Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

'05 S600 Sport (V12 Biturbo) w/ 3yrs xferrable Fidelity Platinum warranty - FLAWLESS

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 12:30 PM
pkrasusky
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 S600 Sport (V12 Biturbo) w/ 3yrs xferrable Fidelity Platinum warranty - FLAWLESS

Year: 2005
Make: Mercedes-Benz
Model: 600-Class
Mileage (numbers only please): 73500
Color: black / black
VIN: WDBNG76J75A459648
Price (no $ sign please): $25000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Speedster
Transmission Type: Tiptronic
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

A fleet reshuffling here brings my beloved S600 for sale. Thought I'd xpost here on Rennlist b/c I know so many of us here are not slaven to the Marque and enjoy diversification and interesting opportunities.

Details:

- adult owned, never tracked / abused / hole-shot'd / brake stand'd / etc.
- FL car until last year
- 3yrs/30k remain on fully transferrable Fidelity Platinum warranty (the BEST you can get, I've had a couple of good claims that went seamlessly)
- immaculate, literally 99.9999% perfect
- paint: 9.75 of 10 - nary a stone chip / dent / scratch / swirl
- interior: 9.999999999999999 out of 10 - one tiny 1" scuff in passenger front lower cushion and one 1/2" crack atop wood steering wheel - that is IT (and that is me being ridculously picky)
- EVERYTHING WORKS
- NO IDIOT LIGHTS / ERRORS
- FULLY SORTED
- extensive service history, the kind you want - not the problematic / fearsome sort - if it broke it was FIXED, immediately, and right
- Mobil 1 0w40, minimal consumption, no leaks
- 2 sets of rear mats
- 2 keys, all books

*(good luck finding another in this condition)*

options:

- AMG Sport Package (wheels / F&R spoilers / side skirts)
- Keyless Go
- power trunk
- heated/cooled/massage front seats (brand new L&R bottom cushions - heaters failed) - that includes new fans as they're integral
- heated rear seats

modifications:

- AMG replica 18x8.5 ST181s w/ Vredestein Wintrak Xtreme 245's all around, 1/2 life left - wheels are 100% perfect, zero imperfections. EVERYONE who sees the car on these wheels compliments it / them (even non-car folk - it's uncanny actually)
- Eurocharged ECU & TCU - 495rwhp / 612rwtq (Mustang dyno, shot below doesn't picture the best run) - that extrapolates into ~ 605hp / 738tq (!!!)
- center "Y" merge pipe & resonator delete - dedicated 3" from cats to OE mufflers on each side (see description below)
- new front Brembo rotors / Porterfield R4S pads / Ate Super Blue (<2k mi, and rears remain thick)... the pedal feel / pad bite is astonishing and the car STOPS... and w/o any hint of squeal
- K&N panel filters
- smoked front corner indicators
- lowering links
- smoked V12 biturbo side script - not so much for bragging rights, I liked the look of the longer drawn-out line along the sides - and a spare set new in package as well (still have OE V12 badges)
- 10% tint

standard 600 features for the uninitiated off top of my feeble head:

- soft close doors
- power rear seats
- rear HVAC (dedicated unit in center console)
- Burl Walnut EVERYWHERE - including grab handles, rear headliner vanity mirrors, dome light surround
- FULL LEATEHR (literally everthing imaginable everywhere is sumptous leather) - oh the smell!!! Odiferous Awesomous
- alcantara headliner in grey, alcantara B pillars in black
- self leveling bixenons
- ABC suspension (hydraulic - zero body roll / dive / squat)
- 12 speaker (I think) Bose stereo w/6 disc changer (sounds surprising good for Blose)
- navigation
- rain sensing wipers
- illuminated front door sills, massive mega polished sills F&R
- power rear sunshade
- tiny little nuance features you'd never think of, with great attention to detail (can toggle the rear HVAC from front, can move front pass seat w/ rear controls, leather dash has 'holster' for your right knee, etc.)

OE wheels included, no curb rash but the clear coat is beginning to 'check' somewhat on a couple of them - nothing major. Will need street tires, I took them off this winter at the end of their service life to mount the snows. Yes this car can drive in the snow (I've had it out maybe 3-4x in 6-8")... it's surprisingly VERY capable, the ASR / ESP are insanely effective!!!

As an avid automotive nut, I've concluded the W220 S600 is quite literally possibly the best car imaginable (within realistic reach) as it covers sooooooo many bases SO DAMN WELL. Not much out there will compare with the all-around experience - it is THAT GOOD. Yes, I'm saying that in an Porsche forum! 8-)

MiniMaybach FTMFW!

Just sitting in it wafting along - amazing. You feel like the Pontif, and the smell is intoxicating. It never (ever) gets old. Sometimes I'll just float along w/ the cruise on and radio off and bask in the awesomeness.

Then when you want to reel in a 997 Turbo S 80-130 (not exaggerating BTDT), bring it. Capable of an ~11.7 quarter? The experience is mind altering. I still am overwhelmed at the voracious pull from 20-140... it's mind blowing, and I've been fortunate to have driven the fastest cars imaginable short of Veyrons and McLarens. It's that fast, and will step out the rear end @ 70 on the highway if you wanted it to.

