Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Complete 2.7 aircooled Motor / engine with 915 Transmission with LSD

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 11:49 AM
mpiffaretti
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Complete 2.7 aircooled Motor / engine with 915 Transmission with LSD

Category: Drivetrain
Price (no $ sign please): $8000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911
Location (Region): SouthEast
Item Condition: Used

Good morning folks,
I recently decided to do an engine swap on my 1976 911S for a 964 3.6 motor, so I will be selling my current 2.7 liter motor and 915 transmission that is currently installed in my car.

Engine pulls strong, last time I dynoed it in December 2016 it was doing 200hp to the wheels (with 46mm PMO carbs which I will be selling separately). It can definetely keep up with 3.0's on a straight line.
It has a few upgrades, such as carrera chain tensioners, air pop off valve, 11 blade fan, new alternator in 2016, Turbo valve covers.
It also has a 930 oil pump.
The motor includes CIS Induction in good working order (not installed), CIS Fuel pump, MSD Ignition, GT racing headers with custom 2 outlet exhaust.
I recently took the car back to KMW for a compression/ leak down test (attached pic) and they look pretty healthy.

The Bad, the car had a small leak that seemed to be coming from the RMS since I bought it in 2014, that same year I took it to KMW motorsports in Boca Raton to have the RMS replaced thinking it was the culprit, well I was told that there was a small hairline crack on the case (pic attached). That hariline crack has not gotten worse since, it remains the same and by no means it has affected realiability or performance, but i know its there and it makes the case oily overtime (which I clean with brake cleaner once a year or so). I have tracked the car every year since I purchased it, and its reliability has always been superb. the hairline crack hasnt gotten worse, and remains the same, Honestly I dont think it would ever fail.

About the 915 transmission:
All gears go in as they should, but 3rd gear synchro could use a refresh, or just perhaps some new solid brass couplers and a wevo.
the Clutch looks good and has plenty of life left.

Spare parts:
a Spare 7R 2.7 Mag Case will be included in sale, in the event the buyer whats to do a future RS spec build, or if the current case fails, if ever.

Any other questions, I would be more than glad to answer to the best of my knowledge.
Asking $8000 Picked up in Boca Raton Florida. I can have the motor tranny palletized but the buyer must arrange pickup/ transport.

Not willing to separate the motor and transmission at this time. Sold as package.

Martin
305-725-4466
Old 01-16-2019, 12:16 PM
mpiffaretti
Rennlist Member

to the top!
Old 01-23-2019, 12:52 PM
mpiffaretti
Rennlist Member

bump
Old 02-06-2019, 10:15 AM
mpiffaretti
Rennlist Member

ttt

Quick Reply: Complete 2.7 aircooled Motor / engine with 915 Transmission with LSD