Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Silver/Red SLK 320 AMG Package 6 Speed Manual

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 11:04 PM
MaxGarweg
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Silver/Red SLK 320 AMG Package 6 Speed Manual

Year: 2001
Make: Mercedes-Benz
Model: SLK-Class
Mileage (numbers only please): 120000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Silver
Price (no $ sign please): $5500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Cabriolet
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Clean 2001 SLK 320 with AMG Sport Package, 6 Speed Manual and Red leather Interior. (rare spec) Car has 3.2l V6 with 215 hp and 230lb ft. Pulls strong in every gear. Really fun and a pleasure to drive with the top down. Folding metal hard top, all original except upgraded CD stereo. Heated Seats, Fresh (5k miles) Potenza HP Summer Tires, and Xenon lights. Car has a folding metal roof so it can be used year round.

* Car has a minor accident reported on Carfax: details below*

AMG Sport Package features: a unique AMG Body kit, AMG 17” wheels, Red AMG branded brakes, Sport Seats and Suspension, illuminated AMG written in the doorsills as well as an AMG badge on the back of the car. (I removed this because I dont like thshow-offyfy M or AMG badges on cars that just have an AMG Package) Supposedly this was a pretty rare option and it in combination with the manual gearbox was the reason I purchased the car last year. That and I really like Silver convertibles with red interiors. Reminds me of old vintage 550 Spyders and Gullwings.

A quick condition breakdown:

Exterior 8: It has a few minor scratches on the front bumper but all in all the paint looks quite good and there are no dents. The original AMG wheels have some curb scuffs but they are straight and true and ride quite nicely. the front left headlight washer cover broke (see photo) it has since been fixed.

Interior: 7-8: The interior is in good condition without a single crack in the dash. The red leather is not faded at all and there are no squeaks or rattles. The only flaws are a little wear on the seat bolsters, inner door handles, and the shift ****.

Mechanical: 8: I changed all the fluids when I bought the car even though the dealer claimed they had recently done it. I put about five thousand miles on it since that time and the car has been bulletproof. EVERYTHING works as it should. Air conditioning, Convertible top, suspension, brakes, and engine are all good. No clutch slippage, Car has not consumed any oil since I changed it. It pulls in every gear, is happy to rev and idles like a sewing machine. The tires have lots of life in them. The only thing that is currently not working is the central locking but I've had the vacuum pump repaired so that will be installed in the coming days.

Service Records: 5: I have the 4 service records for my time of ownership. I also have the Carfax (see google drive folder) As I mentioned in the add there was an accident reported to the front end with minor damage. The car was driveable and it must have been a fender bender because my very competent mechanic found nothing when he inspected it. Pre Purchase Inspections are welcome!

Winter Tires & Wheels: I purchased these on Tirerack for $750 and put about <1500 miles on them. They are mint. They fit most Mercs so I intend to sell them for ~$500 but would be happy to sell to the buyer.

All in all I can say this is really one of the cleanest SLK 320's I have seen, with one of the best option specs. Its a real hoot to drive and from reviews and other owners I have spoken too they are as reliable as you can get.

This car was originally purchased to keep for my wife but she got her hip replaced and no longer feels comfortable driving a manual.

Happy to answer all questions, provide more photos, and offer test drives to interested parties. Car is located at Jersey Shore. Definitely a fun, unique car for the money. Thanks for looking.
VIN # WDBKK65F71F219702

https://www.cars.com/research/merced...lk_class-2001/

Google drive folder with videos of the car and Carfax: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WZIekZYNWxjRlk
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Attached Images        

Last edited by MaxGarweg; 10-14-2017 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Carfax
Old 07-30-2017, 11:08 PM
danielkim0129
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very cool car. good luck with sale!
Old 07-30-2017, 11:27 PM
*991*
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 95 Posts

What does AMG package include?
How long have u owned car?
Old 07-31-2017, 12:24 AM
MaxGarweg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by danielkim0129
Very cool car. good luck with sale!
Thanks A Lot!
Old 07-31-2017, 12:33 AM
MaxGarweg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by *991*
What does AMG package include?
How long have u owned car?
Sport Package features: a unique AMG Body kit, AMG 17” wheels, Red AMG branded brakes, Sport Seats and Suspension, AMG in the doorsills as well as AMG badge on the back of the car. (I removed this because I dont like the showoffy M or AMG badges on cars that just have an AMG Package) Supposedly this was a pretty rare option and it in combination with the manual gearbox was the reason I purchased the car last year. That and I really like Silver convertibles with red interiors. Reminds me of old vintage 550 Spyders and Gullwings.

Anyways I intended to keep it but my friend bought a new boxster and gave me a great offer on his Cayman so this one needs a new home.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:24 AM
MaxGarweg
Rennlist Member

Bump!
Old 08-01-2017, 10:46 AM
carbondan
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

Wow very cool! I never knew these were available with a 6 speed manual.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:40 PM
MaxGarweg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carbondan
Wow very cool! I never knew these were available with a 6 speed manual.
Yes, I was surprised myself the vast majority of these were automatic without the AMG package. An enthusiast definitely specced this car!
Old 08-08-2017, 12:57 PM
MaxGarweg
Rennlist Member

Bump
Old 08-08-2017, 10:39 PM
MaxGarweg
Rennlist Member

Bump for a super fun little car ready for a new home.

Last edited by MaxGarweg; 10-14-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:56 AM
Oppiefive
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a car fax/VIN?

Great car

Thanks
Peter
Old 08-09-2017, 12:43 PM
MaxGarweg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Oppiefive
Do you have a car fax/VIN?

Great car

Thanks
Peter
VIN # WDBKK65F71F219702
Old 08-09-2017, 03:28 PM
KDUB21
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Free bump for you - I have a white with red interior SLK320 with a 6-speed as well.

These cars fly under the radar for how good of a driving vehicle they really are, I am guessing that is due to the rarity and relative lack of market knowledge that they were available with a slick shifting 6 speed. MB really hit the nail on the head with the 3.2 and 6 speed setup in a car of this size. Good luck!
Old 08-09-2017, 10:14 PM
MaxGarweg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KDUB21
Free bump for you - I have a white with red interior SLK320 with a 6-speed as well.

These cars fly under the radar for how good of a driving vehicle they really are, I am guessing that is due to the rarity and relative lack of market knowledge that they were available with a slick shifting 6 speed. MB really hit the nail on the head with the 3.2 and 6 speed setup in a car of this size. Good luck!
Thanks! I have to agree. This little car is the size of a shoe but has a 3.2 liter V6. It honestly feels faster than the 2010 cayman replacing it. I think its a combo of more torque from much lower, and the top down effect. The Driving position is good, it makes a great noise. The only flaw this car has in my opinion is that it looks a little "stumpy" with the top up. Then again it is a convertible meant for top down driving and it looks worlds better with the top down.

I think anyone who test drives this will be amazed at how fun it is. Really brilliant little drivers car. Super reliable and great value for money.

Last edited by MaxGarweg; 08-10-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:38 AM
MaxGarweg
Rennlist Member

As requested photos of the wear on the seat bolsters.

3.2l V6 with gobs of torque

Quick Reply: Silver/Red SLK 320 AMG Package 6 Speed Manual