Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Looking To Pair Up for Durametric Pro 20% Discount

Old 06-05-2017, 01:41 PM
OK5IMON
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $540
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 986, 987, 993, 996, 997, Cayenne, Cayman, Panamera
Location (Region): NorCal
Item Condition: Brand New

Im in please put me down

PM when you need payment

Best

Simon
Old 06-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Bajaha
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been looking for one for a while, put me down for one as well. I haven't used rennlist for too long so I haven't figured out where to go for PM's (although I have an option for visitor messages but I believe those are public)

Located in Canada, but I've used US parcel services in the past as I'm close to the border if that simplifies shipping
Old 06-06-2017, 01:21 PM
Rat3d M
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There might be a slight issue with the group buy. We are at 14 people, so I called Durametric to see about pricing for 10 kits, and 15 kits, and they stated that the discount at this time would be 20% across the board. I informed him that this is different than what I was told in email a few days ago, and he said they typically only do discounts for distributors. So I again asked very clearly for him to confirm that there is no way to get a bigger discount based on a large group purchase, and he said that if we call in and order 15 kits, then he could talk to his supervisor and see what they can do about a bigger discount, but as of now they will not quote me a price. He also stated that the max they would do is likely only 25%.

Sorry for jumping the gun on this, but it may not go through like I had hoped. I was told something completely different through email, so I was basing this thread on their word but apparently they don't like doing bigger discounts on these. So with that being said, if 14 other people absolutely 100% want to go in on this knowing that it will be $540 with a potential 5% more off the price, then that's fine, we can proceed, but I may just go in with one other person and pay the $540 and call it a day. There is also some concern with the fact that I am in Germany, and people are therefore backing out. I am honestly not sure what the issue is with my location being in Germany, especially since my address is considered a United States address whether I am in Nebraska, Germany or on the moon, but to each their own.

If anyone on here is deadset on getting one and doesn't mind the $540, I will be looking to buy one at the end of the month, so shoot me a PM and we can work something out one on one.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:20 PM
V8Boxster
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still in. I've been humming and hawing for a long time now and I now need to take care of a few things on my car that I can't take care of unless I have this tool. Twenty percent is still a decent discount. Five percent more would be even better.

BTW, USPS is ideal for me in Canada. UPS and FedEx both charge brokerage fees. When it comes via USPS, I pay duties but no brokerage fee.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Bajaha
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still down as well. If you can smooth talk them into the extra 5% off then that's a bonus.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:31 PM
austx911S
Instructor

Still in if we can get more than 20%. Otherwise I'd be willing to pair up with someone in the US.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:32 AM
haro-d
Advanced

Still in.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Rat3d M
Rennlist Member

I'll hold off to order for the time being. Not looking to pull the trigger on this until the end of the month. With that said, if you want in on the group buy in hopes of getting more than 20% off, ill be accepting PayPal payments from the 22nd to the 30th. On the 30th ill place the order with how ever many people we have and try for a bigger discount. If we get a bigger discount ill do a partial refund to everyone. I doubt we will have 15 people when the time comes, but 5 people or 15 people I think it will still be 20% off. If it's more, that's cool too.

Paypal info will be in here starting on the 22nd. Stay tuned..
Old 06-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Rat3d M
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by austx911S
Still in if we can get more than 20%. Otherwise I'd be willing to pair up with someone in the US.
We won't know how much the discount is until we place the order and make payment. A few have expressed concern with me being in Germany. Shipping is like $15 for a USPS flat rate box, plus insurance costs. It won't be $100 to ship if that is what you are afraid of.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:30 AM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Still in.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:07 PM
Rat3d M
Rennlist Member

Payment instructions for those who still want in on this: Send payment to erebunituner04@aol.com.

Additional comments: Please put in the comments of your PayPal payment your full name, shipping address, where you found this group buy (Facebook, Rennlist, etc.) and what your username/display name is

Price: At this time, the price will be $540, PLUS PayPal fees (or send as a gift). $556.50 will cover fees (2.9% plus $0.30). This will purchase the kit alone, and DOES NOT cover shipping from me to you. When I have the kits in hand and ready to ship, I will request a second PayPal transaction for the exact shipping amount (plus applicable PayPal fees). I estimate shipping in the continental US to be around $25-$30 with full insurance and tracking. The $540 is with a 20% discount off the original price. This is all that Durametric could guarantee us. They stated that when we place the actual order, they may be able to get us up to 25%. If that is the case, I will do a partial refund for whatever amount everyone is owed.

