Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

For Sale: 2015 ATC-Quest 18' Enclosed Aluminum Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 04:15 PM
Apex 153
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default For Sale: 2015 ATC-Quest 18' Enclosed Aluminum Trailer

Year: 2015
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Power Brakes
Color: Silver
VIN: 5JXAE1620FE199945
Price (no $ sign please): $12000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Other
Stereo System: None

Hello Everyone- Selling my 3yr old ATC Quest Trailer. The box is 18'. Overall length is 22'. Apparently, the Quest version is a step-up from the standard ATC aluminum trailer. This particular trailer has even more options. From what I understand, it was originally configured to haul a 997 Cup & was sold with the car. I purchased it to haul a 911 E-Class car and simply haven't used it enough to justify ownership. I figured I'd list here, before it suffers the indignity of becoming my girlfriend's 4th storage closet...

I've attached the spec sheet from ATC, which shows all relevant information. Here are some highlights: All screwless aluminum exterior. Polar white interior with (6) D-Rings, diamond plated wheel runners and "marble" vinyl flooring, (2) LED interior lights w/ wall mounted switch. Tire rack, fire extinguisher and gas can holders in the nose. Locking diamond plated tongue box. (2) 3500 LB, axles. Tires are in great shape, with like-new tread and no dry rot. Nice looking LED tail lights, side & front marker lights.

Empty weight is just over 3100 LBS. GVWR is 7700 LBS. It towed great behind my girlfriend's Cayenne (non-S). I can't even feel it when towing with my Ram.

Blemishes: There are a few rock dents over the diamond plating on the front and minor surface scratches/rubs from tree branches, etc. throughout. There are some light scratch/dents in the front-right, chrome, corner trim. There's a rub/paint transfer on the right-rear top corner. There's a small dent on the lower right of the cargo door. I tried to remove the PO's numbers from the rear door and scuffed the clearcoat a bit using a 3M sponge, about 6inx6in. There's some dried sap on the left rear section, but based on my luck removing the numbers... I'm not going to mess with it. Overall the trailer looks great; just wanted to list everything I can think of to avoid surprises later. Sorry if I'm being overly thorough for a trailer listing.

Current dealer list, as equipped, is just over $17,000. Hope you find the asking price of $xx,xxx reasonable. Please confirm if transferable with ATC, but I believe there's still a structural warranty, valid thru 3/3/20. Will tow to the Mitty at Rd. Atlanta if we come to a fair agreement. Trailer is currently located in Charleston, SC 29412.

Thanks for looking!
Chip 786-412-0341

​​​

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
ATC Specs-Pricing.pdf (620.4 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by Apex 153; 05-29-2018 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Price Adjustment
Old 04-05-2018, 07:01 PM
jadski
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts

I have been hunting Rennlist for 2 months for a trailer and put a non refundable deposit down earlier today! Arghh! Great trailer! GLWS
Old 04-05-2018, 08:24 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Nice trailer. First time seeing the big door on the driver’s side. How hard/easy was it getting in/out of the car? Guessing the car doors don’t open over the fenders? Do you have a pic with the car parked in it? How much room was there at the front and rear? GLWS!
Old 04-05-2018, 10:20 PM
Apex 153
Intermediate

Thanks for the well wishes jadski! Sorry about the timing, but I'm sure you got a great trailer.

Hello hf1! Good questions. Sorry, but I never actually took a picture of my 911 in the trailer. Unfortunately, the car is currently at Bob Woodman's shop and the trailer is at my house or I'd be happy to post a pic/measurements. The wheel wells are exactly 12" off the floor. Depending on the width/height of the car, width of the driver & how robust your cage is, you can likely open the door to exit the car. This is obviously much easier the older/smaller the 911. I haven't tried it personally with a cup car or new 991, but know they fit. I toyed with the idea of using a $40 come-along from Northern Tool to pull the car into the trailer (or a more expensive electric winch). There are two D rings on each side of the trailer (one in front of the other), next to each front door. The nice thing about having doors on either side of the trailer is being able to access the front ratchet straps from outside the trailer. The rear D rings are next to the rear ramp hinge, also for easy ratchet strap access. Once they are tightened, you can close the door and roll. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Last edited by Apex 153; 04-05-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:04 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

is that the tirerack tire rack ?

interested in selling the gas jugs ?

thx
Old 04-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Apex 153
Intermediate

Good Morning- It is in fact a TireRack tire rack. I hadn't planned on selling the gas jugs. Was just going to include them with the trailer. If you'd like to PM me an offer and how you propose to pick them up, I'll definately consider it.

If any interest to anyone, I also have a set of ASA wheels from TireRack (18x8 & 18x9) off an E39 M5, shod with Toyo R888 tires (245x40x18 & 275x35x18). The set did one DE and a week on the street. Wheels and tires present like new with no dry rot, but have been sitting in my garage for around 3 years. Not sure about value on those... $800?

Have a great Sunday,
Chip

Old 04-16-2018, 02:23 PM
Apex 153
Intermediate

Good Afternoon Everyone- Monday bump for a $1000 price drop. Have a great week! Chip
Old 04-30-2018, 04:00 PM
Apex 153
Intermediate

Bump. Thanks for looking.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:50 PM
Apex 153
Intermediate

Bump... Bueller... Bueller... Accepting reasonable offers for impending track season.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 2015 ATC-Quest 18' Enclosed Aluminum Trailer