Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

981 991 718 Short Shifter & Shift Cables

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 09:10 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 220 Likes on 135 Posts
Default 981 991 718 Short Shifter & Shift Cables

Category: Drivetrain
Price (no $ sign please): $700
Private or Vendor Listing: Vendor Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911
Location (Region): SouthEast
Item Condition: Brand New

I wanted to show you what the difference between the Stock and GT4 shifter. All they did to shorten the throw was to take 20mm off the shift lever. So the throw is barely changed at all. Not much of a change there and you will probably not even notice the difference. Below on the Numeric Racing shifter I was able to shorten the throw by up to 38mm. I changed the mechanics of the shifter and just didn't knock 20mm off the lever. Also the shifter is made out of billet aluminum and utilizes bearings on all moving axis. Along with all stainless steel hardware. The shifter is very rigid and direct. It just doesn't flex compared to the stock unit. We also just started making shift cables for the GT4, 718, 981 and 991 model cars. The difference in how it feels and shifts is dramatically changed for a huge improvement. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. I have a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back. Installation of just the shifter is a simple job and only requires one tool. A T25 torx wrench. All the panel just pop off. The cables is a little bit more involved but doesn't need to be done on a lift. You can do it an the floor of your garage by just jacking the rear end up. So for all you weekend warriors this is a simple job to do. There are also directions detailing the install on the website. Watch the link for a demonstration of the shifter and cables installed in my 991. If you have any questions don't hestiate to ask.

dan@numericracing.com
813-920-4415

YOUTUBE LINK

Stock on the left and GT4 on the right! Not much of a change at all.

GT4, 718, 981 Numeric Racing Shifter & Shift Cables.

Numeric Racing Shifter for GT4, 718, 981, 991 Model Cars.

991 Numeric Racing Shifter & Cables

w
ww.numericracing.com
sales@numericracing.com
Ph: 844-686-7223

www.numericracing.com
sales@numericracing.com
Ph: 844-686-7223
Old 07-28-2018, 02:57 PM
hdavidson
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Does this come as a complete kit for $700?
Old 08-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 220 Likes on 135 Posts

Anyone who would like to contact my customer who has shifter and cables installed in his Boxster 981. Please feel free to do so. He is a really nice guy and would be happy to answer any of your questions. Here is his quote.
jroller1@rochester.rr.com

Dan,

Thank god that you posted the install pictures and instructions just in time and for talking to the service manager over the phone.

The shifter is amazingly precise! No slop or vagueness what so ever. The tech that did the install says he is going to get one of your shifters for his car. I just spent the last two days driving and shifting my Boxster through my favorite twisties! Very cool!

Thanks,

Jim Roller

Quick Reply: 981 991 718 Short Shifter & Shift Cables