Unforeseen shipping charges: I have no idea what, if any shipping fees will be applicable for the order to get the kits from Durametric to me, but if there is shipping, I will cover it initially out of my pocket and divide the amount evenly among everyone and tack that onto everyone’s second PayPal transaction.

Deadlines: Please make payment by 30 June. I will place the order the following Monday, 3 July. If you have not made payment in time, the order will be placed and your name will be removed from the list.

Stipulations: If the kits are ready to go out in the mail to you and I have not received a cleared PayPal payment in full (i.e. w/ all applicable PayPal fees/shipping fees paid) then your kit will be held until I am reimbursed. I am doing everyone a favor and this is a huge undertaking and a lot of risk on my part. I do not wish to come out of pocket in the process of doing a good deed to help out the Porsche community. This is for the “Professional without extension cable or round adapter” kit, Option 3 at this link (http://www.durametric.com/buyus.aspx). There are no other options since all the kits have to be the same in order to get the discount. If you are not okay with this, I apologize in advance. I can’t control the USPS, but I estimate transit time from the company to me at 5-7 days from the date they go out, and another 5-7 days return back to you depending on where you are in the US. Turnaround time once I receive the shipment will be 3 business days.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:03 PM
05Mdriver
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

I am in the philadelphia suburbs with a durametric PRO - if anyone needs a quick coding session for:

remote / comfort windows
seat belt chime disable
Rev report
etc

Let me know

05mdriver@gmail.com

Old 06-20-2017, 09:34 AM
Rat3d M
Rennlist Member

Bump. This is still going on if anyone is interested in jumping in. The more people we have, the higher chances of getting a discount slightly higher than 20%. Payment instructions below:

Send payment to erebunituner04@aol.com.

Additional comments: Please put in the comments of your PayPal payment your full name, shipping address, where you found this group buy (Facebook, Rennlist, etc.) and what your username/display name is

Price: At this time, the price will be $540, PLUS PayPal fees (or send as a gift). $556.50 will cover fees (2.9% plus $0.30). This will purchase the kit alone, and DOES NOT cover shipping from me to you. When I have the kits in hand and ready to ship, I will request a second PayPal transaction for the exact shipping amount (plus applicable PayPal fees). I estimate shipping in the continental US to be around $25-$30 with full insurance and tracking. The $540 is with a 20% discount off the original price. This is all that Durametric could guarantee us. They stated that when we place the actual order, they may be able to get us up to 25%. If that is the case, I will do a partial refund for whatever amount everyone is owed.

Unforeseen shipping charges: I have no idea what, if any shipping fees will be applicable for the order to get the kits from Durametric to me, but if there is shipping, I will cover it initially out of my pocket and divide the amount evenly among everyone and tack that onto everyone’s second PayPal transaction.

Deadlines: Please make payment by 30 June. I will place the order the following Monday, 3 July. If you have not made payment in time, the order will be placed and your name will be removed from the list.

Stipulations: If the kits are ready to go out in the mail to you and I have not received a cleared PayPal payment in full (i.e. w/ all applicable PayPal fees/shipping fees paid) then your kit will be held until I am reimbursed. I am doing everyone a favor and this is a huge undertaking and a lot of risk on my part. I do not wish to come out of pocket in the process of doing a good deed to help out the Porsche community. This is for the “Professional without extension cable or round adapter” kit, Option 3 at this link (http://www.durametric.com/buyus.aspx). There are no other options since all the kits have to be the same in order to get the discount. If you are not okay with this, I apologize in advance. I can’t control the USPS, but I estimate transit time from the company to me at 5-7 days from the date they go out, and another 5-7 days return back to you depending on where you are in the US. Turnaround time once I receive the shipment will be 3 business days.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:49 PM
stjoh
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 68 Posts

Need one fairly quickly, if anybody is interested in pairing up for the 20% let me know.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:20 AM
OK5IMON
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rat3d M
Bump. This is still going on if anyone is interested in jumping in. The more people we have, the higher chances of getting a discount slightly higher than 20%. Payment instructions below:

Send payment to erebunituner04@aol.com.

Are you based in the US or Germany as per your profile says?

If germany it should be relatively cheap to ship around europe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking To Pair Up for Durametric Pro 20% Discount