Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

GT4- White, LWB, PCCB, 3889 miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 04:28 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Cont. Porsche Models: Cayman GT4
Mileage (numbers only please): 3889
Color: White
Price (no $ sign please): $96000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
If you really want to know it’s because I’m going to be in China for all but 3-4 days in September and in October about 2-3 weeks. When it comes to a private party transaction I want to fly out, inspect with my own meticulous eyes, cut a check, get the title and key, then fly home. With my work and schedule with family and friends, I won’t have time to travel out there. I decided to have George sell to someone else’s that’s able to buy now, not maybe in October. I will need to find a local car or search nationally after my project slows down at work
And you didn't know all that before wasting the seller's time? Not to mention that you have made countless posts about how you're going to fly there etc. Why don't you put yourself in the seller's shoes?! Good luck finding one like this on the West Coast! It's not gonna happen...
It's amazing how much BS you have to hear when trying to sell a car like this! I have just gone through it! I'll open a thread in the regular forum to let everyone know what goes on behind the curtain.

GLWS OP!
Old 09-05-2018, 05:20 PM
George in NH
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neanicu
And you didn't know all that before wasting the seller's time? Not to mention that you have made countless posts about how you're going to fly there etc. Why don't you put yourself in the seller's shoes?! Good luck finding one like this on the West Coast! It's not gonna happen...
It's amazing how much BS you have to hear when trying to sell a car like this! I have just gone through it! I'll open a thread in the regular forum to let everyone know what goes on behind the curtain.

GLWS OP!
It's ok, no problems from my end. I know the car will sell.
Thanks for the GLWS ;-)
I like the comment at the bottom of your page..."Flappy paddles are for grandmas" hahaha...exactly. One thing that really sucks for me is I that have a bad left ankle that flares up every once in a while....and I'm forced to drive an automatic :-(
Old 09-05-2018, 06:10 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Pm sent
Old 09-05-2018, 06:22 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

GLWS OP!
I had three trips to China planned out for September and October with a small gap that would have allowed to me travel to Boston and back in one day. My plans changed on Saturday due to my project requirements. It's out of my control and I communicated this immediately to George... thanks for your concerns though
Old 09-05-2018, 09:08 PM
George in NH
Advanced

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
Pm sent

Got it :-)
Old 09-05-2018, 11:19 PM
adhedhy
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

GLWS George! Beautiful car
Old 09-06-2018, 07:19 AM
George in NH
Advanced

Originally Posted by adhedhy
GLWS George! Beautiful car
Thanks!!!
It really is beautiful, I go out to the garage and stare at it all the time :-)
Old 09-06-2018, 01:59 PM
speedtek1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM Sent
Old 09-06-2018, 02:35 PM
George in NH
Advanced

Originally Posted by speedtek1
PM Sent

Just replied :-)
Old 09-07-2018, 01:37 AM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

Why didn't you ship it? You would've had the car by now. If the seller is honest(seems that is the case),it's a no brainer. Ask for lots of current pics,a walk around video,run the Carfax and look for a reputable Porsche shop in that area to do a PPI. 2300-2400$ shipped to Cali in an enclosed carrier. You'll have it in about 7 days. Seriously I don't get it...?!
Agreed completely. In a private party sale, you're buying the seller as much as the car. Seller seems like a good dude. There will always be a certain amount of trust involved. But that's why private party sales are such a pain, lol.

GLWS, beautiful GT4 for a great price!
Old 09-07-2018, 01:40 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by silvertige
Agreed completely. In a private party sale, you're buying the seller as much as the car. Seller seems like a good dude. There will always be a certain amount of trust involved. But that's why private party sales are such a pain, lol.