The exhuast mode made the boost threshold and tq curve drop ~ 500rpm and was probably the best thing done to the car, the OE Y pipe had HIDEOUSLY unacceptable crimps in it in 3 places that went nearly FLAT.

The sound? It is velvet THUNDER... or as my friends say as I pass them... "the sound of POWER", like tearing a hole in the atmosphere. Not obtrusive, no drone, juuuussssst riiiiiight (ohsoright!). The sound of twin 3" turbo back pipes @ WOT is insidious... picture a pair of blown straight sixes in tandem... it's Just Not Right.

Those that lean toward E55 (no offense intended) - just do NOT know what they are missing. There is no comparison to the overall experience, despite performance stat's able to be the same (but costing huge $$$ to get an E to do 'this'). Especially the interior, it is off the hook amazing. Not to mention the W220 lines are just so sexxxxayyyyyyy.

Just sayin 8-).

While this ad may seem to be pouring it on thick (it is) with the superlatives - that's because it is warranted. This is the finest example of one of the finest cars you will find - FOR CAMRY / ACCORD MONEY!!!

$25k w/o warranty xfer, $26.9k with

Yes... it's all the money for one of these but this car needs NOTHING. Go buy a cheaper one... and... ready your wallet for the impending violent arseraping it's GOING to receive (you have noooooo idea how bad these can be w/o warranty - scary bad!!! Ferrari bad!!!). They're VERY(!!!) reliable, but when something DOES finally break - you want a warranty.

It's been an damn honor and a privelage to have experienced a 600 for 20+k... if know MB history at all, you're versed in the pedigree of the model.

PM me for contact info to further discuss. You will not be disappointed...

Last edited by pkrasusky; 02-18-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Nice ad and beautiful MB. GLWS. Wish I needed something like that.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:21 PM
pkrasusky
Racer

Thanks for the thoughts.

now...

Hey! It's Paul from Quattroworld, I recognize your screen name and driveway shot heh heh. Great to hear from you again, nice stable change you've gone through there!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

LOL! When did you get that beast? You made a few changes yourself. I remember seeing that you sold your D2 S8. Now selling the Porsche too? What are you getting? Whats the new garage setup?

I am adding some new rims to the 996 TT - Got the OEM GT3 rims on their way. What an upgrade from the Boxster S! Having a great time with the new beast. I got my Q when I sold the D2 S8. Its been good to me.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

I love that model
Old 02-18-2013, 11:53 AM
pkrasusky
Racer

Sweet TT, yeah quite the change from the Boxter S! Looks great, love that combo.

Yeah, I sold the S8 and 930, then later the TR3. Then got the 600 and the 993, but a reshuffling is in order for a number of reasons.

Haven't settled on replacement options yet, there's a few different ways I can slice it - we'll see... soon as these move.

Chaos - yes, I love the model too 8-). It is QUITE the car, and QUITE the experience to behold certainly... tell your friends.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Paul - did you put it on ebay? I did a reshuffle and all buyers came from craigslist or ebay. Ebay drove a ton of traffic and its free to post on both. With a beauty like that plus a warranty ebay is the way to go. You only pay fees if someone buys it now. I am sure that will go within a few weeks on ebay.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:28 PM
pkrasusky
Racer

Jah mon... I hear ya - Fleabay ad goes up tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the thought.

Craigslist - <<<shudder>>> 8-)
Old 02-22-2013, 11:19 AM
pkrasusky
Racer

Interesting article from back in the day, for reference sake:

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...mparison-tests

shortshort version: faster than an F575M and stops shorter too... and that's STOCK 8-)

Makes for a fantastic compliment to your Porsche stable... takes the sting out of not driving your hot rod, actually it makes for quite the refreshing and rewarding alternative.

You really have nooooooo idea how much power there is on tap - it's near indescribable and reaaalllllly needs to be experienced to believe.

The software and exhaust combo take a cerebellum goo-ifyng uber fast sedan to infinity and beyond. It's hard to comprehend, really.

Just Not Right, incarnate.

Like I said, for the doughrayme... it really IS the ultimate car ever conceived.

When I reeled in that 997 Turbo S 80-140... that was enlightening... and rather rewarding. I'm sure he wasn't particularly amused 8-). Maybe the owner's on here (NY tags, last summer in the "Northeast")?

Someone's getting perpetual giggles in a box...
Old 03-01-2013, 12:02 PM
pkrasusky
Racer

another fun series of articles:

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/p...des_benz_s600/

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/p...des_benz_s600/

Speaking of coils... both coils here already done 15k ago ($2600 in parts alone, dealer labor probably upwards of $1500++), including all 24 sparkplugs and insulators... the service history is extensive and thorough - this is as turn-key as you get...
Old 03-05-2013, 05:56 PM
pkrasusky
Racer

sold

Quick Reply: '05 S600 Sport (V12 Biturbo) w/ 3yrs xferrable Fidelity Platinum warranty - FLAWLESS