Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

1999 Xenon Headlights 996 / 986

Old 10-19-2017, 01:21 AM
Saro Pogosyan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1999 Xenon Headlights 996 / 986

Category: Lights
Price (no $ sign please): $900
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911, 986, 996
Location (Region): SoCAl
Item Condition: Used

These are clean and all light are working...All tabs unbroken..900 for the pair with ballasts...
\\
Old 10-19-2017, 03:55 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 259 Posts

OK...I think I'll take them if they are plug and play replacement with standard halogens. Can you confirm that?
Old 10-19-2017, 09:33 AM
black04
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

The high beam and self-leveling feature will not work without the wire harness and control box
Old 10-19-2017, 10:50 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by black04
The high beam and self-leveling feature will not work without the wire harness and control box
can you point me to what parts those are on ebay or somewhere else....
Old 10-19-2017, 12:32 PM
Saro Pogosyan
Intermediate

Find out what parts you need and i cn pull it off the car and include it in the sale
Old 10-19-2017, 05:05 PM
black04
Racer

Default Parts to convert 996 to Litronic headlights

Originally Posted by lowpue
can you point me to what parts those are on ebay or somewhere else....
CLARIFICATION. I read "Xenon", but my brain said "Litronic"

If these are indeed "litronic", sorry, I don't have the specifics...

I only found one related thread here on Rennelist so far, but it is of dubious value, as the poster a) states insufficient information and admits that the high beams don't work and implies that not all drivers need that feature. Weird position to have. and b) explains that one can adjust the headlight level manually without the control module, which I have done with a simple allen wrench.

THUS... 1) Litronics may have a different or secondary wiring harness that might be obvious when one sees the standard and litronic headlights side by side and
2) the self leveling control box may be mounted on the driver's side in the engine compartment

Page 272 of 101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 (996/ 997 - 1998-2008) apparently has the details
http://www.pelicanparts.com/graphics...11_996-997.pdf

if anyone can get me a copy of that chapter, I would appreciate it.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:09 PM
Saro Pogosyan
Intermediate

So mine are Litronic not Bi-xenon..high beam is halogen and low is xenon...the plug for the self leveling unit does not exist in my cars wiring loom, however, the lights do have a socket for it..I will check later today to see if the highbeams work or not..

Trending Topics

Old 10-19-2017, 07:25 PM
Richard of CA/KY
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From a shop service manual:

"A Litronic control module is mounted to rear cover of each headlight assembly...The system also includes dynamic headlight beam adjstment which corrects headlight beam angle to reduce blinding of oncoming traffic due to uneven vehicle load or the dynamic pitching motion of the car. System components include: a control module (inside dash or center console or forward of pass. footwell), main light switch (normal location, left of steering wheel), rear suspension level sensor (rear wheel well), front suspension level sensor (front wheel well), headlight adjuster stepper motor (there's one inside of each headlight assembly).

When high beams are switched ON, system raises low beams by approximately 1.2 degrees (2%) in 0.3 seconds, substantially increasing roadway illumination.

To help prevent dazzling of oncoming traffic due to dirty headlight lenses, the Litronic system is equipped with headlight washers as standard equipment.

Faults in the Litronic system are stored in the Litronic control module and are accessible using a PORSCHE scan tool.

NOTE: A xenon headlight retrofit kit is available from PORSCHE with the same light output as the factory-installed Litronic system. However, it is not equipped with adjustable headlight beam angle and cannot be diagnosed with a PORSCHE scan tool."
Old 10-20-2017, 12:49 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

hmmm...still interested but a little confused. What do I need for this to work in a standard boxster. I have these in my 996 and want the same in the boxster. Do I need a control module?
Old 10-20-2017, 01:32 AM
Saro Pogosyan
Intermediate

hmmm...still interested but a little confused. What do I need for this to work in a standard boxster. I have these in my 996 and want the same in the boxster. Do I need a control module?
yes but the auto adjust wont work..I have the control modules..they are in the back of the light housing.,also known as the ignitor/ballast
Old 10-20-2017, 02:07 PM
Ratchet1025
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Next in line

Hello, I sent a PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:56 PM
black04
Racer

Need the separate box for self-leveling for sure.

Otherwise, this thread
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...-99-996-a.html
explains that litronic swap into a 996.2 need a simple reversal of 2 wires to get the high beams working, whereas the 996.1 is direct swap. Probably the same for a boxster. Either way it's simple.

You have litronics in your 996, why don't you try it? It only takes a minute once you know how to remove the light.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:52 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Yeah...I will once I get my car back....Its getting new engine right now 40 miles away...That will be an easy test....
Originally Posted by black04
Need the separate box for self-leveling for sure.

Otherwise, this thread
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...-99-996-a.html
explains that litronic swap into a 996.2 need a simple reversal of 2 wires to get the high beams working, whereas the 996.1 is direct swap. Probably the same for a boxster. Either way it's simple.

You have litronics in your 996, why don't you try it? It only takes a minute once you know how to remove the light.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1999 Xenon Headlights 996 / 986