Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

🚚 💰⚡ ShipNerd makes shipping fast and affordable 🚚 💰⚡

Old 06-14-2018, 02:22 AM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Received 203 Likes on 119 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Vendor Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Brand New

I have a buyer wanting to purchase a decklid & wing from me. This is the first time I've had to ship something this large (50x28x28). Your quick quote told me it would be like $20 to ship the wing based on its weight. Once I had all the details ready to ship the wing, you quoted me an enormous amount...$819. Your website even told me this was a "HOT DEAL!" I went on UPS and got a quote for $355.

Your quoting estimate is grossly flawed, and so is your pricing. I encourage all of our members to do their due diligence and quote out shipping items before automatically deciding to go with shipnerd.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:16 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,128 Likes on 3,903 Posts

Originally Posted by sweet victory
I have a buyer wanting to purchase a decklid & wing from me. This is the first time I've had to ship something this large (50x28x28). Your quick quote told me it would be like $20 to ship the wing based on its weight. Once I had all the details ready to ship the wing, you quoted me an enormous amount...$819. Your website even told me this was a "HOT DEAL!" I went on UPS and got a quote for $355.

Your quoting estimate is grossly flawed, and so is your pricing. I encourage all of our members to do their due diligence and quote out shipping items before automatically deciding to go with shipnerd.
Did you calculate the dimensional weight of the box you were shipping and classify it properly as Oversize 1, 2, or 3. If not, UPS is also going to run an additional charge on the card you used once it arrives at their DC and is measured by their automated handling system.

Its a lot more expensive to ship a huge decklid and wing that weighs 20 lbs than a set of brake pads that weighs 20 lbs.

Not a single time has ShipNerd been more expensive for me than quoting directly through UPS and I check both every time.

Good advice for people to check for themselves on each shipment though.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:28 AM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

@sweet victory - Thank you for your feedback. If you could send me a PM with your account info I'd like to take a look at the shipment you built out on ShipNerd.

The billable weight of a package that has dimensions of 50 x 28 x 28 is 282 lbs - not 20 lbs.

Aside from that, a package that size would have incurred a large package surcharge (our site would have told you that once you inputted the dims based on this formula from UPS:

This document contains:

Large Package Surcharge

A Large Package Surcharge will be applied to each UPS package when its length plus girth [(2 x width) + (2 x height)] combined exceeds 330cm, but does not exceed the maximum UPS size of 419cm.

Large Packages are subject to a minimum billable weight of 40kgs in addition to the Large Package Surcharge.
Right from UPS' site:

"A Large Package Surcharge will be applied to each UPS package when its length plus girth [(2 x width) + (2 x height)] combined exceeds 330cm, but does not exceed the maximum UPS size of 419cm."

Can be found here: https://www.ups.com/bq/en/shipping/z...ontentBlock-11

Steve
Old 06-14-2018, 11:40 AM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Petza914
Did you calculate the dimensional weight of the box you were shipping and classify it properly as Oversize 1, 2, or 3. If not, UPS is also going to run an additional charge on the card you used once it arrives at their DC and is measured by their automated handling system.

Its a lot more expensive to ship a huge decklid and wing that weighs 20 lbs than a set of brake pads that weighs 20 lbs.

Not a single time has ShipNerd been more expensive for me than quoting directly through UPS and I check both every time.

Good advice for people to check for themselves on each shipment though.

On shipnerd,
The quick quote feature does not specify dimensional weight, just weight.
On step two, there is no option to enter a class or declare as oversized. (At least that I can see)

Yes, my quote from UPS includes the over sized fee of $80.
Name:  nR9S0IE.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  37.5 KB
Old 06-14-2018, 12:33 PM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Credit is due when credit is due. @sweet victory 's unique shipment size (283 lbs billable weight) found a bug which caused our system not to show a ground rate.

The $822 amount that he saw was for a 2 day air service (shown as FASTER on ShipNerd) which had a published rate of $1546.24.

Had our FAST (ground) service rate been displayed it would have been lower then the published price...

@sweet victory - I apologize for the inconvenience, and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. The point I want to make clear though is that that the $800~ price you saw on our website was for an air service and not for ground.

Steve
Old 06-14-2018, 06:13 PM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Thank You Steve
Old 06-15-2018, 12:06 PM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

No problem @sweet victory

Steve
Old 06-18-2018, 07:59 AM
Meursault88
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This all looks good but when I spent 20 minutes setting up account and first shipment - no label. I was sent a blank label. Something is wrong with your system.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:44 AM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi,

Thank you for using ShipNerd.

Your label was just emailed to you as a PDF.

I can see and print your label both on the website and email. Can you please confirm which browser you are using ? Have you tried another browser by chance?

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Steve
Old 06-18-2018, 12:32 PM
Meursault88
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ShipNerd
Hi,

Thank you for using ShipNerd.

Your label was just emailed to you as a PDF.

I can see and print your label both on the website and email. Can you please confirm which browser you are using ? Have you tried another browser by chance?

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Steve
Hi Steve, yes Itay sent me a label but it happened again. I am using Firefox - and the latest version. I need another label sent to me please.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:37 PM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Done!
Old 06-18-2018, 01:19 PM
Meursault88
Burning Brakes

FYI - the prices are great. Ive used them 2x today after just opening an acct this am. A little glitch with printing but customer service has been incredibly responsive.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:54 PM
itzjere
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just shipped out an exhaust using ShipNerd and saved 45%! Very happy with the savings, and the site was very easy to use. Much easier than any of the major carriers out there!
Old 07-25-2018, 06:43 PM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@itzjere - awesome!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to post up some feedback about ShipNerd Happy to hear that we could help.

Steve
Old 07-27-2018, 01:57 PM
powahousealex
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i just send you guy's a email.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 🚚 💰⚡ ShipNerd makes shipping fast and affordable 🚚 💰⚡