Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

991.2 Tractive DDA Coilovers with DSC Sport Module + front axle lift

Old 09-02-2018, 11:38 PM
francisluu
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
Default 991.2 Tractive DDA Coilovers with DSC Sport Module + front axle lift

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price (no $ sign please): $3800
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthWest
Item Condition: Used

For sale, Tractive DDA coilovers for the 991.2. These came off my 2017 911 GTS and were on there for about 800 miles, including one track day. The hydraulic front-axle lift actuators from Porsche were bored out by 1mm to fit the slightly larger shock bodies of the Tractive coilovers and work with the system, including the DSC sport module. I worked directly with Michael Levitas and Tom Chan over at TPC Racing to eliminate the error codes in my non-sunroof coupe, as well as figure out the springs and calibration files to work with the system.

Spring rates are 50 N/mm in the front from H&R, 110 N/mm in the rear with helper springs from Swift. The car sat at GT3 height with -2.5º front camber, -2º rear camber.

$3800 plus shipping to anywhere in the US. Picked these up new for $7375.
Attached Images          
Old 09-03-2018, 03:07 AM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Great deal. Glws. What are you replacing them with?
Old 09-03-2018, 03:36 AM
simplex
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do these fit the 991.1 non-PASM?
Old 09-03-2018, 03:39 AM
francisluu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bmwtye
Great deal. Glws. What are you replacing them with?
A GT3 Touring haha
Old 09-03-2018, 03:40 AM
francisluu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Effe Quaranta
unfortunately no. This requires the PASM system.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:46 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,180 Likes on 622 Posts

It's a shame the spring rates are so close to stock. Stock GTS is 33/108 You really haven't changed the rear at all. GT3 is 45/120. at 50/110 you're really less than GT3 which basically is stock GTS. I don't understand why you would have changed without significantly stiffening the spring rates?

If you had 80/150 0r 100/160 or 100/180 I would have been all over this. But anyone who buys will have to buy decent springs and helper springs. Otherwise you are not much better off than stock.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:58 AM
francisluu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
It's a shame the spring rates are so close to stock. Stock GTS is 33/108 You really haven't changed the rear at all. GT3 is 45/120. at 50/110 you're really less than GT3 which basically is stock GTS. I don't understand why you would have changed without significantly stiffening the spring rates?

If you had 80/150 0r 100/160 or 100/180 I would have been all over this. But anyone who buys will have to buy decent springs and helper springs. Otherwise you are not much better off than stock.
my goal wasn’t to significantly ramp up the stiffness and begin to affect ride quality. I actually wanted to maintain the comfort of my GTS but improve the range of the dampers. Tom at TPC Racing recommended those rates to help me achieve what I was looking for.

The strategy with the Tractive setup is to have the large damping range of the shocks compensate for the lack of spring rate for, say, DE sessions at the track. I never felt like I needed more rate at all. Full damper stiffness was quite aggressive.

I wouldn’t assume that this spring rate choice won’t work for everyone. It’s a very balanced package that takes advantage of what the Tractive system can offer that the OEM dampers can’t in terms of range and response time.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:02 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by francisluu

my goal wasn’t to significantly ramp up the stiffness and begin to affect ride quality. I actually wanted to maintain the comfort of my GTS but improve the range of the dampers. Tom at TPC Racing recommended those rates to help me achieve what I was looking for.

The strategy with the Tractive setup is to have the large damping range of the shocks compensate for the lack of spring rate for, say, DE sessions at the track. I never felt like I needed more rate at all. Full damper stiffness was quite aggressive.

I wouldn’t assume that this spring rate choice won’t work for everyone. It’s a very balanced package that takes advantage of what the Tractive system can offer that the OEM dampers can’t in terms of range and response time.
Don't get me wrong, Tractive is an epic setup. But I track my Porsche. If you want to trail brake, 50 is way too soft on the front. For example the new GT3-RS is 100/160. I am interested in tractive as it can give me a decent track setup without destroying the ride.

With the superiority of the Tractive shocks, I think you easliy could have gone 70/130 and still had better than GT3 comfort on the street and superior track handling at the track.

I think you were under utilising the tractive setup.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:19 PM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 92 Posts

Having just picked up a tractive setup for my Cayman I'll say this is a great suspension and a fantastic deal. GLWS and buyers keep in mind that you can easily change spring rates to suit your needs.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:03 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 910 Likes on 511 Posts

Francisluu- we just came out with a new DSC update for 991.2 with Sunroof + FAL. Send you DSC in for the update. Or have your buyer send the DSC in for the update.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:13 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Effe Quaranta
DSC makes a SA (StandAlone) version of the controller. With DSC SA controller and DSC SA wiring harness we can convert almost any car from full mechanical to active suspension! We have converted GT3 Cup cars, 991/981/997/987/993/964, custom race car builds, and Restomods!

The Tractive suspension that Francisluu is selling will direct bolt to you 991.1. With DSC SA controller and wiring harness you can get the active damping commands working. But you'll not be able to get the FAL to work easily if your car didn't come with FAL(the factory FAL system is complex, it has hydraulic pump, hi pressure lines, and its own FAL control module).

You could just remove the FAL from these coilovers and enjoy the DSC/Tractive active suspension system at a greatly discounted price that Francisluu is selling them for.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:31 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

The beauty of having DSC / Tractive system is that at peak load DSC will command the Tractive shocks to add equivalent of up to 300+ lbs of force(i.e. during braking).
For street comfort, spirited canyon driving, and occasional track these are good spring rate selection.
For those who are more track focused, these springs are easy to swap out for stiffer springs. New springs only cost ~100 bucks each. Factoring four new springs its steal a great deal.
You can even put the existing 110 rear springs on the front, and then put 170 or 180 or 190 in the rear (if you are deleting the FAL. the FAL needs shorter springs to make up for the FAL's thickness).
You can run any of the spring rate combos that you have listed. The DSC and these shocks is cover this range. Stiffer spring rates are additive values to the actively commanded shock stiffness. Stiffer springs will take away some of the street comfort since stiffer springs will basically short the low end of the full dynamic range.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:05 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Thanks Tom, I have the DSC module and a sunroof. I am in Australia. Do I have to send it back?
Old 09-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Thanks Tom, I have the DSC module and a sunroof. I am in Australia. Do I have to send it back?
we’re working on a self-service update, will take about a month roll out.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:30 PM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing

we’re working on a self-service update, will take about a month roll out.
Hi Tom
Im going to assume this cannot be used for 981 gt4? even though same gt3 front suspension but rear will be different? this is a great deal. GLWS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 Tractive DDA Coilovers with DSC Sport Module + front axle lift