Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Sold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: 18" Yokohama Advan Racing RS Wheels in Dark Gunmetal for 987 Cayman(S)/Boxster(S)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:06 PM
2slow2speed
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 67 Posts
Default FS: 18" Yokohama Advan Racing RS Wheels in Dark Gunmetal for 987 Cayman(S)/Boxster(S)

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price (no $ sign please): $2400
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 987, Cayman
Location (Region): NorCal
Item Condition: Used

For Sale 18" Yokohama Advan Racing RS Wheels in Dark Gunmetal. The wheels can be used on a 987.1 and 987.2 Cayman(S)/Boxster(S)/Cayman R/Boxster Spyder.

The wheels have an aggresive 10 spoke design with a double lip that extends the spokes almost to the edge of the wheels, making the wheels look larger than most 18" setups.

The wheels are a Porsche specific setup that does not require any hub centric rings or adapters, it can use the OEM Porsche style lug bolts as well as the OEM sized center caps and OEM style TPMS sensors/valve stems.

Note that these wheels are flow formed cast wheels.

Fronts are: 18x8.5 52mm offset 18.98 lbs

Rears are: 18x9.5 43mm offset 21.12 lbs

No TPMS sensors, Silver Advan Racing center caps included.

Asking price is $2400.00 including shipping via UPS Ground within the continental US, I can only accept PayPal as method of payment. No low ball offers please, these are high quality wheels from one of the most reputable wheel/tire manufacturers in Japan not some fly by night operation that produces wheels of unknown design/origin.

The wheels are in excellent condition, 100% true, no repairs, no curb damage or road rash, only a couple of small paint chips on one of the rear wheels due to some debris on the road that can be touched up easily with the correct matching paint.

The wheels were used for only 250 miles of street driving on my Cayman R and were being used as the street setup on the car.

Selling the wheels since the CR has spent most of it's time being driven with the track wheels/tires and have 2 sets of track wheels/tires at the moment, and need to make space in the garage.

Retail price for the wheels brand new is around $3133.00 plus shipping if you can actually find them in stock in the US.

Only buyers in the continental US please.

Send me a PM if interested, I can email high resolution images of each one of the wheels if requested.

Description per Advan's Australian website:

The ADVAN RS is a one-piece wheel with a 10-spoke design. It is a cast wheel using new advanced flow-forming technology to maximize strength and durbility for extreme racing conditions. The 10 spoke platform offers a structurally rigid wheel allowing the spokes to be extremely thin to guarantee lightweight characteristics. Some larger GTR sizes feature a more aggressive concave spoke design to clear large brake callipers.

Each rim features ADVAN racing logo raised by 1mm for 3 dimensional appearance between the spokes on the rim area. The logo is carved in superb detail which is a secondary process after painting on all colours except Bright Chrome. Another ADVAN RS logo is printed on the spoke using a thermal transfer process.
Attached Images              
Old 08-23-2015, 08:39 PM
2slow2speed
Pro

Default Price drop $2000.00 includes shipping within continental US.

It's been a while since I updated this thread, can't seem to be able to edit the original post, so add more information here.

Price drop $2,000.00 which includes shipping within the continental US.

Sold my 2012 Cayman R back in July so don't have any need for these wheels anymore.

The wheels have been stored in their boxes in my garage for the past few years.

Send me a PM if interested.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:53 PM
2slow2speed
Pro

Include pictures of the wheel centercaps that were DIY painted to attempt to match the color of the wheels. (painted and clear coated)

Note that the crests still have the plastic covers to prevent scratches.

Better match for the wheels than the standard Silver Advan RS centercaps.

Updated package includes:

Qty (2) 18x8.5 ET52 Advan RS Wheel
Qty (2) 18x9.5 ET43 Advan RS Wheel
Qty (4) Silver Advan RS centercap
Qty (4) DIY painted centercap

$2000 shipped within the continental US via UPS Ground.

$1800 if picked up in Sunnyvale, CA.

Payment via PayPal.

Send me a PM if interested.
Attached Images     
Old 09-24-2015, 12:59 AM
GTS_Ninja
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello, i am formerly an Audi guy. New to Porsche. I take delivery of a 981 CGTS in a few weeks. I need a set of wheels for the track/winter. Will these fit my vehicle? I am dying to know. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-29-2015, 02:28 AM
2slow2speed
Pro

Originally Posted by GTS_Ninja
Hello, i am formerly an Audi guy. New to Porsche. I take delivery of a 981 CGTS in a few weeks. I need a set of wheels for the track/winter. Will these fit my vehicle? I am dying to know. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Sorry, not sure if they would work on a 981CGTS.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:08 PM
2slow2speed
Pro

Sold.

Quick Reply: FS: 18" Yokohama Advan Racing RS Wheels in Dark Gunmetal for 987 Cayman(S)/Boxster(S)