Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: Porsche 997.1 05-08 OEM Tail Lights

Old 05-07-2016, 03:46 PM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 105 Posts
Default FS: Porsche 997.1 05-08 OEM Tail Lights

Category: Lights
Price (no $ sign please): $300
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 997
Location (Region): NorthWest
Item Condition: Used

OEM 997 tail lights in excellent condition.
No scratches or cracks or scuffs.
Ready to Ship!

$300 + shipping within the US
Attached Images       

Last edited by shyamvenky; 05-11-2016 at 01:10 PM. Reason: updated with picture of packaging
Old 05-11-2016, 12:14 PM
roncooper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:07 PM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 105 Posts

PM replied to.

Originally Posted by roncooper
PM sent.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:26 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Does it include the wiring harnesses?
Old 05-13-2016, 10:56 PM
roncooper
Instructor

I purchased the taillights and the OP was very accommodating. They were packaged very well. Unfortunately the pass side was damaged on shipment. I contacted the OP minutes after the packaged arrived to inform him of the via PM and email requesting he start an insurance claim. The OP might be very busy which I understand however I hope he sees this and replies back. As I stated above it was a great transaction and the lights were packed very well. I don't believe any more could have been done on his part. Hopefully they were insured.

Bummer part is the pass side is really the only side I needed. My original ones were also damaged I've since glued the tip back on them and tried painting them black to hide the repair. It doesn't look great lol.
Attached Images    
Old 05-14-2016, 08:09 AM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Sorry to hear that ^.

Since the OP has already sold the item and since other members might be looking for a similar item, I hope it's OK to make this post.

Anyway, I think (I have to check LOL), I also have a set laying around somewhere in my garage in excellent condition.

I can offer the same deal as OP to any of the members here.

Item will be shipped insured.

Last edited by C2 Turbo; 05-14-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:13 AM
roncooper
Instructor

The deal the OP and I agreed to was 250.00 plus shipping. I'm interested in your set.

So posting here did indeed get the OPs attention he immediately emailed me.

Unfortunately since I received damaged parts and I informed him about it and requested if he had insurances on the package I am a SCAMMER. I've bought well over 10k worth of Porsche parts off this site and never had a problem.

I'm no expert in scamming but I'm pretty sure scammers don't use their real names in their dealings. I paid within minutes of receiving the invoice. Not to mention I used my company email which has every once of contact information I have to communicate with the OP. I'm pretty sure that's against the SCAMMERS handbook.

I told the OP why I was procuring his set as I had a tech break my previous set on the pass side. The set I received from the OP also had the pass side broken. So why would I break the side I needed if I were trying to scam you? Reality is it is only 250.00 plus 30.00 shipping so not a crazy amount of money.

I responded to the OPs derogatory email asking him what a fair solution would be and he's gone dark on me again.

So these are my actions thus far.
1. Received the damaged items and PMd and emailed the OP immediately with photographs.
2. At the end of the day after not hearing from the OP I contacted PayPal and stated a claim.
3. Still no response from the OP I generated a post here last night.
4. The OP immediately with in 1 minute emailed me calling me a liar and SCAMER. I emailed him responding to his email trying explain the situation and work it out accordingly.

My honest assessment of the situation is I understand where the OP is coming from, Up until the email last night the OP was a pleasure to deal with and as I stated above I feel he did everything he could have done to package the items. I do not believe they were damaged prior to shipping.

OP I'm not trying to scam you or anyone. If you didn't get any protection from fedex on the items then it is what it is. If your not willing to work with me and at least refund half what I paid then we will see what PayPal says. If they side with you no biggie I'll just eat the 280.00 it's not the end of the world.

For those that read this I would still buy from the OP again unfortunately this situation went a little sideways.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:40 AM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Do you have a picture of your ^ broken tail light?
Old 05-14-2016, 01:13 PM
roncooper
Instructor

Yea here's how it currently sits it's at the detailers
Attached Images   
Old 05-15-2016, 09:13 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Sorry to hear this on all accounts - not sure why the seller is reacting the way he is. I've done multiple transactions with 996/997 tail lights and the "pointy" end is a notorious weak spot. I now ask sellers to specially wrap that end of the light with extra styrofoam for protection. Also, I'e never had much success going after the shipper - their response usually is poor packaging. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:07 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Received 278 Likes on 108 Posts

My set of Depo tails came brand knew damaged in the very same spot. I have my stock tails laying around as well i wouldnt mind selling but im almost scared to even ship them because of the high risk of damage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: Porsche 997.1 05-08 OEM Tail Lights