the center point of the turning radius, and the wonderfully intuitively spaced gearing of the 5-speed manual transmission, these cars are a joy to drive. Not at all dull and very analog and intuitive. Oh, and it is a convertible with a prancing horse on its crest too...
This would be a superb car to introduce your daughter to the joy of driving sports cars with manual transmissions. Plus she can only take one friend in it at a time, limiting the amount of trouble she might be encouraged to get into.
That is sound advise Spyder. I drove a MGB when young for just that reason (can only have one other with me). Looking back tho' I am pretty happy I came out of traffic that well in a MG!
Old 09-20-2018, 05:28 PM
MaddMike
Drifting

Received 1,737 Likes on 846 Posts

It may also be the time of year and the fact that you are in the Midwest. If the car was located in CA or FL I'm sure it would have sold already.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:53 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

I think you are right! The Midwest bites me again!

Still have several who are talking through the purchase process but no funds have materialized. I may just park it next to my longhoods if my chain gets yanked much more on this gem!

Old 09-22-2018, 04:47 PM
William Gould
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boxter

mike
new to rennlist so for some reason seems i cant private message? anyway i have interest can you pm me or another way to contact me?
Old 09-22-2018, 09:15 PM
nikitino25
Intermediate

What is the series two IMS bearing? This car originally came with the 2-row bearing, was it switched to single row with the replacement engine or something?
Old 09-22-2018, 11:10 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Michael B
I think you are right! The Midwest bites me again!

Still have several who are talking through the purchase process but no funds have materialized. I may just park it next to my longhoods if my chain gets yanked much more on this gem!

OH WOW..... three... I have a 72 3.2 mutt. but that 2.7 of yours.....
Old 10-02-2018, 02:43 PM
boxacrossamerica
3rd Gear

Hello, new here. Attempted to DM you but not sure it went through. I'm local and interested in the car. Let me know how we can get in touch.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:10 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I am shocked this car has not sold. BTW check the VIN number you list, its not a valid VIN.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

I know right? I have strong interest in it currently, so we will see. I am aware of the vin digits... But with the vin clearly shown on the window sticker photo I do not see that as much of a anything.

I dunno... Great cars. Nothing comes close with performance or looks in this price range.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:10 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Michael B
I know right? I have strong interest in it currently, so we will see. I am aware of the vin digits... But with the vin clearly shown on the window sticker photo I do not see that as much of a anything.

I dunno... Great cars. Nothing comes close with performance or looks in this price range.
I wasn't implying there was anything dodgy going on with the VIN number. Just pointing out it was listed wrong, I could't cut and paste it into my system.

Quick Reply: Very nice Boxster for quick sale