GLWS, beautiful GT4 for a great price!
I agree and I bought the seller, George is a really great guy. When working with a private party transaction I want to see the car first hand, pay for it, get the title and then arrange shipping. I'm not sure how you buy a car sight unseen that's private party and still have some level of protection as a buyer? I've seen some deals brokered though a dealer which would be an option.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:08 AM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

I agree and I bought the seller, George is a really great guy. When working with a private party transaction I want to see the car first hand, pay for it, get the title and then arrange shipping. I'm not sure how you buy a car sight unseen that's private party and still have some level of protection as a buyer? I've seen some deals brokered though a dealer which would be an option.
I've purchased 5 cars out of state and sold 2. All of these transactions were done sight unseen. There's no easy way of having legal protection as a buyer; brokering through a dealer is perhaps the best option. But that being said, spending 1 day in Boston to try and do the deal was probably never going to happen. Most sellers will want a wire transfer and see it go through before handing over title, I would never take a cashier's check myself... and shipping generally takes time for a pickup... as in days or even weeks. Trusting the seller means seeing him get the money first and then helping you get the car shipped to you. Which generally takes time and some effort on the sellers part; they have to keep the the car stored and be available to have it picked up.

All of my deals were wire transfers that varied from 12k to 65k. But, hey, I get it, that's hard for people to do and really narrows the market. I wasn't too worried about a 25k wire but 200K? probably want that deal brokered lol. Still wouldn't fly there just to see with my own eyes though, especially with pictures and videos and a good PPI.

Anyways, point is, you could have this awesome GT4 in 2 weeks... haha.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:14 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by silvertige
I've purchased 5 cars out of state and sold 2. All of these transactions were done sight unseen. There's no easy way of having legal protection as a buyer; brokering through a dealer is perhaps the best option. But that being said, spending 1 day in Boston to try and do the deal was probably never going to happen. Most sellers will want a wire transfer and see it go through before handing over title, I would never take a cashier's check myself... and shipping generally takes time for a pickup... as in days or even weeks. Trusting the seller means seeing him get the money first and then helping you get the car shipped to you. Which generally takes time and some effort on the sellers part; they have to keep the the car stored and be available to have it picked up.

All of my deals were wire transfers that varied from 12k to 65k. But, hey, I get it, that's hard for people to do and really narrows the market. I wasn't too worried about a 25k wire but 200K? probably want that deal brokered lol. Still wouldn't fly there just to see with my own eyes though, especially with pictures and videos and a good PPI.

Anyways, point is, you could have this awesome GT4 in 2 weeks... haha.
The plan was to fly out, perform my own visual and paint meter inspection then wire him the money as I'm paying cash. The wire transfer can be verified within one hour of being sent if its a large bank. Then I take the title, key, and documentation. Shipping is arranged and the car is picked up within 3-5 days. I've done this a few times and it's never failed.
I'm focusing my efforts on finding a car locally, with my busy work schedule I don't have much time to wedge in trips and deal with shipping. If I'm in China for 2-3 weeks and the car is in the middle of transit to LA, I can't tell them to hold it at a facility for a few weeks. If a local car comes up great, if not, I can't drive it much anyways for the next few months.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:42 AM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

What dealer are you getting your service work done at?! Obviously not Beverly Hills Porsche which is closest to me
LA prices are 2.5X what we pay up here!

Business is more about being lucky than being good. Operating in a high-income area with a franchise dealership, where customers aren't price sensitive, is definitely a stroke of luck.

Most people in my town can't afford a 5-year old used Camry.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:46 AM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

The plan was to fly out, perform my own visual and paint meter inspection then wire him the money as I'm paying cash. The wire transfer can be verified within one hour of being sent if its a large bank. Then I take the title, key, and documentation. Shipping is arranged and the car is picked up within 3-5 days. I've done this a few times and it's never failed.
I'm focusing my efforts on finding a car locally, with my busy work schedule I don't have much time to wedge in trips and deal with shipping. If I'm in China for 2-3 weeks and the car is in the middle of transit to LA, I can't tell them to hold it at a facility for a few weeks. If a local car comes up great, if not, I can't drive it much anyways for the next few months.
PPI. Get a good shop involved. I have purchased multiple cars this way from private parties and have NEVER been disappointed. I have also purchased 2, no PPI, sight unseen from PCA guys and both were immaculate. Their previous reputations and sales spoke for themselves.

You don't need to see the car if you have a trusted set of eyes on it. Now, you may personally feel the "need" to see the car, but that is different from the logic of having a trusted 3rd party put eyes on it, vs. the time taken out of your life to do so.

Go for it! This car is calling your name

Quick Reply: GT4- White, LWB, PCCB, 3889 miles